Your thoughts on beta

SlySi1976

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

multiplayer is boring - just a standard FPS shooter like others have said. For me it is all about the campaign.

First thing I noticed about this however was what low res the graphics/ textures are. The trees/ bushes - anything 'green' looks horrible. Anyone else notice this? It also feels worse than Crysis 2... I'm going to try Crysis 2 again and see what I think but this has gone from being a definite day 1 purchase to a 'maybe'

I've played and completed Crysis 1 and 2 both on xbox, after playing the Beta this is what I got out of it..

First off it plays a hell of alot better than the crysis 2 MP beta lag issues weren't really there at all, hit detection is better and there's been no crashing or menu volume issues.

It plays the same as crysis 2 I do like the different kill streaks however and the maps are ok nothing amazing imo.

Graphics are just par a few times my iron sight textures didn't load and that's fine it's a beta, but remember any ad for this game is solely going to show PC graphics NOT console.

All in all it feels like a 2.5 not a 3 the hunter mode is honestly a little benign, I think it would be more fun if only you were the hunter as opposed to everyone you kill turning to a hunter. Once you kill 2 or 3 Cell it becomes very imbalanced and it's a mad dash to find your next victim.

Am I the only one that thinks the Bow is overpowered? It's an instant kill even if you tap the RT, I think you should have to hold it to charge it.

And I agree with Chach, Hunter does get crazy after you've taken out half the team. But it's still great fun to sit back with the Bow and pick them off and watch them freak out.

finally figured out how to mark and it's more sillier than ever.

Press up on the D-pad to pull out the binoculars

THEN press the back button.

Feeling like there's a big delay between me actually pressing back and the marking of the enemy occuring.

When I exit binoculars after marking I end up holding my gun out in front of me like I want to change the attachments. I don't, but I can see why this is happen since both tag and change attachments are both on the back button.

Museum just looks ugly.

It does. you use the melee button to activate it. It drops down and causes a shockwave around it.

I don't feel the pinger is OP since it's cumbersome as fuck to manoeuvre and rotating the turret is sloooooooow.

After piloting the Pinger myself, i can say that it is flimsier than Halo vehicles (halo vehicles are constructed from recycled cardboard), It is only good for downing gunships and people dim enough to run around in the open without cloaking.

Also it is cumbersome; the tight, small maps in the beta don't give it many chances to shine.

More things I noticed:

- Hunter rounds are too short, 2 minutes waaat?! >.>

- The HUD is flipping tiny (w/o HD)

- Death animations are bugged, because beta.

- Kill cams are about as inaccurate as the ones in Halo 4, but at least they work every time.

- I have experienced freezing , but only when i am the last dead guy.

- You will sometimes "auto-melee" when hostiles approach you.

Edited by Cann0nSen5ei

You guys are probably going to have to wait for the on-disc texture pack. I downloaded it on PC and it was 3.4gb as opposed to 1.4 on console. It obviously looks amazing on PC and takes a lot to run smoothly. I'd wait to reserve judgement on it until you get the full retail copy.

Battlefield 3 Beta looked like shit and even the retail version does if you don't install the texture pack.

You guys are probably going to have to wait for the on-disc texture pack. I downloaded it on PC and it was 3.4gb as opposed to 1.4 on console. It obviously looks amazing on PC and takes a lot to run smoothly. I'd wait to reserve judgement on it until you get the full retail copy.

Battlefield 3 Beta looked like shit and even the retail version does if you don't install the texture pack.

My friend couldn't even download the Beta cause he has to update his graphics card, lol. Said it would cost him around $300 or so to do so :p sucks for him.

That is true. If you want the proper experience it will cost you. I have GTX 670's in SLi and the game is a meany. This game should of come out on next-gen but it is what it is. Even the rumored next-gen specs wouldn't of handled this game on max.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO3HZfibCzs]Crysis 3 MP Beta Gameplay (PC) - YouTube[/ame]

There is a video for anybody interested. (mine of course)

Edited by A Medium Bear

Hunter mode:

Weights Training perk (No movement penalty whjen carrying a shield) for Ranger class doesn't work, every class moves the same speed when carrying the shield.

Too many bows at 20

That's 2 for each CELL soldier, 4 if you split it with the other Hunter you start with.

Three final CELL soldiers were hiding in the T-junction of the sewer pipe on the Airport map (where you spawn sometimes). I just stood at the end, drew my bow, strafed so I could shot down the tunnel, strafed back to re-draw my bow, strafed back to shoot. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. they couldn't go anywhere since the bows are a one-shot kill 70% of the time and they were pinned in which gave my teammates the ability to run down the pipe from the other direction.

Told I'm a hunter at the beginning of a round when clearly CELL

Committing suicide gives you a delayed spawn on becoming a hunter which is nice as it prevents people throwing themselves off buildings immediately to become hunters but....

being killed while AFK doesn't (I was scratching myself) doesn't result in a delayed spawn, so neither would standing still in the middle of the open I'd assume.

