Help, Tips, and Mission Reference (Spoilers?)

Viper187

done it, RZR Plasma Launcher actually worked pretty well on the spiders thnx. Mustv'e been doing something wrong before. Couldnt afford energy loss every time Idunn-FF reloaded so went for the Reflectron Lazer ZD which is a tad more economical. Hardly ever used it before but it goes through enemies and does damage to quite a few a once. Def need to get rid of those spiders first tho!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, hope you pop then 'Inferno' achvmts soon. Personally I;'d be happy to get all the 'hardest' ones then I'll be improved on the fact I only got the complete on normal in 2017.

Thanx, should have WD/Ranger Inferno achievements tonight if I'm on or if not tomorrow. Then just gotta replay Inferno WD/AR and WD/Fencer. WD/AR should be easy as I can use the AR's ZEXR-turrets for any crap like I encountered at the end of 81. Inferno is a HUGE step up though from Hardest especially if you've been doing Hardest with all the best weapons for whichever class you're using. I've had Idunn-FFs, Thunderbow-XD, Monster-S, Hreidmarr etc since midway through Normal lol and it was just all stupidly easy, even Hardest. Out of the 85 missions, even Inferno is pretty straightforward with WD, theres just a handful of mission which are really annoying.

Still have 85 to do though, tried it last night using same tactics as I did on Hardest and was epic failure because of those tracking lasers in Phase 2.

Viper...You mentioned you used WD to pull through the other classes on 85, may I ask what your exact method is? I've been trying to shoot out the red orbs to make a hole with the Thunderbow XD as it has 600m ranger, then blast brain with Gungnir. Phase 2 however, I just get all my health instantly drained by those lasers and being defenceless I'm kinda dead pretty soon. Any help appreciated!

Viper...You mentioned you used WD to pull through the other classes on 85, may I ask what your exact method is? I've been trying to shoot out the red orbs to make a hole with the Thunderbow XD as it has 600m ranger, then blast brain with Gungnir. Phase 2 however, I just get all my health instantly drained by those lasers and being defenceless I'm kinda dead pretty soon. Any help appreciated!

Yeah, I raged on this a bit too, but more because I've shot those panels or the brain itself with a goddamn Gungnir and it didn't count for some reason. Pretty crazy, but I cleared 85 on inferno with a 3000 armor Wing Diver when I did the JP version. Load up Wing Diver with TWO Gungnirs. Use the 2nd controller to hit the red panel out in front of where you start. It might be a little to the right, out across the water. Zap the brain. One shot should do it? Move the Wing Diver to the buildings behind where you started, and hide her between them while she recharges. As the new set of earth eaters forms, you'll see a red panel coming right toward you above the buildings. Shoot that with the 2nd controller. Then zap it with your reloaded wing diver. Then hop like hell for the underpass to survive long enough to hit the brain on phase 3.

The rail gun tank should work for hitting red panels with the air raider. It's just a little tricky to position. You can also use him to give you a ride to the tunnel after you shoot the brain for phase 2.

Edited by Viper187

Yeah, I raged on this a bit too, but more because I've shot those panels or the brain itself with a goddamn Gungnir and it didn't count for some reason. Pretty crazy, but I cleared 85 on inferno with a 3000 armor Wing Diver when I did the JP version. Load up Wing Diver with TWO Gungnirs. Use the 2nd controller to hit the red panel out in front of where you start. It might be a little to the right, out across the water. Zap the brain. One shot should do it? Move the Wing Diver to the buildings behind where you started, and hide her between them while she recharges. As the new set of earth eaters forms, you'll see a red panel coming right toward you above the buildings. Shoot that with the 2nd controller. Then zap it with your reloaded wing diver. Then hop like hell for the underpass to survive long enough to hit the brain on phase 3.

The rail gun tank should work for hitting red panels with the air raider. It's just a little tricky to position. You can also use him to give you a ride to the tunnel after you shoot the brain for phase 2.

You mean use the second controller (in my case the Ranger) to take out the red panels? Ok I think I got it thanks! Phase 3 should be pretty simple once you can get under the overpass, once shot to take out one of those purple things, second to kill the brain for good?....and even I die after shooting the the brain with the Gungnir for the third time I will get mission completed if I wait a while? Seems like a fucking pisser getting to the underpass though lol. Gonna give a try tonight and see how it goes, seems a good way to do it though. Thanks for the help!;)

You mean use the second controller (in my case the Ranger) to take out the red panels? Ok I think I got it thanks! Phase 3 should be pretty simple once you can get under the overpass, once shot to take out one of those purple things, second to kill the brain for good?....and even I die after shooting the the brain with the Gungnir for the third time I will get mission completed if I wait a while? Seems like a fucking pisser getting to the underpass though lol. Gonna give a try tonight and see how it goes, seems a good way to do it though. Thanks for the help!;)

Yeah, use the Ranger to down the red panels (Lysander Z should do). I never shot the purple panels at all. Just look for an opening. and yes, if the brain dies (or bee hive in the other mission) you get the win even if you die while it's going down.

