DLC - Quick Guide to Defeating Professor K (3 Turns)

DeZmonD88

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to save the game in the system part of the main menu. Would the game recognise the save as the last checkpoint visited?

If i am right, there will be no need to travel back down the staff everytime you lose!

Naw, that only works when you're at a save point.

Thanks for the guide! Got it on my first try, lvl 99 immortals (thank you ToE Hellish Kelolons). I had everyone at 101 HP except Ming at 2400 and Sed at 6700 with the recommended accessories. It did not go as planned though, first Ming absorbed to 9900 HP so her 2nd turn Reversas did nothing, and then Kaim absorbed to 9999 HP on turn 3. Prof. K still had 28,000 HP going into turn 4 too. I used Kaim to heal Seth from 1 HP to 101, and Sed angel plume'd Sarah (who died when she could have persisted). My Auto HP Recovery probably helped a lot, instantly raising everyone from 1 HP but not too high. On turn 5 Seth and Sarah let off four more Reversas to finish him.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're concerned about him casting reflect, do this on your 2ND turn(make sure you know the order in which you characters cast their spells):

Ming - Flarus, Reversa (if Prof K has reflect, only Flarus will get reflected, which your entire party should be able to nulify. Reversa would not be casted/reflected.)

Sarah - Flarus, Reversa

Seth - Flarus, Reversa

Kaim - Reversa, Reversa (By now, if Prof K has reflected 3 spells, his reflect status would be gone and Kaim would hit both Reversas)

Sed - Heal himself

If you go into the battle with 2HP and assuming you're around my level 85-90 and equip the correct skills, you should have max HP for Kaim and Seth and around 7k HP for Ming and Sarah. This means that you should do 10k damage with Seth and Kaim per Reversa and 7k with Ming and Sarah.

Turn 1:

You deal 68k Damage.

Prof K casts regenerus. Heals 20k.

Prof K will have 60800/108800 HP

From here there may be a few scenarios, but turn 1 is a given.

Turn 2 A:

Prof K casts reflect

You cast Flarus and Reversa with 3 Immortals, Reversa x 2 with Kaim.

You hit 2 Reversas for 20k damage.

Prof K heals 20400 HP.

Prof K has 61000/108800

Turn 2 B:

You do the same as 2 A

Prof K uses Kelotimate hit, the Immortals all go to 1 HP (persistence), Sed dies

You hit 3 Flarus for a total of 4k damage, 5 Reversas hit for a total of 44k damage.

Prof K heals 20k.

Prof K has 33000/108800

Turn 3 is when he will normally cast Anhiliation, in the 7 battles I've faced him, he has never casted reflect (which contradicts what some of you say)

Turn 3:

All cast Reversa for 68K damage, he should die unless he casts reflect which of course probably screws your chances this time round

I used your method and it worked on the first try, you definitely have to right way to goo contrary to this topic's creator (sorry), because casting all Reversa's doesn't work for obvious reasons.

I would add that if your characters are level 99 like mine, and you use Tolten instead of Sed (for his Complete Defense on second turn), on the second turn Prof. K. only has 40000 left, so boost your characters ! :)

Also, as it has been said before, I would cast Poison instead of Flare, but whatever...

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm curious; why all the hp dropping and reversa?

Does casting Divide not work, or make him do something goofy? It seems like it would make more sense to start the fight full and, assuming you have cast time 3 you can do 2 divides in a turn, starting off the fight doing the same amount of damage as double reversa without the threat of being so low on hp.

Thank you Dez. Even a year later this thread has helped me on the first try after reading your plan. I had 8 prior attempts. Most of which ended with Anni or Reflect thrown right before I could get started, in which case, I killed myself.

Aside from overclock.net, this is my only forum registration. But I wanted to thank you for this informative, well-written strat-faq of what, I feel, is the hardest battle in the game.

My battle (1st attempt after your setup) played exactly as your video. I had lv78/immortals & lv73/Sed. Although you mentioned Complete Defense as a precaution for life-insurance I chose to grit my teeth and try.. .

I had beat The Immortal prior to this but had no 'optional' pick-ups aside from chests and the DLC ring. I wish I could find the ReduceCast3 and so on. . .

Again, thank you for the great job and I will be watching for more from your hangouts.

M

Man, Prof K was a pain in the rear. I tried him 3 times before looking for help. The advice I received here was golden.

This is how I beat him;

Party level, 99. Immortals, and Sed. I got Kiam, Seth and Ming down to 1 hp by harrassing the toads around level 13-ish. Persistance on, and no ailment resistance so their acid rain will take you down to 1 hp, then turn-tail. Used minor healing items to get to 101 hps on all three.

Once I got to Prof K, I had Sed and Sarah cast Divide (Sarah was double), and the others double-cast Reversa on turn one.

