Faq

13ip0lar

Thought I should update this...

Q: What's the first DLC? I think it's maps!

A: We all see the maps on the leaderboards (Azura, Rustlung, Blood Drive) and there's even videos on YouTube of people playing on them. However, what's been CONFIRMED so far is:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9686-Gears-3-DLC-Ditches-Marcus--Dom--Cole-and-Baird.html

We now know exactly what's in the 1st DLC coming in November. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9738-Gears-of-War-3-Horde-Command-Pack-DLC-Unveiled.html Now if there's questions or comments, please try the new sub-forum for the DLC or the "search this forum" in the Gears of War 3 forum. Thanks!

:ltbut:+:bbut:

There's also ribbons for doing this. I don't know if there are medals, but I do recall getting ribbons for giving away a certain amount of money to teammates.

I'm having a problem with "All about the loot". I've been only playing public hoarde online, have 23 hoarde challenges completed, and the silver loot medal...the achievement still has not popped up...am I missing something??...HELP!

Might be a glitch. Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to get that cheeb and medal you have to complete 50 horde loot challenges, right?

I'm having a problem with "All about the loot". I've been only playing public hoarde online, have 23 hoarde challenges completed, and the silver loot medal...the achievement still has not popped up...am I missing something??...HELP!

Might be a glitch. Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to get that cheeb and medal you have to complete 50 horde loot challenges, right?

Well according to the cheevo guide:

It's All About the Loot! 25

Earn the Bronze "Loot Courtesan" medal.

This medal requires you to complete 10 Horde Challenges. The challenges only appear every fourth wave (4, 8, 12, etc). They are small side missions tasking you with getting kills in specific ways such as chainsaws, executions, headshots, etc. Best done while playing Casual, especially if it gives you the chainsaw challenge. Must be done in co-op (can just be an idle second controller though).

So if you've done 20+ matches all in public, then you might need to report this problem on Epic forums to see if they are aware of it and if they have a solution.

I'm adding this because I've seen a lot of threads come up about this topic. However, it's not complete, so if someone would be willing to fill in what I've left off, that would be great. Also, feel free to confirm what I have. Thanks.

Difficulties Explained

If hosting a private match for Horde or Beast mode, the difficulty chosen by you (host) will be the same for everyone who joins your match.

If hosting a private versus match the bot difficulty will be set at the difficulty chosen by you (host).

If hosting a private ARCADE campaign the difficulty chosen by you (host) will be the same for everyone who joins.

If hosting a private STANDARD campaign the difficulty is only set for you (host). Anyone joining the game will be on the difficulty of their last SAVED CHECKPOINT.

Nifty trick for those who wish to join a private standard campaign on a specific difficulty. Go to New Standard campaign where you have 3 save game files. (Do u really need 3?) Use one of these to start your new campaign on your desired difficulty. Skip opening scene, follow Anya, skip scene, outside a checkpoint pops up. Once it disappears, pause, return to menu. Join the desired game, once inside the campaign, press start to confirm proper difficulty. It's a the top left in parenthesis. ()

Notice I'm missing public info :) Enjoy!

Edited by Grifter Reborn

Q: Did the XP change?

A: Yes. Epic was waiting to see how quickly players were leveling up before deciding how to adjust it, if needed. They cut all XP gained by 50% based on the results they've seen so far.

Q: Does this effect my current rank or unlocks?

A: No. It will only make it twice as hard to achieve your next rank.

Q. If I didn't recieve the patch which halved exp gain, could I go on to get level 100 without the restrictions, and then keep my level when I come back online?

Thanks.

EDIT: Also

Q. Does the exp cut affect the amount of exp you need to level up (Example 56k to level turns into 112k) or does it just cut the gain you get from playing matches, earning onyx medals and getting kills etc?

Edited by xI WARFARE

Q. Does the exp cut affect the amount of exp you need to level up (Example 56k to level turns into 112k) or does it just cut the gain you get from playing matches, earning onyx medals and getting kills etc?

It cuts the gain from matches, etc. by half. So if you were getting 1000 XP, you'll now get 500 XP.

As for the 1st question in your post, I don't know. If you find the answer somewhere else, please post it. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...