GTA Online not saving?

Fredy29

Tonight I lost like 2 levels and all my money I earned because it didn't save. I went into single player because I had a phone call of my friend, I don't understand why it didn't save I was popping in and out of races and it didn't save so I'm not happy about it.. Happened at least twice to me now.. Anyone else had this problem tonight? Just wondering, thanks :)

-WcG iFredy29

Wrong forum, should use the online one now.

This has been fixed though, maybe you didn't have the new update yet? But saves have been fine and leaving online you should hit start and go to online and quit that way, but still cloud servers seem fine now and i've just turned off the console lots and never lost anything since the patch or 2 ago.

It takes a while to update the online servers. If you quit out of multiplayer and then rejoin within about an hour you'll lose progress. If you wait a while before rejoining it will be fine. I had this happen earlier so turned my Xbox off before it saved, went back on after eating and it was back. As a test I sold a car and then quit, kept checking the Rock star Social Club and once that was updated I went back on and it was all fine. Maybe today they're taking longer to update for some reason, but if it happens again just leave without saving and wait a while, your money and xp should return :-)

It takes a while to update the online servers. If you quit out of multiplayer and then rejoin within about an hour you'll lose progress. If you wait a while before rejoining it will be fine. I had this happen earlier so turned my Xbox off before it saved, went back on after eating and it was back. As a test I sold a car and then quit, kept checking the Rock star Social Club and once that was updated I went back on and it was all fine. Maybe today they're taking longer to update for some reason, but if it happens again just leave without saving and wait a while, your money and xp should return :-)

While you could be right, nothing signifies this as being possible, the social club updates slow because its not in real time and never has been (would be stupid to update it in real time, the resources for something barely use would be ridiculous.)

However to update saves in realtime is something else... This is needed, its easy to get thrown back into singleplayer from MP, to lose a night/day/insert hours here, work because it fucked up... lol

I will be surprised if rockstar get peoples lost chars back like they state, this is just a needle in a cornfield compared to that in terms of what they want to do, 50 levels vs 4hrs? lol

Oh and also, i drop in and out all the time as i go through phases of only playing friends games, never lost anything. I've not played since tonights patch but its a fairly good point that patch comes and issues crop up again, they will not of meant it but again, 100 testers in rockstar 1mill+ testers outside, bugs will be found the testers did not.

Edited by Killerchronic

Wrong forum, should use the online one now.

This has been fixed though, maybe you didn't have the new update yet? But saves have been fine and leaving online you should hit start and go to online and quit that way, but still cloud servers seem fine now and i've just turned off the console lots and never lost anything since the patch or 2 ago.

Sorry dude, I completely missed the online forum I honestly noticed there was one even though I know they do it, I hardly use these forums these days.. Plus I posted this on my phone :p

Anyway yeah, now you mentioned the patch I forgot that came tonight, good point! I think this happened me once or twice during the first week but I haven't noticed it happen since till tonight! So it must be the patch. This is why I posted the forum coz I thought they fixed it so I was wondering, I'm glad to know it's not just me otherwise this would be more concerning.. Not the end of world it's just annoying, I got my levels back already.. One thing I did notice is that because I was mainly racing, I noticed that I kept my race wins, and they still counted towards my awards.. But that's leader board so that's different, but I'm just saying I noticed it saved :)

I kinda have a similar problem. I played a couple of hours, returned to sp to have dinner. When I returned everything changed back. Except that I kept the modded car I bought today. Now everytime I join an online game my rank and bank returns to the state it was at the beginning (190k and lv 29) except I keep the car(mod)s. Tried it several time but I end up with the same bank and lvl. Weapon mods and clothing disapear. Bought bulletproof tires for all my cars using this. But stopped playing since I can't level up or earn more cash for the cars I actually want since it gets reset anyways. PS this was after the update.

Edit: it returned to back to normal. I can rank up and earn money since it saves like it should. Turned my xbox off for a couple of hours. When I returned I had 50k left and all the car mods, weapon mods, ammo and clothes I bought during the glitch.

