Easily complete Aperture Science achievement

If you don't mind cheating a little, I have found a new method to complete the 18 gold medals in the Portal challenges without it taking days.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/212505.html

While it is cheating, it simply uses a flaw in the game mechanics, so I find it quite acceptable. Plus, I had already done 14 gold challenges legitimately before the game went and glitched up my achievement back to 0 medals. There was no way I'd do it again...

Hope this helps!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, good way to help with the least portal rooms.

Useless for the others.

You think so? My achievement was glitched so I was back to 0 and I managed to complete it in less than a day using those cheats. You can greatly reduce steps by using the portal anywhere cheat and you can actually skip great lenghts of levels in the time challenges by spawning an energy ball or swimming in the toxic liquid with invincibility.

I guess you didn't have the balls to do it honorably.

Why would you NOT try doing it the normal way? I eventually succeeded.

Lol, what's next? A quick way to get Brass Balls in BioShock? A button combination to get every Ally achievement in Mass Effect unlocked?

And what do you mean by disabling the colored buttons?

Edited by Axe Argonian

You think so? My achievement was glitched so I was back to 0 and I managed to complete it in less than a day using those cheats. You can greatly reduce steps by using the portal anywhere cheat and you can actually skip great lenghts of levels in the time challenges by spawning an energy ball or swimming in the toxic liquid with invincibility.

It doesn't even count toward the achievement anyway (at least for me). Therefore it's practically useless except to mess around with things in.

Geez, this helped a ton for the least portals, but I can still only manage bronze for both least steps and least time. I think I just suck using a 360 controller instead of a mouse and keyboard, lol. Wish someone would just do these dang achievements for me cuz they're driving me batty. :rant:

I got all the gold challenges without cheats. You know why?

Because i'm awesome.

You must be. I got all bronze and gave up on silver, forget gold for me. I will go back one day and get them. ONE DAY.

Isn't funny how a game you complete seems somewhat impossible to other people? I look at your gold in Portal and I'm impressed. Some people comment on how the hell I completed Assassin's Creed or Crackdown. It wasn't easy but not as hard as some people think.

I guess you didn't have the balls to do it honorably.

Why would you NOT try doing it the normal way? I eventually succeeded.

Lol, what's next? A quick way to get Brass Balls in BioShock? A button combination to get every Ally achievement in Mass Effect unlocked?

And what do you mean by disabling the colored buttons?

the ally achievement would be even greater if i could cheat like that. whats so hard about the brass balls achievement anyway?

getting silver on some of the levels seem impossible enough anyways

it only takes 1 day to fully beat portal legit (around 10 hours?). i rented it saturday morning and got all achievements by saturday night. now, i will not claim that I figured out how to do each room by myself; I am good at puzzle games and am pretty smart in general, but some of that shit got real intricate and i am really impressed by the people that figured all of that out. i watched videos for some on youtube. the videos helped give me some ideas and i eventually just figured out each room in my own modified way. cheating is for pussies.

the cheats don't disable cheats i don't think well at liest in advanced maps and i think if it's the the game enging it's fair game to use it and it's not like it is a exploit as when you enter it the steam enging tells you that cheat mode is turnt on liek in all the pc games when you enter SV_cheats 1