List of Songs Helpful For Getting the 'HOPO-cidal Maniac' Achievement (WiP)

Steadysphere

Surprised no one has mentioned Alive by Pearl Jam. The verses are mainly HOPO's, there's quite a few in each chorus and the ending solo has a metric shit-ton of them.

Plus it's one of the few songs I can get through most of on Expert without having the runway flashing red at me constantly. ;)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure exactly how many are in the song, but "The Way That It Shows" by Richard Thompson has a lot of HOPOs in the solo, which makes up the last half of the song (and is one of the best guitar solos in RB ever, for those that prefer variety over mind-numbing HOPO staircases.)

Of the on-disc songs, I find those already on the list to be the most fitting, along with 25 Or 6 To 4. Assuming you can do well at the solos.

Panic Attack from RB2 works pretty well too.

Blue Sky should also definitely be on the list. It has a bazillion hopo's, and it never gets boring to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Huzzah for an update!

Apologies it took me so long to update the OP, but I totally forgot about this thread, it wasn't till yesterday when someone on Xbox Live reminded me and was like ''update the freaking thread already'' and I was like ''what thead?''

Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions, most of them worked out however, someone posted videos which didn't work for me, and another posted RBN songs without a price, or an indication of how hard it is. Please remember to post RBN songs with an indication of how hard they are and their price-with main DLC, I have it all so I can roughly work out but I barely scratch the RBN surface, so have little clue about the songs.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated with Ashes to Fire and Sleepwalker, plus I've added a suggestion of my own. This song is very mild, but is basically a huge chain of Hammer-ons throughout.

She's Always a Woman (160msp)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCYBCcGKIOQ&feature=related]YouTube - She's Always a Woman - Billy Joel Expert (All Instruments) Rock Band 3 DLC[/ame]

After playing a bunch of these suggestions for the past hour, I have come up with the two best songs for a majority of players to get through without trouble:

Incubus - Dig

Freezepop - Special Effects

These two get roughly 500 each on a decent play through. Just turn on no fail mode for Freezepop since a lot of it sucks. Most of the suggestions here seem to be for the crazy people who can FC everything on expert. Heck, even "My Name is Jonas" has nearly impossible to hit HOPO's and it's set as easy in this guide. I couldn't even get 200 in that song!

This obviously won't be for everybody, but I'm damn good at most of this game on expert and been playing Rock Band for 4 years. These 2 songs are by far the best for us normal players :)

UPDATE: I just timed it all out. It takes 9 minutes to play both of them in a row, and I got 1058 HOPO's. This breaks down to almost exactly 2 per second, which is pretty good and actually really easy.

Edited by discostu1337

Antibodies on Expert bass has TONS of HOPO's

And I'm pretty sure it's not a guitar only achievement, I've checked it, iirc, it's under epic goals, and I literally checked my count, played a song on bass, and then checked it again and it went up in HOPO's

Antibodies on Expert bass has TONS of HOPO's

And I'm pretty sure it's not a guitar only achievement, I've checked it, iirc, it's under epic goals, and I literally checked my count, played a song on bass, and then checked it again and it went up in HOPO's

It's under:

"Guitar" > "Epic Guitar Goals" > "Hopo-Cidal Maniac"

It even says "Play 53,596 HOPOs on Guitar"

It's guitar only.

I've got just less than 10,000 to go. Wish I had enough points to get She's Always A Woman, getting bored of the few HOPO-filled songs I have.

Made of Scars - Stone Sour has quite a lot btw.

"Gasoline" by Audioslave is actually half-decent for HOPOs. My skill is probably mid-range at best (I'll never get the "5 star the disc" achievement), but I think I would classify it as an orange song.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOEdt1KLCWA

I haven't counted the HOPOs, but lately I play with my HOPO counter in the corner. When I started Gasoline I had 30,511 and when I ended I had 30,997 and I know I didn't hit them all, so I think ~500+ for a four-minute song in a middle difficulty-tier isn't bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with Through the Fire and the Flames, Check My Brain, Made of Scars, Landslide, Gasoline and three of my own-the new Andromeda songs on the RBN, which are balls hard but filled with so many HO/POs, the pros can sweep these songs for the achievement.

Cameleon Carneval (160MSP)

[ame]

[/ame]

Veil of Illumination (Part 1) (160MSP)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPSfcGhEl4Y]YouTube - RBN Expert Guitar: Veil of Illumination Pt. 1 by Andromeda 100% FC[/ame]

Veil of Illumination (Part 2) (160MSP)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pRN_CWNnJ0]YouTube - RBN Expert Guitar: Veil of Illumination Pt. 2 by Andromeda 100% FC[/ame]

Landslide by Fleetwood Mac (just released as DLC) is about 90% HOPOs on expert, and on hard even an average guitar player should be able to get 300 to 400 HOPOs in a little over 3 minutes

I came here to post my support of this song, and noticed you'd already suggested it. I highly second this recommendation. "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac. It's a beautiful classic song and on expert guitar you can get around 800 HOPOs in just over 3 minutes! It's not a hard song, and you can play practically the entire thing without strumming. I just went from 15,000 HOPOs to 54,000 in no time at all.

Get Llama off the list, it's a terrible song for hammer-ons, it really only has them in the solo, which is pretty short, it's not worth it, even if you're good. Also, for DLC you should add For the Love of God (Live), song has plenty of Hammer-ons. Also, anyone know why the hell that song is a 5 and not impossible? It's clearly one of the hardest guitar songs out there

Get Llama off the list, it's a terrible song for hammer-ons, it really only has them in the solo, which is pretty short, it's not worth it, even if you're good. Also, for DLC you should add For the Love of God (Live), song has plenty of Hammer-ons. Also, anyone know why the hell that song is a 5 and not impossible? It's clearly one of the hardest guitar songs out there

Haha, I'm not sure why Llama is on there, you're right it's terrible for HO/POs. As for For The Love of God (Live), it was downgraded from devil-tier to 5 from the transistion from RB2 to 3. It's hella hard, don't let it's tiering fool you guys. Also, some suggestions of my own...

Hangman (80msp)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmPhDuj8J0]YouTube - Hangman - Drugstore Fanatics - Rock Band 3 - Expert Guitar[/ame]

Tweezer (160msp)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iQJdBI5wmk]YouTube - Phish - Tweezer - Rock Band Expert Guitar[/ame]

Stash (160msp)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cshnBBD9ZJM&feature=related]YouTube - Phish - Stash - Rock Band Expert Guitar[/ame]