This is the worst one so far!

YiazmatXII

So then the question is, which is the "worst" of Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles and CD?

It's sonic 2!

this one was cool , though I didn't played it back then , I didn't have the mega CD

This race ... I spent some hours to get that achievement! the most frustrating is when you beat your record, didn't got hit, but finished second and thus die.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this "Sonic CD" is proabably the best Sonic game that has been ported for achivements, also graphic and has the best game physics out of all of them as well.

have really enjoyed playing this game (frustrated at times), but Sonic 3 is still my fav overall

• 1 month later...

You obviously never played it on Mega CD, these re-releases are (I think) for nostalgia and maybe also to show the history of sonic games to people who are too young to have been there. So please take it for what it is and keep your negetive opinions of the game to yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
You obviously never played it on Mega CD, these re-releases are (I think) for nostalgia and maybe also to show the history of sonic games to people who are too young to have been there. So please take it for what it is and keep your negetive opinions of the game to yourself.

You obviously never read my post properly.

I said the meal sonic race has clearly been changed. This would imply to most people that I had played the original!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll probably pick this up when it goes on sale next week. Just finished the train wreck that was sonic adventure. What the hell sega!?! Get some GOOD bug testers, or a decent QA department and iron out your stupid sonic glitch and bugs. Laaaaazy.

If you watch both of those from start to finish and still don't see how anyone can honestly dislike the game, I really don't know what to say to you.

How can watching a video convince me to dislike actually playing a game. It's quite a different experience really, deliberately trying to watch all the bad things you can come up with versus actually just playing the game as an experience. If you wanna get frustrated that's your choice as well and I'm not blind to the things that people have a problem with, they just didn't bother me as much. I still manged to really enjoy playing Sonic 06 and I still go back to it to play on occasion.

• 5 months later...

Just because I don't like the game, doesn't mean it's a bad game... It just did a lot of things differently. Out of the classics, I would say it's the worst though. Best being S&K, then S2, S3, S1 and then CD.

As for Sonic 06... Ugh. I am a pretty big Sonic fan. I'll buy the games regardless of what is said about them and make my own opinion. I've sat down and grinded speedruns on certain games, even achieving world records at times, so I'm pretty patient I'd say; But I had to kinda of force myself to finish 06. It was just rushed sadly.

• 8 months later...

Picked this up recently when it was in the sale for 160 points. I'd heard so many people raving about it so I was looking forward to playing it.

Not liking it so far at all. Maybe it's just because it was the only 'classic' Sonic game that I hadn't played when I was younger.

Always hear people saying how great the soundrack is/was as well. It sounds like 90s gay club music.

I do like the game, and I like the time travel idea. But in terms of level design and overall feel, it doesn't really compare to Sonic 1,2,3 & S&K for me. Again though, that might just be my (lack of) nostalgia talking :)

• 2 months later...
Can you convince me otherwise? lol

Sure I'll give it a shot.

The achievements are just stupid! The gameplay doesn't feel as smooth, and quite frankly, it's just a confusing game.

Nawww bro, it's a good port, it feels the same but also lets you play as Tails and choose which soundtrack you want, US or JPN. I'm not a fan of the US soundtrack though, the Robotnik music is so out of place.

One thing which really stood out to me is the Metal Sonic race has CLEARLY been changed to make that achievement extremely difficult - This is what made me realize that it's not even the same game.

Nope, it's definitely the same. It just takes some practice to nail but you'll get it eventually. I found it easy since I've done it before.

I was expecting much more from this after all the hype, but my final thoughts are... I wish I hadn't spent 400 point on it.

It's only 400 points, I mean you could be like me and spent 800MSP on the train wreck called Sonic 4: Episode 2.

As for Sonic CD being a good game, I prefer Sonic 3. CD's level design gets on my nerves since there's no real balance between platforming and running that Sonic's 2, 1 and 3 has. That and it has the least entertaining bosses. As for Sonic and Knuckles, pretty much all but 5 bosses are boring.