Konami Code Money Trick

So, I searched and found nothing. I'm slightly surprised this hasn't been mentioned on here yet.

Now, I do not take credit for discovering this. I was bored, browsing youtube and came across it as I was looking for the money glitch, the user digiangel234 has the video up. It's easier than the glitch, but not as quick to gather money. Also, you do not need the memory card to do it, nor do you have to worry about backing out and into the game.

Now, there are two ways you can go about this. The first way, go to the shopping district and make your way to the Mini-Marts and buy the Gum to go. Mostly because it's the cheapest at .95c and will keep you from dying when you do the trick, which essentially kills you.

Then, go back into the street. Hold down both the :rtbut: and the :ltbut: and enter the Konami Code: :dup: :dup: :ddown: :ddown: :dleft: :dright: :dleft: :dright: :bbut: :abut:. As your character jumps into the air and dies, he/she drops 25, $2 coins. Then, just simply walk back into the mart, buy the gum, rinse and repeat.

The other way which I tried was to have at least 2 controllers on. (I did it myself, so I didn't have to share the money :p) You can essentially do it where ever, but I did it at the market. Take the second controller, do the code, revive the second player, grab the coins with the character you want to gain money, and repeat.

So, if you have some time to kill, like I did today, you could get yourself a few thousand in an hour or so. I did it for a little over an hour and got about $6,000, but that was also going about 30 minutes or so with one player.

Just as a reference, you only need ~$650-700 to max out your level and stats while still having money left over for extra lives, although you shouldn't need more than 3-4 total.

In No Account Video:

-pay off fines

-buy 10 copies of Seven Shaolin Masters to max your stats

-buy ~13 copies of Alone and Disturbed to get to level 16, assuming you started fresh and reached level 4 before reaching the shop (it'll take 1 copy per level except 2 copies from 15 to 16)

Edited by A ZombieTwinkie

wish I would of known about this 4 playthroughs ago. I decided to try it on my final playthrough with NegaScott and it worked like a charm and cut my game time down in half. Maxed him out and completed the final playthrough in no time. Now all Im waiting on is Knives DLC.

THANKS ALOT man, it works like a charm!

I also discovered this a couple days ago. Cuts down a playthrough to maybe an hour, not counting the unskippable credits.

Just as a reference, you only need ~$650-700 to max out your level and stats while still having money left over for extra lives, although you shouldn't need more than 3-4 total.

In No Account Video:

-pay off fines

-buy ~13 copies of Alone and Disturbed to get to level 16, assuming you started fresh and reached level 4 before reaching the shop (it'll take 1 copy per level except 2 copies from 15 to 16)

I also discovered this a couple days ago. Cuts down a playthrough to maybe an hour, not counting the unskippable credits.

In No Account Video:

-pay off fines

I was just coming to post this. Well, something like this. This is what I did on my second play through. Definitely cut down on the time running through and saves a lot of frustration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
May aswell just use the Konami code; since the method shown in that video includes abusing hardware.

i havent tried the konami code. how much money does it give you? and this method in the video you can get $2000 in 1 try if you give to 2nd player. enough to max out the characters. and i don't see how its abusing hardware. its not like you're opening the xbox. you just simply remove the memory card like you usually would. just another method for those who need it.

i havent tried the konami code. how much money does it give you? and this method in the video you can get $2000 in 1 try if you give to 2nd player. enough to max out the characters. and i don't see how its abusing hardware. its not like you're opening the xbox. you just simply remove the memory card like you usually would. just another method for those who need it.

I've always been wary of removing a memory card or USB memory (which are both hardware), while the console is still on; since there's a chance you can corrupt the data stored on them (ah, bad memories of PSX memory cards wiping through such actions).

I'd rather not break any memory over attempting to gain money in the game, when there is a way to gain it legitimately.

Also; it is actually against the ToU to do it via messing with the memory card/USB (since it is manipulating something you shouldn't in order to gain something in the game), but the chances of anything actually happening (in this case) are close to nil.

Though the Konami code only gains you $50 per use (so about 15 times is enough to max a character) and though it takes longer (5 minutes at the most) than your method (or may even be a good way to quickly build up money before using your method :p), it doesn't have the chance of any negative consequences. Your method is faster (once you've built up enough money to start it) though it does have a (admittedly rather low) chance to cause negative consequences.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...