How i beat endless (Guide)

AdHominem

After exactly 38min ago i finished endless mode ! :woop: here are a quick guide for everyone who reads it. ;)

First of all, Bejeweled is a bitch. if you don't treat her well, she will piss you off! :)

1. Play endless mode FIRST! Theres a glitch that will unlock Multi Mode after you finish 280 Levels, BUT IT WILL NOT UNLOCK ENDLESS MODE. thats because only one achievement unlocks at a time.

if endless is the last of your 4 classic modes, you're screwed (you have to reach 280 TWICE !!!)...

2. dont look at your level counter. its better to look at the score counter. Level 281 is about ~60.000.000 points.

3. ALWAYS play offline !! if you are online and your xbox disconnects ingame, your save file will be corrupt and you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

personally, i plugged out my network cabel and shut down all my computers. (i have only eyes for my Bejeweled bitch ;)

4. The first 170 ~ 200 Levels you can listen to podcasts or watch TV. my favorite was the major nelson show (and some german gaming podcast). i played it over the xbox guide. After level 200 it is too risky. plug in your mp3 player (or walkman ;) instead.

if you accidentally press the wrong button in the guide music player, you will switch to the Dashboard... and that means ---> save corrupt, start all over again! (i did this @Level 87 :(

5. i always played at night. this way no younger sister or other family members turn off your xbox by Accident. if you cant play at night, maybe in the afternoon (8pm - 11pm). i played from 10pm to 5am and came from Level 275 to 281.

and yes, your goal is to complete the jewel pattern in the left upper corner. :Bounce:

last thing: hang in there! it is boring as hell, and it will break your mind. but if you listen to podcast or watch TV you can make it !!

the last few days i managed to get 2.000.000 points a day !! if you do that for 30 days, it will be over !! ;)

now i go to bed

PS: sry for my english, but its late and seriously... WHO CARES! :drunk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made a copy of my save and put it on my computer just now. I'm at level 184, and I will continue to back my save every 5 levels or so. I plan to make a save when I get to level 278, so when my achievement glitches at level 280, I can delete my game save and hopefully unlock the endless achievement when I get to level 280 a second time.

so you are saying that we can get the achievement before reaching level 280? The score matters not the level? As soon as we hit 60,000,000 points (by doing huge combos) we get the achievement?

After exactly 38min ago i finished endless mode ! :woop: here are a quick guide for everyone who reads it. ;)

First of all, Bejeweled is a bitch. if you don't treat her well, she will piss you off! :)

1. Play endless mode FIRST! Theres a glitch that will unlock Multi Mode after you finish 280 Levels, BUT IT WILL NOT UNLOCK ENDLESS MODE. thats because only one achievement unlocks at a time.

if endless is the last of your 4 classic modes, you're screwed (you have to reach 280 TWICE !!!)...

2. dont look at your level counter. its better to look at the score counter. Level 281 is about ~60.000.000 points.

3. ALWAYS play offline !! if you are online and your xbox disconnects ingame, your save file will be corrupt and you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

personally, i plugged out my network cabel and shut down all my computers. (i have only eyes for my Bejeweled bitch ;)

4. The first 170 ~ 200 Levels you can listen to podcasts or watch TV. my favorite was the major nelson show (and some german gaming podcast). i played it over the xbox guide. After level 200 it is too risky. plug in your mp3 player (or walkman ;) instead.

if you accidentally press the wrong button in the guide music player, you will switch to the Dashboard... and that means ---> save corrupt, start all over again! (i did this @Level 87 :(

5. i always played at night. this way no younger sister or other family members turn off your xbox by Accident. if you cant play at night, maybe in the afternoon (8pm - 11pm). i played from 10pm to 5am and came from Level 275 to 281.

and yes, your goal is to complete the jewel pattern in the left upper corner. :Bounce:

last thing: hang in there! it is boring as hell, and it will break your mind. but if you listen to podcast or watch TV you can make it !!

the last few days i managed to get 2.000.000 points a day !! if you do that for 30 days, it will be over !! ;)

now i go to bed

PS: sry for my english, but its late and seriously... WHO CARES! :drunk

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the misunderstanding, you get the Achievement at LEVEL 281 (at this point you have done 280 Levels)

you will not get the Cheevo at 60,000 points, its only some kind of % to see how far you need to play. Because the Levels give you no idea how far you have gotten. (Level 140 IS NOT HALF TIME :)

If you plan to make a copy of your save, im sorry, its not possible. The savegame can not be copied, only moved.

and i dont want to use illegal savegame hardware etc. you can be banned because of this stuff.

Just got Endless last night. Ugh, that was a long haul. According to the leaderboard, I was 17 seconds short of exactly 200 hours. I did disconnect from XBL once and somehow didn't lose my save. Perhaps recent Dashboard updates have made the backend more robust. Still, some good tips here to make the journey safer.

I did go over 60 million by a bit, but it's a good rule of thumb for your progress. Each level takes approximately 1500 points more than the previous, making level 280 take 280 times longer than level 1. You are in essence doing the first level 39,340 times. (The sum of 1 to 280 = 280*281/2 = 39,340.)

If you want to estimate when you'll be a certain percentage done, multiple 280 by the square root of the percentage. For example,

sqrt ( .5 ) * 280 = 198 approximately, 50% done

sqrt ( .75) * 280 = 242 approximately, 75% done

Now on to Action and Classic. I have heard of the MultiMode glitch occurring for Action or Classic also. That is, the person gets the MultiMode achievement, but not their last 10 pointer, be it Action or Classic.

I can't recall where I read it, but I saw advice to not dismiss the achievement congrats screen until you get both MultiMode and the gametype achievement unlocked. So be careful not to press A when you go from level 17 to 18 in Classic, for example.

If you plan to make a copy of your save, im sorry, its not possible. The savegame can not be copied, only moved.

You can move the save from the HDD to an USB drive, then you copy the save from the USB to your PC and you backup it there. That's what I am doing and it's working just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Some days ago i finished Action Mode and got the 2 Cheevos (first for Action, second for MultiMode). After some minutes i got the finity (was on the run at that night -lol).

But NOW, this freakin Hyper Mode... everything is so fast, i needed 2 days to get warm with this mode. now i come to level 5 and maybe 6... but its definitly too hard after level 6.

if i get that last cheevos, i will NEVER EVER touch a popcap game again. No Sir!

• 2 months later...

ok, maybe there is a misunderstanding. maybe because english is not my mother language.

i never wanted to say something about that YOU modded anything. all i wanted to say is that there are some "tools" helping you to backup your savegame. i believe its called "modio".

Now i want to end this discussion. Neither both of us ever modded ANYTHING, so back to topic. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...