100 Point Video Walkthroughs [no longer available]

ZoopSoul

Got'em over at Youtube.com/ZoopSoul.

Didn't have a lot of time last night, so only got those three done. More to come soon, I'm still trying to get 100 on Uranus. Can't figure out what the tally's for. Beyond that, I should have the 100 Pointer vids up for every mission very soon. Please rate the vids, leave comments, etc. if you like, and spread the love to all aspiring Katamari geniuses. If they can understand the game better, they'll definitely enjoy it more.

Thanks!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome. :) Remember to throw some ratings in there, guys. I think things like this will replace guide writing and paying for strategy guides in the near future. :Bounce:

Would you guys be in favorite of video walkthroughs for cousins and/or presents, as well? I'll be finished with the 100 pointers over the weekend. Lemme know.

Wow these are really helpful.

In watching the videos, your speed appears to be a bit faster than what I'm able to achieve on screen. Is that just my imagination? Or are there ways to get going faster? It feels sluggish sometimes, even with both sticks jammed forward...

I play and think pretty fast... well, in Katamari. :) So that's likely just my years of Katamari coming through. There's no real way to go faster; I recommend studying Katamari physics. Certain items will slow you down if you're rolling an odd way. Try to keep a balanced katamari, as well. The more round it is, the easier the katamari will respond to your movements. A lot of folks just roll forward, which is a big problem. If you note when I play, I try to grab things on the sides a lot by rolling sideways. It's a pretty advanced technique and I don't even do it consciously these days, it's just second nature.

Just practice a lot and that stuff will become a lot easier. :) That's all I did. Even with my past Katamari experience, I was only scoring 20s and 30s my first time through the stages in BK (the 360's controller is off-balance with the sticks, too, which threw me off a bit). But after learning the physics of the katamari and items in this one, I was back on track.

I love that Shani run... Not as good as some of the Japanese players, but it's probably my best overall run in any Katamari game. I'm very proud of it.

I had the biggest problems with Cloud 9 and Dynaville and Seadome. Since every second counts, the problem is that all of those levels have very difficult starting locations. After playing each one 20+ times, and watching your walkthrough, a few things became apparent to me. First, getting large "clumps" of items is huge and key. For instance, grabbing the big clump of fruit from the stands in the beginning, followed by big clumps of barrels and then the seaweed/algae circles in the water got me going. Tie that off with large clumps of cars/trucks in the city, as well as small buildings and containers. Thanks to your walkthrough I learned the breakwater blocks are just gravy -- I wouldn't have even thought to go into the ocean otherwise. Combine all of that with learning how to dash properly through the water got me 100+s on all three levels. Thanks again man!