Songs That Don't Deserve Their Difficulty Rating

SpiralGamerpro

I remember when I was glad that Llama was all devil-tier because it deserved it unlike Painkiller. I have to say, Llama really isn't that bad after all. I think it should be more like this:

Guitar XXXXX

Bass OOOOO

Drums XXXXX

Keys OOOOO

Vocals OOO

I think the reason that some of the things are tiered strangely is because Harmonix takes the 12 hardest songs, and just makes them Devil-tier (Tier 6). That's what I've read, anyway.

byob on guitar STILL needs to be 7th tier

constant motion on guitar 7th tier

magic bus on vocals and drums 7 tier

antiboties on guitar (maybe 5th tier?)

llama on bass (6th tier?). also vocals could MAYBE be moved to 6th tier.

the killing moon on bass (at least 6th tier, 7th for FCing)

gimme shelter on vocals NEEDS to be 7th tier.

foreplay longtime on drums should be 6th tier.

no one knows on drums should be like 4th.

smoke on the water on drums should be like 4th.

idk those are the only ones i can think of off the top of my head.

Something Bigger, Something brighter (or whatever that song is called my Pretty Girls) doesn't seem to warrant the demon rating on guitar. Maybe 5 dots if you are trying to play it with proper hammers.

Llama on Vocals is way too high.

One the lower difficulties on Pro Keys, a lot of the ratings seem all over the place. Strange chords thrown in on two dots that you would expect to see on 5 dot songs and such.

Definitely agree with Antibodies and Jerry was a Race Car Driver, too.

Guitar Solo 1.

Bass mimics guitars fast strumming patterns occasionally, and is the LOWEST ranked Impossible song on Bass.

Drum intro, constant triple kicks, drum outro.

Holding "-er" for, liek, 20 seconds.

That was my mistake, I wasn't implying that Painkiller as a whole is over-tiered, mostly just bass. IMO, bass should be 4, maybe 5. The only difficult part is the strumming part that occurs twice that you mentioned.

byob on guitar STILL needs to be 7th tier

constant motion on guitar 7th tier

magic bus on vocals and drums 7 tier

antiboties on guitar (maybe 5th tier?)

llama on bass (6th tier?). also vocals could MAYBE be moved to 6th tier.

the killing moon on bass (at least 6th tier, 7th for FCing)

gimme shelter on vocals NEEDS to be 7th tier.

foreplay longtime on drums should be 6th tier.

no one knows on drums should be like 4th.

smoke on the water on drums should be like 4th.

idk those are the only ones i can think of off the top of my head.

I think we're talking just on-disc songs here.

I think we're talking just on-disc songs here.

does it matter? their difficulty ratings on rb1, rb2 and rb3 are still horrible even when transfered over to the newer game. they made a lot of ratings worse (magic bus, for example) when making rb3.

and nobody said the songs HAD to be on disc...

You know why the disc tiering's are horrible? Because for some reason, Harmonix thinks it's a good idea to have a certain number of songs in each tier. This means stuff like Power of Love guitar, which would normally be a four dot at most, get's pushed into nightmare to fill the gap. Basically, it's better to trust your instincts on how difficult a song is rather trust the tierings HMX has given.

I mean, look at Anti-bodies, it's two dots on guitar and most people are grumbling because they can't five star it.

Packet Flier on Guitar and Drums got bumped to Nightmare tier because... well, I guess someone got lazy in rating the songs so it was at the lowest end of the Impossible songs... well now since the boundaries have shifted, it's in Nightmare.

And if ANYONE has seen that chart on drums... whoo...

YouTube - Rock Band Network: Packet Flier 5*/127k/OMG THIS IS HARD

That, my friend, is what has happened to EVERY song from the RBN. Devil tiers are non-existant on any of the RBN songs for some reason, meaning some of the ridiculous songs from the network have been bumped down. Preposterous, of course. Packet Flier is a perfect example of how stupid it is.

And I bet you are some kind of pianist or something, right? Are you the classic 10 year old prodigy with a stingy grandma/mom who made you learn?

Killing Loneliness is tier six (five dots) on guitar; I feel it should be tier three, at the very most. I must be some kind of professional guitarist who picked up my first six-string at the age of four, because songs are always assigned to the appropriate difficulty.

.....what?

Just because someone finds a song easier than Harmonix' tiering (not a word) would lead you to believe doesn't mean anything. Unless you were being funny and that post was just a joke (and sarcasm doesn't really translate well over the Internet), I don't see how Spiral must be some kind of piano virtuoso because he found Llama to be so much easier than the difficulty rating says.

EDIT: Feel the need to clarify that when I use the term "piano virtuoso," it's not to be taken literally.

Edited by mikachu93