Getting randomly logged out and back on?

Kairi

I've noticed today that for some reason, I keep getting logged out, but then logged back on again if I go to view another page. This happens a lot if I go to view the main site, and then I get logged back in if I go to view the forums. This has also happened while viewing my page and some areas of the forum, but happens a lot more often on the main part of the site. Is this a glitch or something? I have "Remember Me" checked off if that helps at all.

EDIT: I just realized I accidentally posted this in Feedback. :/ Could someone please move this to FAQ since that is where this topic belongs?

If you have the "Remember Me" box unchecked, check it before you log in next time. That should fix the problem.

As I stated in the OP, I have "Remember Me" checked off and I have also never had this issue before. I've always have been logged in; not being randomly logged off while viewing a page and then randomly logged back in a few pages later.

As I stated in the OP, I have "Remember Me" checked off and I have also never had this issue before. I've always have been logged in; not being randomly logged off while viewing a page and then randomly logged back in a few pages later.

When you said checked off, I thought you meant unchecked. My apologies. What browser are you using?

This mostly happens to me when on my phone and I try to go into settings or read my PMs and accidentally hit Log Out as I have fat fingers. Do you have fat fingers maybe?

I'm not accessing the site from my phone; this issue is happening on my MacBook.

Mind you if you ever delete your browsing history and have passwords selected then it will log you out of all the websites you've "Remembered" yourself on.

I haven't deleted any history either which is why I find it strange that I keep getting logged out and back on.

I'm not accessing the site from my phone; this issue is happening on my MacBook.

The same thing is happening to me and i'm currently using Safari on a Macbook, yet when i'm using Firefox on a Windows 7 based PC i'm never logged out. It only seems to happen when i'm opening a lot of pages in a short period of time.

• 3 weeks later...
Mind you if you ever delete your browsing history and have passwords selected then it will log you out of all the websites you've "Remembered" yourself on.

That's for deleting "Cookies" though, man.

I haven't deleted any history either which is why I find it strange that I keep getting logged out and back on.

That is honestly perplexing. I use Safari on my MacBook and this never happens to me. I have the "Remember Me" box checked off too and even if I were to clear my browsing history, I'm still always logged in. Even if I don't use the site for a week, I'm still logged in.

You're situation isn't making sense as to why it keeps logging you out :(

The same thing is happening to me and i'm currently using Safari on a Macbook, yet when i'm using Firefox on a Windows 7 based PC i'm never logged out. It only seems to happen when i'm opening a lot of pages in a short period of time.

That tend to happen to me too when I open a lot of pages, but it happened the most while randomly viewing the front page or a guide for some reason.

That is honestly perplexing. I use Safari on my MacBook and this never happens to me. I have the "Remember Me" box checked off too and even if I were to clear my browsing history, I'm still always logged in. Even if I don't use the site for a week, I'm still logged in.

You're situation isn't making sense as to why it keeps logging you out :(

This never happened to me either until about a month ago. It started happening often, but it isn't happening nearly as frequently as it was when the problem started. I think I've only been logged out once or twice in the past week or two which is good. I just don't understand why I kept getting logged out in the first place. :/

It for some reason logs you off after a certain length of inactivity.

I'm not being inactive at all when this is happening though.

It's been better but it still does it every once in a while at random. It used to never log me out. It's not like I've stopped checking the forums 89 times a day either.

It's been better for me too but still happening sometimes; I'm glad it's not occurring as much as it used to.