Official Bitching Thread

Ham Woopan

I'll start this off with one word, Autobalance.

I can't believe this is still around. What the fuck is the point in having it? I was playing a multiplayer game and the enemy team was losing, after a while they started to quit and it said "Teams will be autobalanced" sure enough, I got switched. I was second on the team and randomly get switched to the losing team and have to fight against the team I just helped? I quit instantly. Multiplayer is pretty meh right now, I just unlocked the ability to make my own class so hopefully it'll get better.

Although the single player kicks so much ass!

Agreed. This just happened to me, i was a big reasom we were winning by a good bit and with 20 seconds left in the match it switched me to the other team. So, not only did i get screwed out of a winI also got screwed out of MVP for the match. Assholes are going to use this for griefing some unfortunate souls until it is fixed.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have another gripe, more about R* than Max Payne 3. It was rather shitty of R* to put a code for the soundtrack in the collector's edition when the codes can't be redeemed until later today. Why not just actually make physical copies of the soundtrack instead of just a code that people wouldn't be able to redeem right away? Not like they ran out of room in the box that housed the game and bullet keychain and couldn't fit just a regular jewel cased cd in it. It's also pretty sad, if you think about it, because at least Team Ninja was decent enough to make physical copies of the NG3 soundtrack that were in the collector's edition instead of putting a code in the box that you couldn't even redeem when you got the game.

Edited by D347H0FL0V3

Only one big so far and especially for ACHIEVEMENT WHORES like us, the damn crazy stupid long unskippable CUTSCENES. This really sucks.

Also if you press the guide-button it goes to pause (for checking your friends, writing messages etc. during the scenes). Major minus in this game. Imagine playing through this game plenty times or go for the SP GRINDS watching this scenes over and over again.

Goddamn the multiplayer really fucking blows. I'm so glad I decided to wait to try the multiplayer before I bought the Rockstar pass. No way in hell I'm buying it.

I actually loved playing GTA IV multiplayer, never played RDR but this blows so hard. I'd rather play Resident Evil: ORC and that's saying something.

Only one big so far and especially for ACHIEVEMENT WHORES like us, the damn crazy stupid long unskippable CUTSCENES. This really sucks.

Too right.

I applaud the level/checkpoint select system in place, but then to sit through 5-10 minutes of seizure inducing cinematics...christ.

Whilst I'm bitching... I would really like a reticle (for the pistols especially) that I can see without having to get all squinty looking for it.

Probably not going to be a very popular gripe but I started the game last night and have to say I was pretty disapointed. I have been holding off starting it because I wanted to finish sniper elite on hard first but now I just want more sniper. I found the controls sluggish, the game itself is way to linear, (watch a reality long cut scene, walk through an empty room then walk into a room where you will be attacked, jump around in slow motion shooting them then rinse and repeat). Admittedly I only played the first 3 chapters but it really hasn't grabbed my attention enough to want to go back to it. Think I'll get the kill Hitler add on for sniper and do that instead. awesome game.

Only complaint is the lack of classic TV shows and other little stuff from the originals. And this isn't bad because it's still written so well, Max's narration is less poetic and more comparisons. I guess that's what three dead loved ones will do to you.

I think the difficulty is great, a good challenge, and the multiplayer I've played has been very fun. Deathmatch is probably my favorite which is strange considering I'm usually more of a team deathmatch guy. The MP was a little glitchy from wha I played Tuesday but I'm sure it'll get smoothed out soon, if it already hasn't.

This isn't really a major complaint, but wish it were different.

I do not like how we have to get 5K kills before we unlock HARDCORE

Totally agree, Hardcore seems like it would make the multiplayer better. I've played alot since Tuesday and I'm at 778 kills and I've actually been playing really well. I'm sure I'll hang this up long before I ever get close to 5,000 kills. 5,000 kills is ridiculous, should be around 2,000 or so. But the truth of the matter is Hardcore is probably terrible being a Rockstar title and involving friendly fire.

Too right.

I applaud the level/checkpoint select system in place, but then to sit through 5-10 minutes of seizure inducing cinematics...christ.

Whilst I'm bitching... I would really like a reticle (for the pistols especially) that I can see without having to get all squinty looking for it.

WHAT?!?!?! the small white dot is awesome.. especially when you're shooting somone higher than you and the sky behind them is an off white!!! Sticks out like a sore thumb...LOL.

Serious tho... get a piece of clear tape make a retiucle with red marker or something. Start the game and place the tape on your tv where the reticles match up. Almost like a scope.. used it for this game and HALO Reach LASO challenges ( fog -no displays)....

Nice going Rockstar. Every other game there's a fucking rock golem on the enemy team that won't die. Please stick to developing single-player only. Or at least free-roam in GTA V.

I might as well ask this here, is there any other way to check to see your leveling progress besides finishing a match? I've looked all around the menus and I can't find anything. And the titles, I can't see others titles. Am I missing something?

EDIT yet again. I'm LOVING when I die sometimes and it takes me a minute to respawn. Then I'm walking around the map like it's a ghost town because it already ended yet somehow I'm able to walk around and play with myself.

Fuck me I'm never going to shut up about how fucking horrible the multiplayer is. I want every damn person in the world to know what a piece of shit it is.

