AMAZING Trick to Spider Farming!

BarbaricGoose

Hey guys, wondering what people that actually understand the game would do in this situation haha.

Is it worth farming to get achievements if I'm not already level 50 to be hoping on elite pieces? I need to pick up 7.5k drops, construct 100 blueprints and find all those runes, but I'm currently just under level 30 and still need to reach Adept on three classes and complete 20 charm quests.

I figure if I knock out the all-Adept achievement and run through levels trying-and-failing to get Unstoppables whilst completing charm quests it'll aid working toward the first paragraph's achievements seeing as they're all accumulative (right?), but once the charms are done is farming a decent technique for levelling or is there a far faster method I should do instead until elite pieces can actually be looted? I like the idea of finding these 7,500 drops as fast as possible but if there's more streamlined areas for getting experience should I prioritise that instead and just farm if I still don't have the drops by level 50?

Not a strong person when it comes to this genre so advice is appreciated, I've been walking around with auto-salvage fixed to blue until the end of Serpent thinking it'd cause no problems for me :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your best bet is to concentrate on getting to level 50 on your main character as soon as possible, get htose achievements out of the way. Id advise either getting someone to spiderfarm for you while you hide in a corner or running helheim.

For the Jack of all Trades achievement, your best bet is just to run HoH as each class, that will get you to level 10.

20 charm quests - theres an obelisk in one of the wells that drops level 1 charms - easy to complete quickly.

After your level 50, spider farming is by far the best way to get 7,500 and the lite armour. For the 7.5k drops, just turn off autosalvage until your inventory is full, then set it to purple and exit your inventory, that will quickly clear it out. Turn it off again and carry on farming. Rinse repeat.

For the 7.5k drops, just turn off autosalvage until your inventory is full, then set it to purple and exit your inventory, that will quickly clear it out. Turn it off again and carry on farming. Rinse repeat.

huh? why that? hell get those drops on smart mode as well. only thing that speeds up the process is the capped loot drop chance...

I'm currently manually salvaging everything I get just because I don't really understand the system haha- I've back-up equipment with lootdrop +5%'s for each type (I read somewhere wearing pieces of the elite set helps the remaining pieces show up, is this true? I thought I'd come prepared for switching current loot rate+ equip out) and I'm worried that if I autosalvage they might get rid of all my dark blue runes, which I might need for...something, maybe.

EDIT: Ignore that, after nearly ten consecutive hours of farming I've finished off my elites, loot drops and runes so now it's salvaging oranges from now on :p Thanks for the advice guys, and thanks for this thread for making the farming go by as fast as possible!

Edited by Didi Mau

Salvaging oranges is a big no no - the best armour in the game is oragne, the Aesir armour. So I advise leaving ito n purple.

For drops, yes you can use smart mode if you wish, honestly, I forgot about it. Also, autosalvage doesnt affect runes or charms - just your equipment inventory. You can have it set to everything and it still wont touch your runes.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe it’s quite random how the elite sets drop for your character. I did GRND runs from the beginning of the first level to end in order to have the tokens for over 25 times and did not get a single red piece (from elite set or not).

I purchased the weapon for my Cyber Commando from the shop. Doing the spider trick got me 3 out the 6 armor pieces (with a lot of grinding to be honest), 2 I got on the convey belts after the spider (I must have done 30 runs, not very much but it is time consuming to go back and forth to reach the spot again) and 1 on a spider before the one that we farm (I guess I was really lucky then!).

The bottom line is that at least for my character I got all of my armor pieces from 3-4 but Spider farming was the most effective and it is a great way to get all sort of red items and quickly level up if you haven't reached lvl 50 yet...

Edited by aSMiLoN

I believe it’s quite random how the elite sets drop for your character. I did GRND runs from the beginning of the first level to end in order to have the tokens for over 25 times and did not get a single red piece (from elite set or not).

