Missing Link Sale

ElShow

Slightly related question. No spoilers if possible in answer please.

I just bought Missing Link due to this sale. Saw there is something called the Explosive Mission and Tactical enhancement pack on there for 320msp (about $6au-ish). At first glance I was ready to ignore it as it looked like just a handful on in-game gadgets and trinkets, but then saw there is an extra mission included called Tongs Rescue. Don't suppose anyone has played this? Worth the $6?

Looks like this was two separate DLCs most places. Not sure why its both or nothing here is AU. Strange.

I've been putting off playing this game as I heard the DLC is actually integrated into the plot, so I wanted to experience the full thing properly on my first play. Looks like now What I read was related to the Original DLC mission Tongs Rescue and Not Missing Link at all. :S

Slightly related question. No spoilers if possible in answer please.

I just bought Missing Link due to this sale. Saw there is something called the Explosive Mission and Tactical enhancement pack on there for 320msp (about $6au-ish). At first glance I was ready to ignore it as it looked like just a handful on in-game gadgets and trinkets, but then saw there is an extra mission included called Tongs Rescue. Don't suppose anyone has played this? Worth the $6?

Looks like this was two separate DLCs most places. Not sure why its both or nothing here is AU. Strange.

I've been putting off playing this game as I heard the DLC is actually integrated into the plot, so I wanted to experience the full thing properly on my first play. Looks like now What I read was related to the Original DLC mission Tongs Rescue and Not Missing Link at all. :S

The Missing Link is somewhat related to the main plot, but it's not directly correlated.

I had no idea there was an extra mission for sale either. Might check that out.

I had no idea there was an extra mission for sale either. Might check that out.

"Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement Packs" (linky) is what we have here in AU. Note in the description Unlocks the Tong's Rescue Bonus Mission.

I read on the internets that once the DLC is activated, it is plot related and can not be skipped. I did not know about this Tong mission at the time so I mistakenly thought this was referring to the Missing Link. So my question related to this DLC.

Has anyone played Tong's Rescue, Just how Integral is it to the narrative, and is it worth $6?

...is the dlc separate, where I can start it whenever, or do I have to progress in the main storyline to start it?

I think I may have just partially answered this. I'm almost certain that Tong's Rescue is plot related and unmissable as it is integrated into the main games narrative. Hoping someone else here can answer as related to the Missing Link DLC. No spoilers if possible please.

I've had the game for quite a while but hardly played it. I guess I'll buy the dlc and start playing again. One question, is the dlc seperate where I can start it whenever or do I have to progress in the main storyline to start it?

I can't be sure but I think you can play it no matter what stage you are through the main storyline. There's a separate option in the menu to play it. However, I already finished the game before buying it so I can't be sure if you can access the DLC before you reach the appropriate section of the main storyline.

• 1 year later...