Official Bitching Thread

Barad

Yeah this game pissed me off. It froze up about 3 times while playing it (can't remember when), and now guess what? I can't watch the damn ending because it freezes up!!! 4 times now, right when Prophet gets sucked into the wormhole, BAM frozen. I had to watch the ending where he's in space and all on youtube, which is bullshit. I can only guess replaying that chapter will fix it? Anyone know if they're gonna patch this soon? This is unacceptable & I know you guys are just as fustrated as I am.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Alcatraz? Was he absorbed by Prophet or something?

Was he retconned by the developers? Was it because he was a mute?

This gets pretty deep, so just believe me.

Apparently the suit 'remembers' Prophet's body, voice, skills, techniques, basically everything about him, even memories.

When Alcatraz takes Prophet's place (because of the infection killing Prophet), the suit begins to take Alcatraz's body and infuse it with all things Prophet.

They say the body is Alcatraz, but the person is Prophet. Some deep shit.

I hate this game pure and simple. I bought it as I loved crysis and enjoyed the story of crysis 2 (didnt enjoy the way crysis 2 played) ive played just over an hour in the campaign and im bored as fuck and the mp on pc is a disgrace. Hackers, I wont even begin to say how bad this game is for hacking but it makes the mw2 hacking look reasonable, therez cheating everywhere and the servers are total wank, just updated through origin and I cant even play 5 minutes without the game crashing, fuck you crytek and fuck you ea im furious with myself for buying this digital only but ill never buy a crytek game again ill keep my fond memory and love of crysis 1.....crysis 2 mp takes a big fat steaming shit on this abysmal game 

Host Migration always fails for me. idk y the typhoon seems to work for everyone else but me. and that damn cloaking ability :uzi:. it never fails that while im cloaked i still am in clear view to the enemy yet i cant see them for shit when they're cloaked.

Just had to bitch lol it is the bitching thread.

So I'm missing one nanosuit upgrade module, and I don't know where it is. Why the fuck don't they track those by level as well? Are they insignificant somehow? And pointless letters on a screen are more important?

This x100. Mine seem to be buggy anyway so I'm gonna miss out on these. Really annoying. Also I'm getting lot of fuzzy sound in the campaign too.

not so much a bitch, but a glitch

"north railyard through the subway"

when Psycho goes up the ladder and asks if they heard it, instead of going up the stairs and fighting head on, you can go under the stairs and clip thru the rock and see everyone behind it and your bullets travel thru it, but the enemy wont see you. lol

Edited by eiVaL

The final scene with the Ultra Ceph and aiming ArcAngel was a bit like the final boss of GoW 2. I suppose they made up with for it with having a proper boss beforehand and also having the ability to fail. Earth gets turned into an Ice Sphere.

Anyway these are mostly MP related, but not another 'LAAAAG' complaint.

Weird inconsistencies with stomps:

Stomp the floor near an enemy, they die.

Jump off the floor just as a stomper's about to land, you live.

It's a ground thing.

Flew into the crash zone with a stomp an landed directly in front of someone with a shield. They didn't die. >:[

A Pinger's stomp will kill you even if you're in mid-air around it or standing on top of it which I don't understand the logic behind. Wonder why it doesn't EMP you like it does in the campaign.

The VTOL is gash and is more likely to get you killed then anything else:

I listed the reasons in another thread, but this was a good idea that didn't really work in execution.

ED: "Barely any cover

The front jets keep obscuring my view

You can be hit from angles that you can't hit.

You'll be moving most of the time.

Tried to switch from one gun to the other and I 'slid' off the plane several times.

Pretty certain I've died more times while on a VTOL than I've actually killed anyone.

The VTOL on East River is particularly useless, that map is like 70% wall."

Having my dogtags revoked:

WTF some have disappeared twice now (Solo Spear)

Thrown shields stopping just in front of enemies:

Sometimes I throw these things directly at someone's face and they STOP just feet away from them. They were shooting at the shield on all occasions so maybe that stopped the momentum of the shield? Maybe on planet WTF.

The first time this happened I noticed the shield snagged off some rocks just sticking out of the floor, but it's still happened a handful of times when aiming slightly upwards.

Spawning in the same area:

There don't seem to be too many spawn points and on certain moments in Crash Site (financial District is where I noticed this) I spawned in the same spot 3-4 times in a row.

Granted I not being forced to run in a straight line directly at the enemies crash site, but maybe switch it up a little? Keep the enemy guessing and stop giving the player a sense of deja vu.

Every bow kill being treated like a headshot:

Bows are cool and everything but does time really need to slow for me being shot in the leg or bicep?

The K-Volt's slow reload:

For something that isn't utterly devastating, lacks long range damage (LMAO at an Assault scope for this weapon) and fires projectiles that are slower than bullets and can visibly miss the opponent the reload for this weapon is a questionable design choice.

Killed a dude and hit reload and another enemy caught me with my pants down and managed to stave off the inevitable by jumping around but the bloody gun still hadn't reloaded by the end of the third Super Jump. WTF? This takes forever. Why can't I quit you?

Floating stuff:

Shields from previous crash sites, the occasional corpse, sometimes guns. All just left floating in the air.

Input Lag?

Multiple times I've been holding LT and/or RT after switching firearms/reloading/air stomping and the character's just done nothing for a second or two.

Rushing up to shields/poles already holding the X and they won't be torn off. It's still 50/50 chance of working the second time you press X down and hold.

Inconsistency with tagging:

Sometimes enemies have been tagged just by running through my reticle. Other times I'm waving it all over them for three seconds and nothing happens.

Is there some kind of perk that prevents tagging?

