Enlightened Achievement Guide

lilysintrigue

There is no indication that you are going to receive the good ending other than at the end when your climbing the tower to the top. The Dark One will say "He understands us, He can help us" but besides that no.

You can loot from the soldier's you come across lying on the ground, but do not loot from innocent's or take money from soldier's you can pick pocket. Do not loot from peoples homes or cot's. Let me know if you need any further explanation, and I will try to help! :)

thanks a ton lily

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I just this very second recieved the Enlightenment Achievment, I hardly was good and missed alot of things. All you have to do is spare the Dark one on top of the tower and knock off the laser guidance system. If you wan't the Hostile ending you just kill the dark one.

It's nothing as complicated as anyone has made it out to be.

Ok I just this very second recieved the Enlightenment Achievment, I hardly was good and missed alot of things. All you have to do is spare the Dark one on top of the tower and knock off the laser guidance system. If you wan't the Hostile ending you just kill the dark one.

in my game it only gave me the choice to kill the dark one. my reticule was red on the lazer guidance thing, but i was unable to do push it off. maybe you were like, neutral or something?

sometimes you dont get the option it automatically plays the bad ending and are not given a choice, im pretty sure i looted any ammo i sore within sight and got the good ending. im pretty sure i didnt take bullets in stations cause i wasnt looking most likely, i think ill finish my explorer vid run and see what ending i manage to get could be good. altho i think shooting the dark one gave me a auto bad rating sigh

There is no indication that you are going to receive the good ending other than at the end when your climbing the tower to the top. The Dark One will say "He understands us, He can help us" but besides that no.

I thought I wasn't getting this achievement. As I was climbing the tower the dark ones were saying that I brought death and I was there to kill them and must be stopped. But at the end I just shot the guidance system off and ding! enlightened achievement.

Gotta love the use of achievements to promote communism, lol.

lol, yeah I thought the same thing when I was researching, and figured out the way to do this achievement! Kind of weird, but kind of cool in that they are sort of giving insight to the way of life for the Russian people to gamer's if you think about it. :)

I just got the achievement following this guide. I did not take any gold bullets in the main metro stations to make sure I did not steal from anyone. I did not take any bullets given to me as a reward and I refused the bullets from the child's mother.

I walked towards the Dark Ones in both visions where you could. I did not loot the body of the comrade who dies in the dungeons on the way to D6. I also explored every area of every level to make sure I got as many flashes as possible. I did loot every body I came across, including the dead bodies of innocents.

I saved the Reds on Front Line, let everyone live on Black Station, and killed the soldier before he could alert the others on Depot. I found every ranger stash on Dead City 1 & 2. I did not take the gun from the locker in the very first level. I gave to every beggar I saw, the kid who leads you to Bourbon, and the guy with the sick child. I talked to Khan in Driving to Sparta until I got the gold flash.

On my way up the tower at the end, the Dark Ones were whispering "he can understand us" instead of "we must destroy him". Then I got a different vision than normal of a red battlefield with Dark Ones and humans. After that, the Dark Ones did say "we must stop him", and I was afraid I wasn't going to get it. Then after the part where you have to shoot the Dark One, you are back on the top of the tower with the Dark One lying in front of you and you are able to shoot the targeting device off the tower.

1000/1000 after 3 playthroughs. Yay!

Edited by Pirateogta

im on my 3rd playthrough n just got explorer on cave..

thought i was gonna have 2 do another playthrough...

pretty much done everything off this guide aswell so should hopefully get enlightened in the next 30mins.. 1000 is so close!!!

Hey,

I have jst started of the ghost chapter and since the start of the level i have beenn unable to do any action which involves pressing X e.g. looting or open doors, Y e.g. use medikits or changing wepon ?!:eek:

what i want to know is that if i load the ghost chapter again at the main menu will it effect all of previous work towards the enlightened achivevment.

p.s i have tried reloading checkpoint but that doesn't affect it.

lol, yeah I thought the same thing when I was researching, and figured out the way to do this achievement! Kind of weird, but kind of cool in that they are sort of giving insight to the way of life for the Russian people to gamer's if you think about it. :)

Spoiler for those who may not have gotten enlightened.

