Achievement Discussion

Shiftie

Bit dissapointed with the achievements actually. I wanted them to be a little more difficult or thought provoking, inventive. Like 'Perform a single combo that uses 3 or 4 methods of tagging'. Sounds difficult at first, but its not if you think about it closely.. Or 'Complete all Fight Lab chapters with an S rank' even. 'Perform 5 team specific tag combinations' that would at least make you want to explore more the characters relationships. 'Perform a Tag Assault combination with your buddy that does over 72 damage using pair-play' Stuff like that would go some way to make the game be approached more with some thought or intelligence rather than mash a quick 1000 and get rid of the game because theres nothing left. I hope Harada-san considers adding a trial mode DLC. I'd like to see some trials with some JFSR/EWGF's Like Tekken 6 had (kind of). At least you would kind of get to see a lot of the elements in the game that you don't notice are there. On the plus side though, this being easier means i will spend more time in the practice/online than dealing with these tasks.

Edited by SUBJECT BK201
meh.

• 2 weeks later...
cheevos for this seem alot easier then that of tekken 6.

but hey long as nancy not in tag2...Happy days!

(shakes fist at screen) damn you nancy!!! you stopped me from 100%

Probably late for this quick tip buuuut.

If you use Law the fight is kinda easy. Just flip kick and repeat.

Some tips for people when they get their hands on the game:

When going for money (stuff kind of costs alot in the game on a per character basis), some of the quicker methods i have found involve playing arcade mode (i played on default settings with my main team). One run there yields over 2,000,000 (you get 2mil for completing the game on top of what you earn through the battles.

EDIT: Correction, you're only getting that 2 million the first time through arcade mode, you will not recieve it using the same team again.

Fight Labs' stage 5 Boss Battle can net you around 200,000-260,000G and its pretty easy to S rank if you have a good choice of moves (you only really need no more than 6 to achieve that. However, depending on the moves you use to complete the stage will affect how much development points you can earn. Weaker moves in your juggle = more dev. points. Using more damaging moves will just let you finish the stage quicker at the cost of less dev. points but yielding a little more gold. This battle can be finished in as little as 70 seconds. Averaging about 230,000G + 50,000DP every 80 seconds.

Ghost battle is the place to be to unlock the character specific customize items. You can average around 44,000-52,000G per fight. You can also unlock ending movies this way too. After a while you will notice a gold title on the opponent selection, picking this and winning the battle will give you 1-2 customize items, character panel (depending on your rank) and an ending movie. I've unlocked around 15 movies on my main profile and i've not played arcade mode once yet.

Edited by SUBJECT BK201
correction.

Has anyone figured out a "Great" combo?

Yea, perform a special tag specific combo

Character will have blue sparks during special combos

Here a few

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC3j2iOuEas]Tekken Tag 2 - Secret Tag Moves and Combos - YouTube[/ame]

Jin/Devil jin

Special tag in: ub+5

Special combo: Jin Omen 1+2~5, Devil Jin 2~U, 3, Jin 2

(auto switch of character and no tag input required)

(character will perform special move with simple input, no extra directional input required)

Jack6/Bryan

Special combo: Jack6 d+1+2~5, 2 (auto connect to fisherman slam)

Alisa/Xiaoyu

Special combo: Alisa ff+4~5 (xiaoyu will auto followup)

Jin/Asuka

Special combo: Jin b+1+2(on hit)~5, Asuka 2, Jin 3, Asuka 1+2

(character will perform special move with simple input, no extra directional input required)

Anna/Nina

Special winning pose

Special combo: Nina hcf,DB+2+3~5, Anna 1+2, Nina 3+4, Anna 2+3

Hwoarang/Baek

Special combo: Baek u+3+4~5, hwoarang 3,4,3, df+3+4 then baek auto take over, no tag input required (edited)

Law/Paul

Special combo: Law f+2~1~5, paul 2,2, law 1

(auto switch of character, no tag input required)

Kazuya/Jinpachi

Special combo: Kazuya ws+2~5, Jinpachi 1,1,2, Kazuya 2 > 1

(auto switch of character, no tag input required)

Edited by bedulus

Anyone know how to get the "Dance To Your Own Beat" achievement? I've tried changing music from a stage a couple of times and it doesn't unlock. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?

Do you have any music on your hard drive? If not , put a song or two on it and go back to Tekken tunes. Pick a stage, switch to your original music library and choose a song for that stage.

As for the "Tekken Black Belt" achievement, I achieved 1st dan, but didnt get the achievement. It did unlock after I had won a match while as a 1st dan. I'm guessing that it will also unlock if you win your 1st kyu to 1st dan promotion match (can anybody confirm this?).

Do you have any music on your hard drive? If not , put a song or two on it and go back to Tekken tunes. Pick a stage, switch to your original music library and choose a song for that stage.

As for the "Tekken Black Belt" achievement, I achieved 1st dan, but didnt get the achievement. It did unlock after I had won a match while as a 1st dan. I'm guessing that it will also unlock if you win your 1st kyu to 1st dan promotion match (can anybody confirm this?).

So that's how it works? Let me try it out...

Update: It works! The thing is, after doing what you told me to do, it's important to make sure to exit out of the mode completely. Once I did that, the achievement unlocked. Thank you!

Edited by MM2313

Can this be boosted? I wish to do this.. Message me i'm online right now

Gamertag: xN1Sx Mr1721

Don't think you can boost in ranked matches for the achievement to get to 1st Dan. It only takes around 10 wins to get to 1st Dan anyway. If you're having trouble give it a few days until all the better players have moved up in the ranks. Also, before you search, choose the option to only play people +/- 3 ranks.

Don't think you can boost in ranked matches for the achievement to get to 1st Dan. It only takes around 10 wins to get to 1st Dan anyway. If you're having trouble give it a few days until all the better players have moved up in the ranks. Also, before you search, choose the option to only play people +/- 3 ranks.

You can also keep playing and you'll eventually get to 1st dan. I was 4-26 when i got it (I suck at fighting games, but I love them so much, lol).