Veteran Map Pack DLC Achievement Guide

Matt Jo

For the Arnold achievement someone mentioned the black binders on all the shelves in the vault, but I think it would be a good idea to mention that each section of the binders can be shot twice, once to scatter the majority of them from the shelf, and again to clear the remaining few.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gun did you use? Did you just stick to one side? Coz I found that I move way too slow to move around too much, but my ally keeps moving around :S

I used a fully upgraded PKM. The trick to the back-to-back is you have to pay attention to the side you start off on. Once the camera pans around you and stops, stay facing that direction and kill everyone that comes out. There is a 2-3 sec pause between when the NPCs die and when they come out of the doorway so stay on your side until those guys are gone. Then when they are gone move to your right until you see more enemies and do the same thing as I said above. Eventually you'll come out of it. Don't worry about trying to take down your allies side because you WILL die in the process.

Hi,

We just finished the back to back after maybe 50+ attempts. Maybe this could be in the guide?:

Player 1:

Aim quickly on the first enemy coming through the door and take him out (position 1).

Aim up on the guy at first floor, just above "position 1" and take him out (position 2).

Then down again, "position 1". Stay there and take the next enemy out quickly. -So 2 enemies come out of this door.

Go up to "position 2" again.

Then "position 1". Then turn to the right and take out the enemy on the first floor (position 3). From here, go down below "position 3" to the enemy who ran through the door (position 4).

Then "position 2".

From there you just turn right and help player 2.

Player 2:

From starting position: Aim up, shoot the first enemy running in (position 1).

Next go to the left on ground floor and shoot the enemy coming through the door (position 2).

Repeat this pattern 4 times (so 8 different enemies in total). After this, help Player 1 to take out the last enemies - especially to your left, on the first floor.

Remember that the first enemy must be taken out quickly so he doesn't have time to hide behind the covers. You can use the aim button to ensure this result.

If you get the "feign death" button, press it quickly. The ideal situation is that one player is down, and the other one is feigning. The player who's down must now take out as many as possible (in our case, there was only one left). This is difficult as your screen is getting very dark - aim for the enemy health indicators. The feigning player should get up, and heal the other player without dragging him/her.

We both had "Felin-2C" fully upgraded (except the silencers).

Good luck. We've completed many games on the highest difficulty but this scene took the cake.

:uzi:

Regards, and hope it helps someone,

"asgerfv" & "DutteMuzen" :Bounce:

Edited by asgerfv
Added weapons used

I used a fully upgraded PKM. The trick to the back-to-back is you have to pay attention to the side you start off on. Once the camera pans around you and stops, stay facing that direction and kill everyone that comes out. There is a 2-3 sec pause between when the NPCs die and when they come out of the doorway so stay on your side until those guys are gone. Then when they are gone move to your right until you see more enemies and do the same thing as I said above. Eventually you'll come out of it. Don't worry about trying to take down your allies side because you WILL die in the process.

It's not so much the back to back it's when we get out of it we've taken so much damage that one bullet kills us.

Thanks for the help though, i'll continue to try with my friend.

Hi,

We just finished the back to back after maybe 50+ attempts. Maybe this could be in the guide?:

Player 1:

Aim quickly on the first enemy coming through the door and take him out (position 1).

Aim up on the guy at first floor, just above "position 1" and take him out (position 2).

Then down again, "position 1". Stay there and take the next enemy out quickly. -So 2 enemies come out of this door.

Go up to "position 2" again.

Then "position 1". Then turn to the right and take out the enemy on the first floor (position 3). From here, go down below "position 3" to the enemy who ran through the door (position 4).

Then "position 2".

From there you just turn right and help player 2.

Player 2:

From starting position: Aim up, shoot the first enemy running in (position 1).

Next go to the left on ground floor and shoot the enemy coming through the door (position 2).

Repeat this pattern 4 times (so 8 different enemies in total). After this, help Player 1 to take out the last enemies - especially to your left, on the first floor.

Remember that the first enemy must be taken out quickly so he doesn't have time to hide behind the covers. You can use the aim button to ensure this result.

If you get the "feign death" button, press it quickly. The ideal situation is that one player is down, and the other one is feigning. The player who's down must now take out as many as possible (in our case, there was only one left). This is difficult as your screen is getting very dark - aim for the enemy health indicators. The feigning player should get up, and heal the other player without dragging him/her.

We both had "Felin-2C" fully upgraded (except the silencers).

Good luck. We've completed many games on the highest difficulty but this scene took the cake.

:uzi:

Regards, and hope it helps someone,

"asgerfv" & "DutteMuzen" :Bounce:

Thanks man!

Great post considering it's your first! :uzi:

This WORKS guys, seriously as soon as I tried this (on solo) I finished it, on professional too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't see how it's possible, considering there's no way to change the difficulty on the fly like that. I mean, you could try quitting after a checkpoint and then reloading into Recruit; beat back2back and quit out after next checkpoint to reload back to Professional. I have my doubts.

After 15+ tries just now, got past back2back w/fully upgraded M249 Saw (EDIT:Thought it was originally PKM, but now that I'm looking at equipped weapons, it was the Saw). I killed all guys on my side and had to swing over to allied cpu side to kill the last remaining peeps he had, but managed it.

Just glad it's over. That was fuckin' hard.

Edited by StumblesMcGee

for this achievement i was gonna do with friend but decided to try myself and if you get the mgl mk-x you can solo the achievement on recruit really easily.

get to the end of the level to the part where you have to kill dalton then quit equip a mg mk-x and a m107 light fifty. Campaign, recruit watch the cutscene aggresive hold your partner and fire slightly ahead of where dalton is standing so the shots impact him and he will go down in like 10 seconds. then when he jumps down take a few steps to the left pull out your m107 light fifty and nail him 2 headshots.

like i said really easy

longdillon1

lol level 7 on profesional hard? no offence but it was actually fairly easy.

all you have to do is upgrade pkm and spray almost non stop where the guys come out

you try killing dalton solo with a retarded ally that drags you into the open when you get downed =/ or doing some of cod4's or cod3's levels on veteran

Well, I dont know if I am a lucky one but I did the dalton one in about 10 minutes by myself! I blasted him with the ak and ran to the middle so I could aim better and put my ai partner on agro mode. Then I shot him twice in the head and he died. Relatively easy but a bitch at the same time. But it is done. WOO HOO!

• 1 month later...