Camera Shy Guide. All Portal cameras.

I made a guide for those of you who are having trouble finding or knocking down the cameras in Portal.

Please note that I used the "Place Portals Anywhere" cheat to get 1 of the cameras. Also using this cheat still makes it possible to get the Camera Shy achievement.

EDIT: You can get all 33 cameras without the "Place Portals Anywhere" cheat.

Test Chamber 2: 3 Cameras. After you get The gun go back to the begining level. One will be hanging above the door that first opens. The second is down the steps by the first portal. The third is above the observation window.

Test Chamber 3: 3 Cameras. The first is next to the 3rd Chamber sign. The second is next to the Orange Portal. The third is next to the exit.

Test Chamber 4: 2 Cameras. The first camera is found right away in the hall way next to the red step button. The second camera is next to the exit.

Test Chamber 5: 3 Cameras. Again the first one is right when you enter above a door and the second is on the left hand side of the first exit. The third is under the second red portal (the portal that is on the ceiling)

Test Chamber 6: 0 Cameras. No cameras are found in test chamber 6.

Test Chamber 7: 0 Cameras. Again, no cameras are found in test chamber 7.

Test Chamber 8: 0 Cameras. Another chamber without cameras.

Test Chamber 9: 0 Cameras. Zero cameras again. Just run through this like normal.

Test Chamber 10: 1 Camera. The camera is by the stair case across from the 10th Chamber sign.

Test Chamber 11: 1 Camera. When you first walk up the stairs after leaving the elevator the camera is above you.

Test Chamber 12: 0 Cameras.

Test Chamber 13: 3 Cameras. After leaving the elevator again, it is hanging on a wall behind you when you exit the hallway. The second camera is next to the door you enter to get into the room with the 2 platforms with the red buttons. The third is located after you enter the door to the exit, it is to the immediate left of when you enter.

Test Chamber 14: 0 Cameras.

Test Chamber 15: 5 Cameras. The first camera is immediately found next to the Chamber 15 sign. The next camera is found after you fling yourself through the blue anti-portal materal, next to the hallway exit to the right. The third is found above the lift you need to activate to enter the third room. In the room you need to place a portal on the floor to jump through a camera is located there. The 5th camera is above the door you leave with the moving platforms.

Test Chamber 16: 5 Cameras. Once the first blue door opens, its directly in front of you, you cant miss it. After picking up the first security bot, its in the next room, another one you shouldn't miss. The 3rd is behind the 3rd security bot you come across. The fourth camera is in the room with the 3 security bots where you need to put a block on the red activator button. After activating the button and making a portal into the room with the security bot it'll be in that area.

Test Chamber 17: 2 Cameras. The first will be down the second hallway, where you need your companion cube to protect you from the killer orbs. The second is above a door that you need to enter to activate one of the lifts.

Test Chamber 18: 3* Cameras. Once you get to the part with the security bots its next to a glass window. * The last camera is at the end of the stage, you will need to activate the "Portal Placement Anywhere" cheat code to knock it down. It is located on a non-portal wall.

Test Chamber 19: 3 Cameras. The first is located in the room where you have to activate the moving platform. The second camera is located while riding the platform at the long stretch where the energy ball is bouncing back and forth. There is a third camera on this test chamber, although I have yet to find it. Please see Pyromans Achievement guide thread: http://xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41485

I didn't see pyroman's guide until I finished posting this thread and then searched around :(

I couldn't find the third camera in chamber 19 when I did my search through and when I wrote down all the cameras. I figured that you could get all 33 cameras legit, but since I found that one camera you could take down with the portals anywhere cheat I just used that as the last one.

• 3 years later...