Edited by smashingrascal

had this happened to me today, playing with my bro online for about 3 hours robbing stores, doing missions together, racing the lot. I went up to level 10 and got about £45k in the bank. Quit out to go to singleplayer as me and my bro wanted to be in a private online lobby. Back to level 7 with bout £25k in the bank. Right pissed off and a total waste of time. Just hope rockstar hurry up and put $500 k in my wallet!

I've been having the same problem for a couple weeks now. My online money seems to be stuck at 86k in the bank and 10k in cash on me. Every time I load up online, that's how much money I have, no matter how much I earned or spent last time I played. I don't get it, everything else seems to be saving now: my rank, my awards, etc. So it's great for spending that much money on things and having it all back, but not good if I actually want to save any money. I'm hoping with the stimulus package I won't get screwed out of my money. Maybe I'll even get lucky and my game will be forever stuck at 500k instead.

This all happened the first time I bought an apartment. I was winning races and bets and got up to 87k. I bought the 80k apartment with a garage for the achievement and logged off after that. I came back and still had my apartment, but also still had my money. Ever since then, my money has been stuck where it's all. Went through and robbed all of the stores, and all of that money went to waste. Did a couple missions, that money went to waste. Spent money on haircuts for the platinum award and got all that money back though. I guess I should buy the outfits and private dances and mods so I can get those awards while I seem to have unlimited money.

I found this out the hard way Thursday night:

If you're doing races, your progress will not save until you exit the racing session back to Freemode.

We'd been racing for a couple of hours and got stuck on a loading screen. When I went back to dashboard and reloaded, my character came back minus the 7 levels and $100,000+ in cash I'd made.

So, I'd advise that every 5 levels or so, you back out into Freemode to save your game. If someone hosted the race by going to the race marker, you'll appear next to it upon leaving the race and can just re-start it after everyone's data has been saved properly.

Also, it's not saving other bits of progress, either.

For instance, I've completed the Boneyard Survival three times now, once by myself. I have the achievement and my stats say the highest wave I've reached is 10. But the progress for having done a Survival at all still sits at 0/6. The green checkmark even is removed once I load up the game again.

Also, I keep getting told that people are beating my best lap on Criminal Records with times that are greater than the ones I managed to actually do on the track. I'm told someone beat my time with a 0:34 lap, but I've done laps that have been 0:26 or 0:27 routinely. So it doesn't seem to be saving that data properly either.

I found this out the hard way Thursday night:

Also, it's not saving other bits of progress, either.

For instance, I've completed the Boneyard Survival three times now, once by myself. I have the achievement and my stats say the highest wave I've reached is 10. But the progress for having done a Survival at all still sits at 0/6. The green checkmark even is removed once I load up the game again.

I don't think the Survival tracking problem you experience is due to a saving issue. Based on my own experiences, I believe there is a Survival specific glitch at work here. I had to complete Survival 5-6 times before I got proper credit for it. For example, I completed all 10 waves, but the award only gave me credit for 7 of those 10 waves. In fact, over time, I noticed the tracking stats go down sometimes (e.g.: from 7 to 3 to 0).

I don't think the Survival tracking problem you experience is due to a saving issue. Based on my own experiences, I believe there is a Survival specific glitch at work here. I had to complete Survival 5-6 times before I got proper credit for it. For example, I completed all 10 waves, but the award only gave me credit for 7 of those 10 waves. In fact, over time, I noticed the tracking stats go down sometimes (e.g.: from 7 to 3 to 0).

It's weird you mention that, cause I actually had the exact same thing happen to my "race wins" and "betting wins" awards. Both were at gold after doing some races for RP. Next time I went online, both are down to silver. Next time I go online both are down to bronze. No clue how I could be not only not saving progress, but regressing in stats. Thankfully that seemed to stop happening after the patch, and my stats seem to be saving ok now, but still is weird.

My number of waves has stayed at 10 since the first time I completed Boneyard. The only stat that seems to change is the one that says I've done a Survival at all. :/