Overlapping reticles:

Finished using a bolt sniper and the circlular aiming reticle remained on screen once I'd dropped it and switched back to the main gun. Stayed there until killed.

Ditto the visor's square reticle remained on screen after switching back to weapons and remained there until death.

Both happened on the same Brooklyn Bridge match FWIW, but I doubt these things are map specific.

Killcams:

These things are just awful. You know the drill.

The enemy won't even be pointing the gun in the right direction.

The victim collapsing before the fatal shot has hit them.

The victim sometimes not appearing at all.

Sometimes these things don't even trigger and I'm left looking at a teammate's face whilst a counter tells me how long until I respawn.

So laughably askew from reality they should have been cut or be patched out in the future. Or at least skippable. The joke's old now.

The Incinerator:

This is just shit.

Just did the 'Schooled' assignment which involves killed the whole enemy team within 15 seconds. It popped on my first kill of the match. Yeah. Also got Trojan Nanohorse on a match where I never used REX charges...

Edited by Hurricane Of 87

The achievement isn't to unlock them all... It is to upgrade them all to max.

Which means you have to have the module active and to the stuff it says.

Yeah I'll be honest I read it but didn't READ it lol I flipped shit when it didn't unlock though I won't lie. Then I realized I had to max them out, kinda stupid but whatever I got them to pop, and at the same time fixed my attachment glitch so that finally popped as well.

wow, the controls were stuck in Visor view after the cutscenes where you get the dopamine blocker taken out and so i couldnt jump or do anything except walk along the red pipes, which goes past a Nano Upgrade and some collectables, till it triggered the "approach ceph mindcarrier device" checkpoint, which now i cant jump back up and restarting STARTS me at the bottom and the super jump nano boost isnt powerful enough to let reach any of the open windows

wow, the controls were stuck in Visor view after the cutscenes where you get the dopamine blocker taken out and so i couldnt jump or do anything except walk along the red pipes, which goes past a Nano Upgrade and some collectables, till it triggered the "approach ceph mindcarrier device" checkpoint, which now i cant jump back up and restarting STARTS me at the bottom and the super jump nano boost isnt powerful enough to let reach any of the open windows

That happened to me too. Ended up having to quit and restart from mission select.

Lost the two weapons I were carrying, which was annoying... But otherwise everything flowed naturally after that.

I'll never understand why every Crysis game suffers from odd audio drop out glitches, or the invisible weapon in your hand or the visor glitch. This happens in every crysis game, I know audio isn't game breaking but it's just weird that you don't make any noise while sprinting. The game is fun but I've seen the MP lobby dip big time in the past 2 days not sure if this MP has the legs like crysis 2..

I'll never understand why every Crysis game suffers from odd audio drop out glitches, or the invisible weapon in your hand or the visor glitch. This happens in every crysis game, I know audio isn't game breaking but it's just weird that you don't make any noise while sprinting. The game is fun but I've seen the MP lobby dip big time in the past 2 days not sure if this MP has the legs like crysis 2..

i dont remember any issues in Crysis 2 campaign

this one has alot, not to mention its just getting retarded near the end, its basically forcing you to run and gun abandoning the stealth all together with all the driving parts and forced altercations with aliens

Ok this isn't really a bitching kinda thing but. WTF happened to Alcatraz from Crysis 2? Crysis 2 started off with Lawrence Burns passing his suit on to Alcatraz and then blowing his brains out. Now how or when does the guy who died by a self inflected gun shoot to the head come back to life and start using the suit again?

I've heard some thoughts of Alcatraz's mind died and the suit imprinted burns mind over his. But I don't remember any of this happening.

WHITESTAR 2032 said:
Ok this isn't really a bitching kinda thing but. WTF happened to Alcatraz from Crysis 2? Crysis 2 started off with Lawrence Burns passing his suit on to Alcatraz and then blowing his brains out. Now how or when does the guy who died by a self inflected gun shoot to the head come back to life and start using the suit again?

I've heard some thoughts of Alcatraz's mind died and the suit imprinted burns mind over his. But I don't remember any of this happening.

edit

Edited by boshans

I was having a surprising bit of fun with the multiplayer...

...but then the game revoked virtually all of my dog tags.

Twice.

So far, aside from the map-related dog tags and the preorder ones, the only one to stay unlocked was the CryNet Challenge one I pulled off. It seems I am forced to equip every dog tag that I unlock and oh, wait, no, that isn't the case, since I had one equipped that I had unlocked the first time and it was revoked.

Seriously, what the hell is going on?

Played the 'MAXIMUM' playlists on this yesterday. Needless to say without a minimap/killcam to negate the cloaking or tell you which direction a firefight's going down these games become a camp session pretty quickly.

Also the Medley and Developer's Choice playlists are dying off already with 0 players on them and Extraction/Capture The Relay had less than 20. Ouch.

Played the 'MAXIMUM' playlists on this yesterday. Needless to say without a minimap/killcam to negate the cloaking or tell you which direction a firefight's going down these games become a camp session pretty quickly.

Also the Medley and Developer's Choice playlists are dying off already with 0 players on them and Extraction/Capture The Relay had less than 20. Ouch.

This game never even made Major Nelson's list of top 20 games played. No matter what time I logged in, there were usually only 1000-1500 people online total across all the playlists. Worldwide. That is sad.

The lag in multiplayer is probably one of my only complaints about the game. It's pretty inconsistent. I've unloaded entire clips onto stationary targets only to be killed by them with one shot. My kdr was around 1.10 before the lag worked in my favor. Then in one night of gaming (maybe 10 games or so?), my kdr skyrocketed to 1.40. That's ridiculous. I don't want to beast it up because other people are laggy. Not fair or fun at all.