Offical Bitching Thread

AceBD

The Combat map challenges!, pretty hard if you ask me. But someone above stated that countering an gadgets are not needed. Will give that a try.

I also think the Main Story and Side Missions are way to short!. Kinda got the feeling that they put more effort in the challenge maps and collectibles

Crossbar--yes for combats its easiest if you just try and concentrate on making good hits everytime and worrying about countering. You do not need any gadgets as it might mess up your multipliers. Once you get to the Free Flow Focus it makes it so much easier to clear the board

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is great, probably one of the best games on Xbox 360 to date, but my god are the achievements bad. It was bad enough having to do all of the side missions twice and having to find 400 collectables but the challenges are just the worst.

I loved the challenges in Arkham Asylum, especially the combat ones. I've 1000g'd that game 3 times now and done some of the challenges for my friends and still enjoyed it.

Arkham City just has too many, doing 12 of each type was bad enough as 6 of them were just harder versions of the first 6 (should have been a hard mode you could pick so you only have to do it once), but then having to do all of them again in the 'Campaign missions' was just a joke, and then having to do every single one, exactly the same but as Catwoman. I'd love to play as Robin and Nightwing but am not looking forward to buying them as all I will be able to do is play the same shitty mission's that I've already done like 6 times.

Arkham Asylum's achievement list was great but this game's is horrendous, one of the worst I've seen in a while.

Loved the game, loved batman and his Combat and Predator Challenges, what I don't love?

Catwoman, she is terrible! pisses me right off how utterly useless she is in a fight, all the time she spends flailing around Batman spends beating the crap out of people, Robin is better than her for gods sake

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone having trouble pulling off Disarm & Destroy? It's a problem as I can't get my thumb over X and Y in time so Batman just ends up doing a standard strike...it's the only special combo move I have a problem with the rest my thumb can handle lol

Me too, with A+B I can use my thumb, ut with X+Y it required 2 fingers and sometimes I managed it but wasn't easy.

The only thing I can only bitch about is the lack of sp dlc. The game is great, but the bundle packs to re-obtain the medals you have might have already gotten in a different character is too much for me.

Is prey clear that rocksteady ran out of ideas with stuff to do with this game thats why even though they added new characters your doing the same crap over and over. It gets old very fast and once im bored game goes in the tradin pile. more could have been done to make this game much longer and keep ones intrest in it but campaign was way to short imo

• 1 month later...

F-ing stupid trophy inside a cage full of mines. I disable two mines. Then go and find other trophies nearby. I come back and the mines f-ing respawned. I'm supposed to sit here, twiddle my thumbs, and wait for the disruptor to recharge?

Whoever on the development team thought this was a good idea needs to be fired, then burned on the stake, then waterboarded, and then quartered. You're retarded and contribute to reasons that make games boring and lame.

F-ing stupid trophy inside a cage full of mines. I disable two mines. Then go and find other trophies nearby. I come back and the mines f-ing respawned. I'm supposed to sit here, twiddle my thumbs, and wait for the disruptor to recharge?

Whoever on the development team thought this was a good idea needs to be fired, then burned on the stake, then waterboarded, and then quartered. You're retarded and contribute to reasons that make games boring and lame.

I had that problem but honestly what I did was destroyed two mines and then I literally ran to get the trophy.

I lost probably 3/4 of my health, but I still got the trophy.

I loved the game. I liked how it wasn't all about the joker and I felt there was a lot of different villains used in the new game. I just really hate those challenge stuff. I really just don't like them. I mean I can't get those medals, I can sometimes get the silver medal, but usually I can only get the bronze. So for right now I have just taken a break from Arkham City because I just got most of the riddler trophies and I finally saved all the hostages.

I need a break from this game.

I had that problem but honestly what I did was destroyed two mines and then I literally ran to get the trophy.

I lost probably 3/4 of my health, but I still got the trophy.

I do realize you don't need to destroy all the mines, but my rage still stands.