Except the people of the Soviet Union, or other communist nations for that matter, never got to experience true communism. Human greed and lust for power always led to a few(Or single man in the case of Kim Jong, Castro, Stalin, Tito) always taking power and abusing everyone else. I think that is what the game was hinting at. The "Reds" were the typical communist of old, but when someone truly followed the path, they evolved into higher being, ie, the "Dark One"s

Thanks lily, pretty sure i have just unlocked it, tho my first attempt i could not knock the bloody thing off, gotta wait now my wife wants the tv so ill reload the last level again hope i can shoot the targeting system off. lol

Also got the troublesome explorer achievement so after tonight i should have the full 1000g in just 2 playthrough's too.

great guide but i wouldve thought that only doing the majority of what is listed whould net the chievo

You don't have to do EVERYTHING on the list in order to get the achievement. I took every piece of ammo I found (except for the Military Grade rounds near the guy playing the guitar at Exhibition station), and killed every enemy soldier, didn't listen to the conversation at the beginning of Black station, and still got the achievement at the end even though the Dark Ones said "he will kill us all" while I was in the tower.

Just to clear a few things up, you don't have to do everything to earn this ending. This is just what myself and lily noted down while playing through the game. If you follow this guide the first time through the game you will earn several achievements not just the ending.

We didn't write it in intention to just the ending for everyone who wants to blast through the game and not enjoy it. Your second playtrhough should only be required to clear up achievements you have missed.

Some of the decisions we noted down within the guide are there because that's what we did. I did a few other things slightly differently and still earned the ending. We still looted soldiers, completed all the moral choices and found/triggered so many memory flashes while progressing through the game.

Just to point out that you will NOT be able to get the night vision goggles or bullets (discovery point) at the beginning of Frontline if you are also going for the Invisible Man achievement at the same time. Would be impossible to sneak past the 2 guards to get it as it's in the wall cabinet right by the fire where both guards are standing. Pretty sure missing this one discovery point it doesn't effect Enlightened - dunno yet, still working through this guide....

Just to point out that you will NOT be able to get the night vision goggles or bullets (discovery point) at the beginning of Frontline if you are also going for the Invisible Man achievement at the same time. Would be impossible to sneak past the 2 guards to get it as it's in the wall cabinet right by the fire where both guards are standing. Pretty sure missing this one discovery point it doesn't effect Enlightened - dunno yet, still working through this guide....

You don't have to worry about the night vision goggles if you bought the Stealth Suit from Armory Station.

First of all I appreciate the research for this achievement, especially when most of the information is still in its infancy. Based on your research, does the achievement really encompass that many choices, or does it register mathematically based on how many flashes you can receive/find throughout the game?

This guide is very long to just earn ONE achievement.

There must be a way to short it down very much but still earn the achievement?

If it is possible to short down this guide, because it is very irrelevant and hard way to go if you must do every things and looks for every sign to confirm every thing and signs to earn just one achievement. Because this guide will require you to be hell of a carefully 100% of the time during an entire play trough if you fellow this guide.

I am asking for changes to this guide or an smaller version where we ONLY get necessary information to unlock this Enlightened achievement.

okay you play through 20 time slowly removing elements 1 by 1 and let us know what is and isnt necessary ok?

This guide is very long to just earn ONE achievement.

There must be a way to short it down very much but still earn the achievement?

If it is possible to short down this guide, because it is very irrelevant and hard way to go if you must do every things and looks for every sign to confirm every thing and signs to earn just one achievement. Because this guide will require you to be hell of a carefully 100% of the time during an entire play trough if you fellow this guide.

I am asking for changes to this guide or an smaller version where we ONLY get necessary information to unlock this Enlightened achievement.

The whole point of this guide is to complete several achievements in one go, if you screwed up your first playthrough because you didn't follow it that's not our fault. You should have looked around before hand rather than complaining.

As we have have said before, not every single thing is required, though this guide is for people who wants to get it right the first time. I still don't see the issue, you only have to really remember to do several things while playing though. Pick up certain things, talk to certain people, complete certain tasks and cause the flashes. Most of which you do without thinking about.

Anyhow, enjoy playing though the game to work this out, it took us 12 playthroughs over two accounts to compile this information. And yes, it could require 95% of this information for ONE!!! achievement. There are plenty of games which pose a challenge to earn so called simple achievements.

Edited by Fizzmatix

• 2 weeks later...