Any other fable fans feeling betrayed?

gandalf

I have been a hardcore fable fan since fable 1. I played all the games and all the dlc I did every quest and every easter egg and everything all the games had to offer and I loved it all. I mean fable 3 did feel a little less like an RPG than the others but it was still good but fable the journey is like a slap in the face. It's nothing like fable should be and I feel like lionhead is just jumping on the kinect bandwagon for moneys sake rather than for us the players. Bad as this game looks I would still give it a try if it weren't for the kinect which I won't buy just for this game.

Yeah I feel betray, I never played the first one been trying to find it for a reasonable price but cheapest I found was over £30. bought the second and all the dlc loved it. preorder 3rd and got collecter edition, was disappointed but still bought dlc.

and now they do this! I thought they would make up for there mistake but they decided to keep coming instead of trying to dig there way out of the hole they made they decided to dig down in hope of buried treasure..

• 3 weeks later...

I feel betrayed as well. I have been a fan of the series since the beginning. PM has made promises, not fulfilled them. I have still stuck by the game series. Even with some horrible glitches that occurred in 2 and 3 I have looked past them and now they pull this crap. If this was Fable 4 and actually looked good I would buy it but until Fable 4 comes out I guess I am done with the series.

• 1 month later...
Yeah I feel betray, I never played the first one been trying to find it for a reasonable price but cheapest I found was over £30. bought the second and all the dlc loved it. preorder 3rd and got collecter edition, was disappointed but still bought dlc.

and now they do this! I thought they would make up for there mistake but they decided to keep coming instead of trying to dig there way out of the hole they made they decided to dig down in hope of buried treasure..

I never had the original xbox either, so I played it immediately before Fable 2.(Though I bought 2 first.) Unless your an avid collector of the series, you should do what I did and buy it from xbox originals.

Anyways hopefully their next main game doesn't have kinect at all, but it's becoming more and more likely it will at least have kinect features.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've also played all the fable series and have been very disappointed by fable 3 but it was playable and after a while it stopped bothering me that it was so different from the others. After seeing the trailer for the forth, I don't think I'll even give it a try. Looks like a waste of money

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed all the Fable games. Far from perfect, but very fun in all. Fable the Journey isn't your typical Fable game. You arn't the hero from the beginning. It's one characters adventure in a world we've known and loved.

Being able to explore Albion in a new way will be a fun experience. A new story to sink into. For any fan of the series who already has a kinect its at least worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is happening to much for me when it comes to games. The first one is really amazing and you think finally something great has been made and then they start screwing it up. For me like AC the first two were amazing just like the first two Fables and then they added MP to AC and start shipping them out every year. Same crap new story! It's like they forget about what the fans enjoy but they don't care and change what they want.

Even Fable 3 story sucked because you knew what was gonna happen and basically how it was gonna end. It's like no thought even went into Fable 3 they were more concerned about getting money. Molyneux even said he didn't wanna create new weapons for Fable 3 but make the weapons evolve, to me that is laziness.

Yeah I feel betrayed!

• 3 weeks later...

I love how people base their opinion off of....what exactly. You have not played the game. How about you give the game a chance. Also, this is not continueation of the Fable series. It is not that, it is not Fable 4, it is a 'spin-off', a game set in the Fable universe. That is like saying I hate Star Wars now because of Force Unlesashed is about a new jedi and story arch, or I am betrayed by Halo because Halo Wars is an RTS. Just silly.

Fable has the recent spin off arcade title, fable coin golf on windows phones, and now a kinect title. Hold your dissapointment until the next fable in the 'series' is released on the next xbox. Then after you 'play it' you can complain. :woop:

Edited by MastrMeatWad

Why would you feel betrayed? Its not like fable is kinect only now... fable 4 is still coming out. This was just a side game. Besides this is the best kinect game to date.

Truly, my friend.

After playing it for 2 hours, I can say it´s the best kinect title so far, speaking of kinect controls.

At least the best I´ve played.

Truly, my friend.

After playing it for 2 hours, I can say it´s the best kinect title so far, speaking of kinect controls.

At least the best I´ve played.

I wouldn't say it was the best Kinect game so far, I've had lots and lots of fun with both K-Sports titles, The Gunstringer & Eden.

But I've been playing this for over 6 hours now and it's still going which no other campagn based Kinect game can claim.

Did have a few sensor problems at the start, until I ditched the couch and sat on a dining chair. This has all but elimiated any initial problems the Kinect had with seeing my movements.

As for feeling betrayed, Fable III did that for me, the whole second half of that was just crap. Sitting around waiting for the rent to come in so I had enough gold to bail out the kingdom - Lame.

I'll reserve judgement on Journey until I've finished it, but all the concerns I had about the control system not cutting the mustard are all gone now I've played it.

I don't feel betrayed, especially because it's nice to see them putting out an original idea for fable. after a while all the story lines became way too predictable, and besides a new hero and bigger cities, it was the same game over and over. This is entirely original gameplay and storyline put together.

It's a great Kinect title that has great controls. It is by far one of the better games that is not a Sports based title. It is a great Kinect title so feeling betrayed by this game is like, as another post put it, like comparing Halo Wars to Halo. It is a spin off of a great franchise but not in line with the same franchise. Feel free to critique but don't hate simply because it is a Kinect title.