No Rest For The Living whooped me, but I FINALLY won!

Mr. Allen

Congrats Mr. Allen did you do it on Ultra Violence or easy? i ran through most of it on easy to get the marine suit but haven't managed to get past level 5 on Ultra Violence :(

If the part you're stuck on is the monster spam after grabbing the red key, the easiest way to do it is to run outside where the soulsphere is (passing through the hallway into the red key room triggers a door at the beginning of the level; it's on a timer, so be quick). Infighting will take out almost everything, and then it's simple enough to mop up the leftovers.

Good way to save ammo, too, especially since there is no backpack until level 8. :)

It was a bit tough for me too, but I somehow managed it pretty easily, plus I know a lot about Doom so I was ready to go the minute I downloaded it.

On one of the levels, I believe it is Inferno of Blood, I took sooooo long, this is what the game said my time was, see for yourself:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7840/timesucks.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
how many maps are in that one?

9 (8 + the secret one)

And congrats on completing it. Ultra Violent is deffinatly the way to go on Doom, its one of my favourite achievements.

If you've got some time spare there is some crazy speed runs on Nightmare that are worth watching, just check out YouTube for them.

Oh and Nevander, that is brilliant lol!

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats Mr. Allen did you do it on Ultra Violence or easy? i ran through most of it on easy to get the marine suit but haven't managed to get past level 5 on Ultra Violence :(

Vivisection? That level was insane.

After you grab the red key, try and make your way to the tunnel in the Northeast Corner, and then hold out there and give em all you've got. You'll have a nice bottleneck to work with, which will almost always cause some infighting, and you'll have a straight shot to hurl your rockets into a room full of baddies. After that, it's pretty much a cake walk. There's like one more Baron, and several more Mancubi, but other then that, you're pretty much good.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...