Online Play...

TheSecondLetter

Was I the only one that read the online interview from the main man at Reality Pump where he basically said, the online play for TW2 was going to full the void that consoles have seen with Online RPGs. That it would rival the best out there?

Online play feels more like something they tacked on at the end than the robust online world that was promised.

Moral of the story, leave online play OUT of RPGs. For the love of God. :uzi:

I agree. there isn't really a whole alot of variety as far as weapons/armor goes for the levels...you're either level 36 and have this armor or level 46 and have this armor..it bugs me, like I want to look like everyone else in the game. i've heard rumors on the game that they're making a patch to fix some of the things people complain about like the marshlands being the only way to level after 36? im not real into the game online so i wouldnt really know much about the rest but, if there is a patch and its what these people say it will be i think it will be much better.

6 ten minute adventure maps doesnt cut it. The game's campaign should have had full co op. There is not nearly enough content in the mp to keep you wanting to play it. I would have enjoyed the game so much more if I could have played the story mode with my brother instead of 6 short linear levels.

6 ten minute adventure maps doesnt cut it. The game's campaign should have had full co op. There is not nearly enough content in the mp to keep you wanting to play it. I would have enjoyed the game so much more if I could have played the story mode with my brother instead of 6 short linear levels.

Agreed. I wonder if there will be any additional MP content any time soon?

This is what I didn't understand. The impression I got from reading the interviews as that what you typed was exactly what we were going to get. It was a bogus move to separate the online and singleplayer modes. Online co-op for the main campaign would have been much better just like you said. That way, I don't have to go thru leveling a character twice.

I had my character at lvl 41 before I finished Chapter 2 in the story. That was 35hrs worth of play. To have to do it over again in their multiplayer is just whack to me.

Moral of the story, leave online play OUT of RPGs. For the love of God. :uzi:

Unless it's an MMORPG, I do agree. However, I find it pathetic Two Worlds, Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim, Risen, Dragon Age, even Fallout 3, Fallout Vegas doesn't have true Co-op from level 1 to endgame. Borderlands was the first step, why others haven't followed suit yet is beyond me.

Unless it's an MMORPG, I do agree. However, I find it pathetic Two Worlds, Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim, Risen, Dragon Age, even Fallout 3, Fallout Vegas doesn't have true Co-op from level 1 to endgame. Borderlands was the first step, why others haven't followed suit yet is beyond me.

Agreed. They should just follow the same formula as Borderlands but make a 3rd person rpg like two worlds 2 with dungeons and loot.

• 6 months later...
Plain and simple, no.

What the RPG scene needs is more coop/teambased ones, not something that just caters to the loner crowd that lacks friends unless its a Dungeons and Dragons saturday.

I can agree with that if the multiplayer actually adds value to the game. Most (console) RPG developers haven't found a way to do that, though.