I purchased the weapon for my Cyber Commando from the shop. Doing the spider trick got me 3 out the 6 armor pieces (with a lot of grinding to be honest), 2 I got on the convey belts after the spider (I must have done 30 runs, not very much but it is time consuming to go back and forth to reach the spot again) and 1 on a spider before the one that we farm (I guess I was really lucky then!).

The bottom line is that at least for my character I got all of my armor pieces from 3-4 but Spider farming was the most effective and it is a great way to get all sort of red items and quickly level up if you haven't reached lvl 50 yet...

Well can I borrow your armour set for the achievement then, I don't plan to play this game anymore once I hit 1k as quite frankly I'm sick of it, there will be no sequel, the whole polarity part ticks me off, ppl are greedy on random public games, I don't wanna waste my time on this game much longer & trying to find red runes takes forever.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i would like to say thanks for this method! i spider-farmed all the way from level 32 to 50, then i farmed for me elite pieces, which i found 4 in around 18 hours of spider farming starting on 3-4.

after that i read somewhere that level tokens might influence in aquiring elite pieces, and started my farming on 3-1. i don´t know if i was lucky or something but i got my last 3 pieces in 2 hours, and i can´t thank you enough :)

This is amazing! It has sped my grinding up dramatically and has worked lieke a charm for me. With only one hour of farming I have received 4 red runes and a red laser rifle... 5 elite drops in an hour... No more pieces towards my elite amor suit but this method gives me some hope

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've run into a problem, and it's a weird one at that =\ It seems that my game has glitched and the range of my ballastics can not hit the spider...but can hit other enemies in the same spot. Does anyone know how to fix it? I've spent approximately 25 hours reaching level 50 and I don't want to restart because of it =\ I do the whole kill Grendal, collect all drops, wait till his body disappears and quit to Aesir before it automatically takes me there. Then I load up 3-4 of world serpeant but it won't work and I'm not sure why. Any help is welcomed

Nevermind, I just upped my ballastic lock range and now I can actually hit the dam thing xD Still not sure why it wouldn't let me lock on to it in the first place...I could easily lock onto the goblins that spawned when they stood right next to it =\ Here's a tip, if you can't increase the range of your weapon, use a slug rifle's secondary fire as the granade has enough bounce to make it to the spider =]

Edited by Ferny111

If you are in a campaign, press start and from the menu select Go to Aesir. When you are in Aesir just press A on a blue terminal,then X to go to missions select and then choose 3-4 :-)

Thanks :) I beat the campaign again and then I actually read that little box giving me instructions on how to do the level select thing xD I have spent way too much time on this game =\

• 2 months later...

Great find but for the life of me I cant find a gun that will kill the bloody spider. Im a Cybernetic Bererker but what kind of gun should I be using???

Thanks

Nevermind... lol ^^^ read his post... been too long since i last played

Edited by Deaf_Paradox

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely post :D It works 100% in multiplayer, not sure on singleplayer since I am retarded and cant figure out how to jump from 1-3 to 3-4...

It gets a bit dull but isnt farming dull? The profit you get is worth it :D

One thing ive realized is that if you get too close to the door other mobs spawn so if you can figure out that invisible line, all the spider does is to sit and get owned by you.

Okay. I think the guide needs more clarification. I can't do it.

After GRNDL-01 fell, the game only gave me 2 seconds gap before it automatically loads to Aesir. So I had to rebeat GRNDL-01 for the manual load.

At the door where I should be able to shoot the spider, stupid Thor AI keeps standing too close to me when I go near the door. I can't shake him.

From all the 9 pages I read, it seems everyone is doing this with their characters at level 50 with level 50 weapons. Is that right? Because I can't reach the spider with a level 29 laser rifle.

And does it matter if I saved and quit after I killed GRNDL-01? Does the glitch still works after you quit the game and come back to level 3-4? (Unrelated to gun malfunction)

Edited by OceanH

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is great if you are going for the red pieces of armour but if you are just doing it for the 7500 item drops you can purchase colour runes at the shop and this counts towards the 7500 items. Much faster than farming.

Try achievo trading to find a nice person out there willing to hand over a full elite armour setup

• 4 months later...