Edited by Ham Woopan

I might as well ask this here, is there any other way to check to see your leveling progress besides finishing a match? I've looked all around the menus and I can't find anything. And the titles, I can't see others titles. Am I missing something?

Fuck me I'm never going to shut up about how fucking horrible the multiplayer is. I want every damn person in the world to know what a piece of shit it is.

I can't find it anywhere either, be nice to see it. I could piss and moan about this game all day, though I will say it gets slightly better as you level up and unlock stuff. The problem is the bad outweighs the good so I'll never be able to take it seriously. For me this is a fine example of buying a game based on reviews and then regretting it.

My only complaint so far is some of the MP weapons seem overpowered. After starting with the AK i thought i was crap, but in the following games i tried the mini 30 and the shotgun and i was MVP in my 2nd game. As much as i like raping the other team and already earning 3x 10 kill streaks, i can see a point where everyone will be using the same guns.

Yeah. Multiplayer is among the worst I've played. I got the jump on an enemy and I was shooting the crap out of him, but he killed me anyway and it showed that I had been shot in the thighs. Come on, Rockstar! I was also virtually instantly was killed when I was shot with 3 bullets - 2 in the elbow and 1 in the hand.

Yeah. Multiplayer is among the worst I've played. I got the jump on an enemy and I was shooting the crap out of him, but he killed me anyway and it showed that I had been shot in the thighs. Come on, Rockstar! I was also virtually instantly was killed when I was shot with 3 bullets - 2 in the elbow and 1 in the hand.

Are you still playing it?

Anyway another issue for me besides lack of spawn protection and crapping spawns is joining lobbies with others in my party only to get separated. Its rather annoying, especially when the game doesn't even bother to fix it when another match starts. I wouldn't mind it as much if its just regular people but since these people are part of my crew it annoys me. I'm all for friendly competition with friends but this effects the crews overall K/D ratio. It also keeps a member from taking part in a feud with another crew.

Nice going Rockstar. Every other game there's a fucking rock golem on the enemy team that won't die. Please stick to developing single-player only. Or at least free-roam in GTA V.

EDIT yet again. I'm LOVING when I die sometimes and it takes me a minute to respawn. Then I'm walking around the map like it's a ghost town because it already ended yet somehow I'm able to walk around and play with myself.

Funny it seems as though you are still playing it, if you are that is just stupid if you hate it so much.

-Lagged out of my first multiplayer game. Nothing to bitch about, just something I wanted to note.

-Fell THROUGH THE FLOOR a few times on the last level, twice in a row at the end where you're shooting at 'that one guy with the grenade launcher'. That part in general sucked...

-NOT A MAX PAYNE GAME. A good game, perhaps a great game, but this isn't a Max Payne game. I never used the shotdodge because if you were out of cover too long you'd usually regret it really quickly, and this was on Normal.

-Shotdodge having that slowness about it made me rarely use it where as I used the HELL out of it in 1 and 2.

-Stop taking control of Max to walk through doors! You aren't my fucking mom, game...

-When 'that one chick' announced she was pregnant, I had literally a second before predicted that plot point...

-Less of the easter eggs, fourth wall breaking, and parodies that made the first two games great.

-Needs more sniping.

-Etc.

this game sucks ass..or should i say MOVIE

i played for 2 hours yesterday thru most of the first act, atleast 4-5 chapters and probably actually used my controller about as much as i would use my remote switching channels and using my DVR

not to mention the HIDDEN TIMELIMIT is bullshit, the few times you actually get to play they dont let you have enough time to look at anything and they got these stupid collectables which always cuts off his current speech which is actually relevant to the mission and goes off on some rant about the collectable.

the aiming is worthless, even the highest setting is worse than the semi-assist of RDR which would SNAP to the next guy(and let you switch using right stick...this game makes you release the LT and repress it to find the next guy) and this game moves slow as hell to the target and its impossible to move it UP to either aim over the cover, or for their head...compared to moving the reticule in GTA IV....WHICH CAME OUT IN 2008

its been like 10 years since Max Payne 2 so i dont even remember if most of these issues where in those games, but i do remember it actually being fun to play and not sitting watching a movie

Edited by eiVaL

this game sucks ass..or should i say MOVIE

i played for 2 hours yesterday thru most of the first act, atleast 4-5 chapters and probably actually used my controller about as much as i would use my remote switching channels and using my DVR

the aiming is worthless, even the highest setting is worse than the semi-assist of RDR which would SNAP to the next guy(and let you switch using right stick...this game makes you release the LT and repress it to find the next guy) and this game moves slow as hell to the target and its impossible to move it UP to either aim over the cover, or for their head...compared to moving the reticule in GTA IV....WHICH CAME OUT IN 2008

the aiming really gets to me i just want a lil bit of sticky aim not for my guy to lock straight on the guys belly button and not be able to move at all from there, and dont even get me started on the cutscenes especially in new york minute... OMFG i never thought i could hate cutscenes more then i already did but max payne 3 has proven me wrong....

I just wish there were more checkpoints. I kill 25 guys and walk a mile just to die by one guy and have to start it all over again come on. This is not a quick pick up and play SP game which I don't like. I want to wake up and bust out 15 minutes before work but cannot because my progress won't be saved.

Yea I don't get the seizure inducing effects in the cinematics. When I am drunk I never experience these problems lol.