Loving the 80's rock guitar whirrs when you do an Assignment.

- Being in Party Chat, this applies to:

• starting the beta while in party chat
  • joining party chat while in a match
  • being in the same match as a person who is in party chat
  • accepting a party invite while the game is running.

- The host's game freezing

This is unsurprising as it is only a beta and only meant to show the new things put into the game.

finally figured out how to mark and it's more sillier than ever.

Press up on the D-pad to pull out the binoculars

THEN press the back button.

I can confirm that I was told COMPLETE BOLLOCKS.

All you have to do is look at another player through the binoculars/visor and they'll be highlighted shortly afterwards, if not cloaked.

Finally using all the gadgets and playing as the loadouts suggest I should instead of being Rambo all day.

The flashbangs are excellent, I just didn't know how excellent until I was hit with several of them. The entire screen goes white, no HUD at all. They're literally clueless. I managed to clear a Crash Site by myself against 3 opponents. They're the shit.

Finding the side arms surprising effective as well. and they're nicely balanced with the main weapons in the default loadouts too.

The Sniper gets an UZI, nice for softening them up for the big elbow.

Shotgun gets a silenced pistol so they go ninja for a few seconds.

Usually not fond of sniper rifles but I like the one in this game. It's not a one-shot kill but it's got a 10 shot clip, it's relatively rapid fire and there's none of that 'Hold LS to hold breathe' shit. Plus they give an auto-mark if you're ADS.

Loving:

The breaching, just another cool thing to do when your charging around.

Cloaking covering your item too, so you can throw invisible shields at people.

The nanosuit telling you if you've been tagged.

Only beta-isms I saw tonight were a few dead players just remain standing after they've been killed, which could be confusing.

Tossed my shield at someone headed right for me but it stopped about 2 foot in front of them and moved with them as they continued to approach me. BLACK MAGIC.

Could've sworn I was cloaked when I was killed a few times but the killcams said otherwise. Probably need to pay better attention.

You'd think I'd have some buyer's remorse after paying for this earlier today but I felt more certain about this game than ever.

MORE: Played the PS3 version the alien weapons are different. They've got the Incinerator and Bolt Sniper (Flamethrower and sniper).

Woah at the PS3 using the bumper buttons to ADS and fire. That really threw me.

I hit the options and flipped them into the 'right' configuration but when I took control of a pinger it was still L1 and R1 to fire the weapons. Stoopid.

Think the PS3 version looks uglier a bit.

Got a sweet 3 kill combo at the end of a match, but in the post-match highlights it was showing only two of them and it was fading to black in between them as if they happened minutes apart. Full rampage intact Crytek, cheers.

Edited by Hurricane Of 87

Only beta-isms I saw tonight were a few dead players just remain standing after they've been killed, which could be confusing.

Tossed my shield at someone headed right for me but it stopped about 2 foot in front of them and moved with them as they continued to approach me. BLACK MAGIC.

Could've sworn I was cloaked when I was killed a few times but the killcams said otherwise. Probably need to pay better attention.

You'd think I'd have some buyer's remorse after paying for this earlier today but I felt more certain about this game than ever.

EA can still pump out decent Shooters, i just hope it doesn't need an Online Pass for Multiplayer.(ha, as if)

The broken death animations are something that is beta exclusive, I can imagine ragdoll physics being added to dead people though. Imagine the carnage of flying dead bodies!

I did find the kill cams inaccurate (at least they work every time) hopefully they add an option to turn slowmotion off, it messes up the pace of the game.

I did come across this annoying audio glitch in the beta where the firing sound from the HMG not the mounted one would continue to happen, constantly, after a killcam with said gun.

- Being in Party Chat, this applies to:

• starting the beta while in party chat
  • joining party chat while in a match
  • being in the same match as a person who is in party chat
  • accepting a party invite while the game is running.

- The host's game freezing

This is unsurprising as it is only a beta and only meant to show the new things put into the game.

Yeah I wondered why it kept freezing on me, starting outside a party definitely works.

glad running and jumping no longer consumes suit energy. I thought it was a stupid setback in part 2 which took the super out of the suit to me. Aiming is still and issue for me, something just feels off about it. i still think a real super jump is needed to flesh out awesomeness. armor to me seems a bit too weak, whats the point if its going to take a couple more bullets. a wall run would be great too.

glad running and jumping no longer consumes suit energy. I thought it was a stupid setback in part 2 which took the super out of the suit to me. Aiming is still and issue for me, something just feels off about it. i still think a real super jump is needed to flesh out awesomeness. armor to me seems a bit too weak, whats the point if its going to take a couple more bullets.
Kicking things doesn't consume energy either. :)

If you feel a tad bit clunky, try the Maneuverability suit mod/perk; it is unlocked after a couple Suit Reboots and is also part of the preset Scout Loadout (the one with the shotgun)