Achievement Discussion

Somebody knows if the skulls deactivate some achivements?

I tryed Pillar of autum in Heroic with the "Grunt funeral" skull turned on. I did not received direct life damage (not that i've perceived) but also didn't got the achievement.

Trying again now with the same setup.

Having skulls active don't effect achievements at all. I use Bandana on almost every level. Still unlocked achievements with it active.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if you can beat half the levels on solo and half on co-op all on legendary and complete the game that way? Or does it have to be all solo or all co-op?

It doesn't matter whether or not it was completed in Solo/Co-op, as long as all levels were completed on Legendary the achievement will unlock.

Watch Out For The Little Guys is EASY as HELL once you figure out how to survive the opening of the doors at the beginning. Once you press the button to open the doors, stand directly in the middle of the doors, shotgun the Jackal in front of you and run up the ramp to the health pack and the sniper. Grab the snipe and pick off any non-Grunty enemies you can see before you drop back down. Head down the structure by crouch-jumping down from the left side. Once you get to the walkway by the ammo and stuff, grab what you want, crouch-jump to the ground and then run to the doorway to the left. After going through the hallways and taking the lift, you'll end up on the land bridge above where you started. Grenade the Wraith and then CAREFULLY jump on to the little strip of metal coming from the top of the starting structure and walk back down to the ground. Jump to your Banshee and take it from there. Otherwise it's straight forward-avoid fights where Grunts are around.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if using the infinite ammo skull affects the achievements?

Going through the campaign on legendary now. Just wanted to know if the difficulty achievement (normal,heroic,legendary) are cummalitve? That is if I beat the game on legendary setting will it unlock the heroic and normal achievements as well?

Yes it's cumulative.

Anyone know if using the infinite ammo skull affects the achievements?

Yes it's cumulative.

The Bandana Skull or any of the other skulls do not in any way affect achievements; ever since I got it I've been using it and have still collected nearly all of the achievements with it on.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I figured as much and I saw it right after posting this too. Might need to update my "never again" chievo

Both players, if you're playing co-op, can't die at all or neither of you will get the achievement.

Now the reason why 343i made it like this was probably because they wanted it to be an actual challenge rather than have people piggyback in co-op to unlock it.

This is definitely NOT true as far as ONLINE co-op is concerned.

I can confirm that it is possible for one of the co-op partners to die, and still the other one will get the achievement.

So one partner can stay behind, while the other partner clears the path. With online co-op over XBOXLive, this achievement is pretty easy.

Although I love how they threw in two level-specific achievements for each one of them, it wouldn't have taken a genius to balance them out a little more. It's particularly annoying that arguably the four hardest/most frustrating achievements on the entire list are spread among The Library and Two Betrayals, which on top of that are consecutive levels.

Something definitely went wrong with Keyes, as there is no logic in Popcorn.gif being the pick for 25G and Tying Up Loose Ends being the 'easier' challenge for 10G, as their values would suggest. While things like Wraith Hunter, I'll Be Taking That! and This One's for Jenkins! have no trouble confirming success as soon as you've met the requirements, some idiot decided to make an exception for the hardest one. It would be so much more satisfying, not to mention saving a lot of people a lot of frustration, to take out that last elite and actually knowing that you succeeded. Replaying the entire level and possibly failing again, now that's fun. Aside from those complaints though, the list is great altogether.

So I got all my terminals just fine minus one. The other day I got my last one..but I happened to be offline. So when I transfer my account back over to my other harddrive, the achievement won't save. So does that mean I need to view all the terminals again or just one? Or what..? Or is there any solution? ._.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally completed this on Legendary and managed to get the 'Never Tell Me The Odds' and 'This Side Up' Achievements on my first attempt at The Maw in years. That got the adrenaline going! I made it to the platform with three seconds left and two bars of health, thanks to the last Elite. The chump nearly killed me!

Just 'Speed Reader' left.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone cane tell me how long (approx) it'd take to whack out all the achievements on this, I started playing it last night and got 3 of them, I'm assuming it shouldn't take longer than a couple of days 'cause there's no pesky online ones

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondering if anyone cane tell me how long (approx) it'd take to whack out all the achievements on this, I started playing it last night and got 3 of them, I'm assuming it shouldn't take longer than a couple of days 'cause there's no pesky online ones

As long as you are persistent, it definitely shouldn't take more than a few days.

I finally 1000ed this game yesterday! I've had it since launch day, but I didn't want to get all of the achievements out of the way as soon as possible because I just wanted to play the game longer. But I managed to obtain all of the achievements without having to resort to using the bandanna skull. The Library was a complete mess, I ended up running through and jumping around hoping I wouldn't get killed too soon...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this thread is really big (3 pages long with my 50 posts per page setting), and using the search is not helping me. So if the question is a repeat, I apologize sincerely.

Is there any achievement at all in this game that you cannot get in co-op? Like are you forced to play in solo for any achievement at all?

I am not being lazy in asking this. Halo: Reach had a solo campaign achievement, for legendary, and I got it in the first 10 - 20 hours of the game officially releasing (you can check on my Xbox Live page). I am not lazy, I just do not buy games and pay for Xbox Live to do things solo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...