Turn two, K cast Reflect, but I had Seth, Kiam and Ming double-cast a Flarus then Reversa. The Flarus'es(?) all reflected, causing little harm. They didn't even do the Reversas. Sarah and Sed then cast Divides, pretty much nullifying his Generatus. He had approximately 40k hps left after this.

Turn three, all offense. Kiam, Seth and Ming double-cast Reversas. Killed him before Ming even got to go. :) Sed and Sarah were casting Divides; didn't need 'em.

Thanks for the great advice on how to beat this S.O.B. Talk about frustrating.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

0wn4ge!!! Using this most excellent advice, I took down K on my first try :D

I would say that unless you are crazy dont take your immortals in with only 1 hp, by all means get them down to 1hp, but then just cast a low-level Heal on them to get them up to a few hundred. This helps if/when K casts Reflect, which is what happened to me. The only thing I was unsure about was what exactly to do with Sed. I just stuck him in the front row and Taunted each turn in case of Forceus. Was this correct? Anyway, didnt seem to matter, K went down during the 3rd round of Reversas, even after he Reflected some. My immortals where lvl 95 and Sed was lvl 85, if that helps too.

Failed against him 3 times in a row thinking I could do it at level 70. I didn't do too badly the last time getting him down to 23,000 HP but then he used annihilation over and over combined with restoring his HP back to full >.<

I think I'll train to level 80 or so and try again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sup all

great guide :)

i was wondering can u get all these skills on disc 4?

im missing:

mimint ear (Lucky 0 Magic Damage)

masters secret script (Weapon Guard 2)

any help would be great. :)

The following skills:

--------------------

Persistence

HP Boosting skills

Crisis Defence

Complete Defence

Level 8 White Magic

Level 8 Spirit Magic

Lucky 0 Magic Damage

Nullify all elements

Double Cast

Reduce Casting time 2

Mental Stability 2

Weapon Guard 2

Slot +5/Slot +10

Turn-tail

sup all

great guide :)

i was wondering can u get all these skills on disc 4?

im missing:

mimint ear (Lucky 0 Magic Damage)

masters secret script (Weapon Guard 2)

any help would be great. :)

The following skills:

--------------------

Persistence

HP Boosting skills

Crisis Defence

Complete Defence

Level 8 White Magic

Level 8 Spirit Magic

Lucky 0 Magic Damage

Nullify all elements

Double Cast

Reduce Casting time 2

Mental Stability 2

Weapon Guard 2

Slot +5/Slot +10

Turn-tail

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/928334/51872

That guide should help you find what you need. Weapon Guard 2 was a preorder bonus though so I'm not sure if you can get it. I think it might be available from the Japanese marketplace but whether it's compatible or not is another matter.

• 4 weeks later...

just done this boss FINALLY!!!

did as you guys said with a few exceptions, which was.

equip sed with HP up 3 accesory instead of crisis defence.

equip everyone except sed with LV8 white magic.

equip everyone except sed with MP UP skills

1st turn have sarah (or lowest HP) cast double reflect on sarah and sed.

2nd turn have seth, ming and sarah cast refelct then flare on kaim, ming and seth. kaim have double reversa and sed used gamble or reversa depending on his HP.

then from there have sarah refresh everyones reflect when needed if not use reversa.

this was since sarah being my lowest hp which was around 4k hp so it would make sense to use her for buffs

my levels was something like,

kaim LV72 (max HP)

seth LV57 (about 7-8k HP)

sed LV72 (about 5-6k HP with HP UP 3)

ming LV72 (about 5-6k HP)

sarah LV57 (about 3-5k HP)

this took about 5-7 turns i wasnt really counting just glad its over with!

Edited by Tishan Tom

just done this boss FINALLY!!!

did as you guys said with a few exceptions, which was.

equip sed with HP up 3 accesory instead of crisis defence.

equip everyone except sed with LV8 white magic.

equip everyone except sed with MP UP skills

1st turn have sarah (or lowest HP) cast double reflect on sarah and sed.

2nd turn have seth, ming and sarah cast refelct then flare on kaim, ming and seth. kaim have double reversa and sed used gamble or reversa depending on his HP.

then from there have sarah refresh everyones reflect when needed if not use reversa.

this was since sarah being my lowest hp which was around 4k hp so it would make sense to use her for buffs

my levels was something like,

kaim LV72 (max HP)

seth LV57 (about 7-8k HP)

sed LV72 (about 5-6k HP with HP UP 3)

ming LV72 (about 5-6k HP)

sarah LV57 (about 3-5k HP)

this took about 5-7 turns i wasnt really counting just glad its over with!

Congrats and wow, those levels are quite low for that boss :o

thanks they were lower against the immortal which i had no problems on but i did on the guard and dog battle but this game is now all over and done with thanks to the guides especialy treasure trove... dont think anyone could achieve that with out a guide.

Edited by Tishan Tom