Where is the Alien Breed community?

UCB Disco

I haven't purchased this game, but after playing the first one, I'm really convinced to play Episodes 2 and 3 now. However, I just now jumped into the Episode 3 forums here, and there is nothing but one post about Avatar Awards and nothing else. What's up with this? Are people not playing these games? If so, it's very unfortunate, because if 2 and 3 are anything like Episode 1, then this might be the best trilogy on the XBLA.

I haven't purchased this game, but after playing the first one, I'm really convinced to play Episodes 2 and 3 now. However, I just now jumped into the Episode 3 forums here, and there is nothing but one post about Avatar Awards and nothing else. What's up with this? Are people not playing these games? If so, it's very unfortunate, because if 2 and 3 are anything like Episode 1, then this might be the best trilogy on the XBLA.

I agree 100% with you Ive played the first 2 and currently playing the 3rd and I think that it is a great series.

also if you liked the 1st you will love the 2nd and 3rd ^^b

However, I just now jumped into the Episode 3 forums here, and there is nothing but one post about Avatar Awards and nothing else. What's up with this? Are people not playing these games? If so, it's very unfortunate, because if 2 and 3 are anything like Episode 1, then this might be the best trilogy on the XBLA.

Well you can simply answer this question all by yourself. Cause AT THIS TIME most people (like myself) are way to busy with other games out there, like New Vegas, Fable III, Two Worlds, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, CoD-Black Ops (only to mention a few).

I've only maxed out Alien Breed 2. Looking forward to play Episode 3 IF THERE IS SPACE LEFT due to those bigger games. ;)

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Unfortnately, I can't agree with the "awesome" series posts above, and it's great that you guys really love it, but clearly the game hasn't built up a massive fan base, and the average player is not buying these games. I sit somewhere in the middle, mostly enjoyed them, but couldn't say they were awesome, though.

I bought the first game, reasonably enjoyed it, but it was pretty average. Objectives were a slog, it got very repetitive very quickly, the save system sucked a little. I think the basics were there, but it had no flair, nothing truly special about it. The comic style cutscenes are boring, and the lack of voice acting, having to read those little lines is tedious.

That may be a bit overly negative perhaps, but on the whole I thought it was a game I didn't mind playing, but nothing special. I read that Alien Breed 2 had taken on board these criticisms, and changed accordingly.

And while I'd say that AB2 is a far superior game to AB1 (I have in fact just finished playing it) it still felt a little bit like a slog, mostly because the objectives are so boring. A little bit of puzzling would go a long way to relieve the fetch key card mission structure. But AB2 is a much better game, and having just played the final level, it is the best part of those two games - really going out on a high!

Sadly, despite buying the first two, I've decided not to get this third, because I don't feel they were good enough, despite the occasional good moments. I will probably wait for it to become deal of the week, before I decide to buy this last episode.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Nobody is ever in the lobby.

That's because this game has lost out to bigger title games with awesome mmo's dragging in thousands of gamers with they're wallets in tow, not to say this trilogy game is not worth it, it is, but alot gamers didn't want to pay the normal price thinking they'd wait for DOTW/trilogy disk, this has left us with a small comunity of gamers who did buy these games when they came out, to dwindle as they completed they're game and shelve it and with the fact that there was only a guide for the first episode(until now), there wasn't enough motivation for gamers to buy them.

Don't worry if you can't find someone online to play with, all the Co-op achievements can be unlocked offline with a second controler in local play.