I did not realize though that you can just run through the mines like you said. In another area of the game, there were mines and I tried to rush through them (before I unlocked the disruptor), but the explosion always threw me backwards so I could never move forward. I assumed the same would have happened here. If you're telling me otherwise, then there's another complaint -- inconsistency.

As I'm going through the challenges, I realized another reason why the combat can be wonky at times: the camera. It tries to adjust automatically, but if you're in tight quarters it doesn't adjust properly so you end up attacking someone you didn't mean to. I've lost many a combo's due to this.

my bitchin - the fucking Advanced AR Training. these can suck a fart out of my ass. i've tried and retried the first one at least 75 times and still can barely get into the f'ing tunnel.

the fact that THIS SHIT along with more and more annoying riddler 'fluff' are what are required to get a 100% complete game before going to NG+... suck it rocksteady. (riddler trophies are tied to what, 5, 6 achievements?)

i've never had a game that i like so much that i've pretty much given up on so quickly because of stupid crap like this.

i rage quit more in this game than in Dark F'ing Souls...

I love the game and I loved Batman AA. Both are 10/10 titles for me.

But the achievements in AA were much better than in AC. I could stomach the 21432152 riddler challenges and finding everything on the map, I even love combat and predator challenges and hell, even the campaigns are challenging and fun.

BUT, why do I have to do everything with 4 different characters that are not even fleshed out. Pls understand me, I love Batman, I really, really do, but this is a tad too much of the same and it gets repetitive.

The obvious solution would have been to make combat/predator challenges and the campaign and let the player choose what character to use. This would be more appropriate in terms of invested gametime and it would even have a strategical component. If I fail all the time with Batman, maybe Catwoman can do this easier?

Whatever, 3 campaigns and Batman is done, then hooray for Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing, who are waaaay harder to do because of the missing "disarm & destroy" move. Why leave that one away?

Collecting all of those Riddler achievements is really a pain in the ass. I have the last Riddler achievement (Genius) left, but I haven't played this game for months: it just feels too much of work to solve the last riddles. I wish the next Batman is Riddler free and I'd much rather play MP sessions than those frustrating challenges. SP must come first of course, but there could also be MP...

Collecting all of those Riddler achievements is really a pain in the ass. I have the last Riddler achievement (Genius) left, but I haven't played this game for months: it just feels too much of work to solve the last riddles. I wish the next Batman is Riddler free and I'd much rather play MP sessions than those frustrating challenges. SP must come first of course, but there could also be MP...

I could not disagree more. I think Batman is a purely single player experience that would be ruined by multiplayer. Look at Bioshock, B1 was amazing with a story to rival any video game. B2 came out and failed in so many ways. The multiplayer seemed forced and was noting compared to the original game. I hope if there is to be an "Arkham World" then the only multiplayer mode we see is a coop mode (ex: Batman and Robin). I could see that being pretty good and addictive, especially because you could expand the maps and create a much larger number of enemies to go up against in predator challenges. The timing would need to be pinpoint between you and your teammate and would thus make communication key.

Now after that little rant I will say that the riddler challenges are exhausting. There are 400+ but really you find so many just playing through the game. Also, doing them in chunks and taking breaks makes them seem a lot less intimidating. For example, go into an area of the game and try to knock out everything in that building. Then take a break, be it 15 minutes or 2 days and take on another area. Doing 40-50 at a time will make them seem to go pretty quickly. Hopefully this helps and gives you the drive you need to take down the riddler! The final meeting with him is very....satisfying...

I get your points and (partly) agree, but having a co-op mode would make those challenges a bit easier and more interesting to complete - at least for me. I will definitely solve all the riddles when I have some time; maybe after the release of the DLC and then it's time to start that new game+ mode.

Edited by Aidexx

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

400 riddler items is nothing compared to how many flags you gotta collect for AC, AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations.

Granted - it is a lot to do, but its one of those "showoff" achievements. No real skill needed as they are all located, but it shows " yeah...i took the time to do this"

More endurance than actual skill.....if you want skill achievements, head over to Ninja Gaiden 2 - and go for Master Ninja ( like me :-)

G/T - Alias DJA