Yeah, use the Rangebe to down the red panels (Lysander Z should do). I never shot the purple panels at all. Just look for an opening. and yes, if the brain dies (or bee hive in the other mission) you get the win even if you die while it's going down.

Wow, this worked perfectly! Did it on second go! I didn't go towards the underpass though I just stayed behind the buildings behind me the whole time. Had to shoot the Brain twice on Phase 3, maybe becasue one was still loading? Not sure if you equip two of the same weapons that both use wing energy if their power if affected or not. Sweet, just 84 left, should be easy but gonna do it t/row. Many thanx :dance:

Then I equipped the Lysander F and, I shit you not, the Z turned up the very next mission. lol

I'm now down to the last one - a Lv 66 Armed Armored Grape M9 Ground Vehicle. I have been trying for the last 3 days to get it, I've basically used every single grape type on Lv 82 hardest but it just won't appear. I just don't get why it won't appear, it must be what a 1 in 3 chance or better but it alludes me.

Finally got it! After three days of doing the same level and rotating the Grape I was equipping I tried the one thing I forgot, to cancel off any 'new' tags on existing pick-ups and then it popped on the next run?!?

Viper:

"The rail gun tank should work for hitting red panels with the air raider. It's just a little tricky to position. You can also use him to give you a ride to the tunnel after you shoot the brain for phase 2." front of me a

I'm doing this now. I see what you mean about it being tricky to line the tank up. Where abouts do you get the tank to spawn at the very start? I throw the thing in the water in front of me as soon as the mission starts to spawn the tank and take out the same red panel as I do with the Ranger (using the main gun, where u can also drive the tank at same time). But which red panel did you destroy in phase 2? This part is pretty tricky!

Viper:

"The rail gun tank should work for hitting red panels with the air raider. It's just a little tricky to position. You can also use him to give you a ride to the tunnel after you shoot the brain for phase 2." front of me a

I'm doing this now. I see what you mean about it being tricky to line the tank up. Where abouts do you get the tank to spawn at the very start? I throw the thing in the water in front of me as soon as the mission starts to spawn the tank and take out the same red panel as I do with the Ranger (using the main gun, where u can also drive the tank at same time). But which red panel did you destroy in phase 2? This part is pretty tricky!

It's behind and to the left of the start. As the panels rotate, it comes right along the front of the buildings behind you. Remember you can park on any small incline to point higher.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know a good tactic for the last mission with WD/Fencer on inferno? cant seem to take out any of the red panels with the Fencer unless im missing a good longe range weapon?

I'd split screen either of those with the Ranger with 2 Lysander Z weapons..

It makes that last mission a hell of a lot easier than most of the other weapons.. Especially if you stick near the underpass for protection.

It makes that last mission a hell of a lot easier than most of the other weapons.. Especially if you stick near the underpass for protection.

No, that's the slow way. There's a battle cannon for Fencer that does 10k damage per shot. Put that on him, and double Gungnirs on Wing Diver. Phase 1, pop the panel in front of you and a little right. 2nd phase, hit the one behind and left of where you start. It comes right along the front of the buildings behind you. When you hit the brain for phase 2, I suggest hopping toward the tunnel to survive the reload, but you can get lucky sometimes just hiding between the buildings. Get a clear shot between the purple panels and you're done. Just don't shoot until they start moving cause the brain doesn't seem to take damage right away.

Sorry, i think i misworded my post, i meant a tactic using the WD on controller 1 and pulling the Fencer through in splitscreen on controller 2 to get his achievement. Its the very last mission i need then ive finished all missions on all difficulties (minus easy) with all classes. My WD has two Gungnirs but I just wondered if there was any decent weapons for the Fencer so I can use him on controller 2 to easily take out the red panels. ;)

No, that's the slow way. There's a battle cannon for Fencer that does 10k damage per shot. Put that on him, and double Gungnirs on Wing Diver. Phase 1, pop the panel in front of you and a little right. 2nd phase, hit the one behind and left of where you start. It comes right along the front of the buildings behind you. When you hit the brain for phase 2, I suggest hopping toward the tunnel to survive the reload, but you can get lucky sometimes just hiding between the buildings. Get a clear shot between the purple panels and you're done. Just don't shoot until they start moving cause the brain doesn't seem to take damage right away.

ahh ok thanks, do you know the name of the battle cannon or which heading is it under? im guessing its a Missile Launcher?

ahh ok thanks, do you know the name of the battle cannon or which heading is it under? im guessing its a Missile Launcher?

