Free for Gold, First Thoughts

JONBLEACH

The demo didn't really interest me, because I always seemed to die during the boss fight. When I played the full game version, I didn't seem to have that issue.

One of my favorite features are the waypoints. They are just like GTA Race waypoints, which point you the way of where you must turn next. Unlike GTA's waypoints (out of races) which make you constantly looking down at your HUD. If only R* implemented this feature in their whole game, driving would be much easier. Of course, after you get used to the map, it doesn't really matter.

I love that shrines and collectables appear on your HUD, the only issue is that the HUD isn't very detailed.

-Manually saving doesn't have you start where you left off. Starts you in the safehouse no matter what. Minor inconvenience.

I quite like this actually. I got stuck in the water once and was just swimming trying to find a way onto land. I saved my game, then I loaded my game = problem solved. If you get an apt in each location, it's less of an issue. I understand if you're in a new game and only have one apt. I was also buying cars at this dealership, I ran off under this car that was lifted up and got stuck under it somehow, I tried everything to get me out. Save game, load game = problem solved, right back at my apt and not stuck under the car. Also got stuck on some rocks I thought I could walk on, same thing happened. It's a great feature, but as you stated a minor inconvenience. Just had to express how good it works.

If I went into every detail about what I liked and didn't like, I'd end up writing a paragraph about each, so I won't since most have been expressed. The only thing that should be improved is the camera when you're backing up in a vehicle or in a vehicle in general.

Batman fighting style + Bruce Lee + Open world = Sleeping Dogs :dance:

• 3 months later...

I just finished the main storyline and I really enjoyed this game! It is very similar to GTA but it is unique in its own way. There are a few things that GTA does better but Sleeping Dogs has a lot of cool features I wish more open world games would have. The camera can get a little screwy when you are driving sometimes and the missions could be a little more varied but overall it is a good game.

I'm playing this now and I really like it! I'm glad it was free a short while back or I probably never would have tried it. Like others have said, the camera sometimes goes crazy when you're driving or trying to turn around in small spaces and you can't see where you're going until it straightens out.. But otherwise, I'm enjoying it. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...