HOW bad is Mile High Club?

This achievement isn't TOO bad. I've only had Cod4 for a year and I just started trying to go for that achievement today. I got it on my like 40th try. I just got it right now and had to post it. Honestly I felt like breaking my game because on my like 20th try I got to the hostage and shot him lol but it feels good to get it. Kinda sucks though because I got it offline though because I couldn't connect to Live (that's the reason I was going for the achievement.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for anyone still trying for this, there are plenty of you out there..

This is my video, of me running through the lvl on veteran this afternoon, just for fun.... The achievement didnt pop at the end, because I already have it.....Hope it helps....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This achievement took me about 4 years of playing the game off and on. Definitely one of the harder achievements I've unlocked. I had gotten to the end about 4 times and always seemed to kill the hostage instead of the guy holding him. Talk about irritating. It's a great feeling when you finally unlock it though.

I recommend learning where to toss your flashbangs at.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OADPOuwtAn8]Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare "Mile High Club" Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

I've pretty much given up on that achievement. WAY too hard for me. I'd have better luck beating every Halo game on Legendary blindfolded.

It's easy to see this as one of the hardest achievements to ever get. The fact that someone devotes a lot of their game time for one achievement shows dedication though :)

Been trying for days now, wasting hours on it. I wouldn't even get up the stairs. Kept giving up before getting too mad and having to break something other than my fist on the wall. Finally got not five minutes ago.

I watched all the videos posted in this thread and 5 others. Ended up taking a totally different route but the flashes were thrown at the same spots everybody else throws them.

To anyone reading, I'd never gotten to the double doors so when I did I couldn't believe it, my heart was racing. Do yourself a favor and pause the game, take a deep breath, relax, go smoke, drink or whatever, come back and finish it.

Been trying for days now, wasting hours on it. I wouldn't even get up the stairs. Kept giving up before getting too mad and having to break something other than my fist on the wall. Finally got not five minutes ago.

I watched all the videos posted in this thread and 5 others. Ended up taking a totally different route but the flashes were thrown at the same spots everybody else throws them.

To anyone reading, I'd never gotten to the double doors so when I did I couldn't believe it, my heart was racing. Do yourself a favor and pause the game, take a deep breath, relax, go smoke, drink or whatever, come back and finish it.

I had made it to the double doors three times and each time I either choked and shot the hostage, or choked and the timer ran down. :mad:

I think I got lucky the last time, because, after watching the video, my shot was no where near the guys head. Oh well, got the achievement. Certainly one of the harder ones I've got.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

V'been there

done that,

still after years no ach.

I've shot the guy in the hair, head, stomach, legs, foot, everything and everywhere.

Did it on Vet, Hard, Norm and Recr (several times). and never got the achiev, so i gave it up.

It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Not too bad, but requires a ton of practice and patience and a little luck. I found that every sixth or seventh run the AI of my squadmates would improve. Consequently, when I got it, I was stunned that they actually had moved ahead of me on the stairs and basically took point in the first room on the second floor. If this happens to you, just make sure you get to the second room alive and then you should be able to flashbang and sprint to the end. Also, definitely jump to forward and to the left of the final terrorist to get a clean shot.

• 2 months later...