It's a sniper, not explosive. It's something like '35MM Battle Cannon.' There should be a few listed under one of the types, but this one does 10k damage. It should be under artillery or heavy artillery?

edit: I had it listed in the original post. lol "35mm Gallic Heavy Cannon "

I went a different way (after getting my WD up to a high 5 figure armour).

1. You cannot control both characters effectively once you get to inferno, pic one and let the other die, they can sometimes still attract foes once even dead. Don't forget you only have to do each level once between 2 characters, redo the player 2 on an easier level.

2. On the last level I took time and flew around just shooting the roof with the thunder bow, take out the firing placements and you don't get shot at. It's better to be safe and shoot the red orbs with the Monster S and only bet grounded for a few seconds than use the Gungir and be a sitting duck for ages. Not only that, they drop items and it leaves loads of health lying around.

3. Once the Walkers drop, I sued distance and speed and removed them with a high priority.

4. If you are full of health and happen to be near your fencer, heal him and then move on to use him as a decoy to buy you more time.

5. Once the last stage happens, quickly destroy a few purple hexagons and then go back to flying in a large loop pattern slowly taking the center down.

That what worked for my WD/Fencer, I then redid 25 offline to get the other players completion achievement.

(I truthfully did WD/F first and then got the Fencers achievement last cause I didn't want to p1ss you off, Ratpoizen, as you hadn't got it yet yourself.)

Finally, by now you have probably got the weapons achievements and grabbing armor on this level is a waste of time, so break that habit and only grab health when needed.

Haha, nah I'm not pissed off why would I be lol. Congratz on the 1000g Simon!! :bow:

Managed to do last mission first time though with Wd/Fencer once I knew which Fencer weapon to use to take down the red panels. I did it the quicker (and easier imo) way though and used 2 Gungnirs. Once you've shot the brain really quickly in Phase 1 your Gungnir is pretty much recharged by the time Phase 2's shit hits the fan. Shoot red panel number 2 with Fencer then brain again really quickly (through the smoke off the exploding red panel). I had both Gungnirs fully recharged safely way before the Dragons started spawning in Phase 3. Then I just blasted one purple ship then finally the brain. A dragon grabbed hold of me but luckily got I mission cleared before I went to zero health, not that it would have mattered. Just gotta find all weapons now then finally I'm done with this game lol. Exciting 390hours so far:eek:

Haha, nah I'm not pissed off why would I be lol. Congratz on the 1000g Simon!! :bow:

Managed to do last mission first time though with Wd/Fencer once I knew which Fencer weapon to use to take down the red panels. I did it the quicker (and easier imo) way though and used 2 Gungnirs. Once you've shot the brain really quickly in Phase 1 your Gungnir is pretty much recharged by the time Phase 2's shit hits the fan. Shoot red panel number 2 with Fencer then brain again really quickly (through the smoke off the exploding red panel). I had both Gungnirs fully recharged safely way before the Dragons started spawning in Phase 3. Then I just blasted one purple ship then finally the brain. A dragon grabbed hold of me but luckily got I mission cleared before I went to zero health, not that it would have mattered. Just gotta find all weapons now then finally I'm done with this game lol. Exciting 390hours so far:eek:

Whoa, thats almost double my time and I thought I played it alot:p

Whoa, thats almost double my time and I thought I played it alot:p

I think I had 492 hours or something. I call it a bonus, if I've spent £40 on a game (yep they cost more in the UK, but that's a whole 'nuther thread) and I can get 300 - 400 hours out of it then I call it value for money. I think one of my longest on the 360 is near 1000 hours on Borderlands 1, which was about half the amount of time I put into Morrowind and a fraction of the time I put into a game years ago called Frontier.

• 2 months later...
Not a specific mission but how do you deal with Dragons? These things are insane on Inferno, must be some tactic I'm not thinking of.

The dragons seem to pick a target and then pile on top of the hapless person.

If this happens to be you, well, that hurts.

If it happens to be a fellow EDF NPC, lob explosives freely in that direction.

I also wonder if the Ranger's decoy gun might work?

Instead of pissing around with the tank I just used the Plasma battery gun so the Wing Diver can shoot Gungnir without penalty, way easier.

The only problem with that is there were a number of times that I would shoot one of those panels dead on, and the fucking shot would just go right through. I saw it with other things rarely, but I saw it with those panels a lot. I suppose it could've been lag if I was online, but I never really had a problem hitting anything else.