Achievement Guide and Roadmap

animusVOXone

Something I noticed and believe is worth mentioning: When using the "go all-in on every hand" strategy, don't do it on the first hand of a tournament. Play the first hand like normal (or just fold) and let it come to an end. That way, the game reaches a "save point" to continue from.

Starting a tournament takes $20K from your balance. So if you go all-in and lose on the first hand repeatedly, even if you quit/dashboard before the hand ends, you'll keep losing money starting new tournaments.

This is just based on my currenty limited experience with the Steam version. I've only just won my first tournament, so I don't know if, say, getting your bounty challenges or a character buying in with an item creates a "save point" at the start of a tournament.

That is a smart tip and I added it as a note in my playthrough method. Thanks!

I think it's also worth noting that Bounties don't actually unlock in any particular order. Sam's banjo was the first one offered to me, and if you end up losing a tournament that has a Bounty up for grabs, when you start a new tournament the game seems to choose another random Bounty to play for.

I think it's also worth noting that Bounties don't actually unlock in any particular order. Sam's banjo was the first one offered to me, and if you end up losing a tournament that has a Bounty up for grabs, when you start a new tournament the game seems to choose another random Bounty to play for.

This is right. I'm up for a bounty item right now and the first one that I got a chance to get is the orb from Brock.

Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't sure if they unlocked in any certain order, so I just had them up the way I unlocked them until I was sure. Anyways I updated the guide.

Well, I can't do that as I've already completed 2 out of the three bounties. Like I said.

Do the other achievements then start a new save to get new bounty challenges?

The "Unlock all the Things" achievement don't say it require every bounty items and I don't see any achievements in the list which require all of them at the same time.

Edited by davhuit

Do the other achievements then start a new save to get new bounty challenges?

The "Unlock all the Things" achievement don't say it require every bounty items and I don't see any achievements in the list which require all of them at the same time.

I started a new save. Pretty sure you have to have all the items unlocked at the same time.

Something I've been wondering about the 360 version (since, again, I only have the Steam version right now): When you press the dashboard button, does the game stop? I know there are some games where the game keeps going when you press the dashboard button, and others where "time stops".

Basically, let's say the game rolls a bad set of bounty challenges. Do you have to move fast to return to the dashboard before they lock in, or can you just press the dashboard button, then take your time exiting?

Basically, let's say the game rolls a bad set of bounty challenges. Do you have to move fast to return to the dashboard before they lock in, or can you just press the dashboard button, then take your time exiting?

Wait until it's your turn to fold/bet/raise and press RT to look at the bounties. If they are bad, dashboard and start again. The games saves after each hand so you can take your time.

From my experience every time I hit the "dashboard button" the game stops. Though I have only done this during the game and haven't had the chance to see if this works after challenges are selected.

There's a faster way than dashboard: when you loose disconnect profile.

You will be prompted to the game main menu.

Even faster if you disconnect from Live (take off the cable): you just need 15 seconds for the whole process.

Ayway the only tough task for this game was winning a showdown with just high card. Game is scripted, cards are not randomly extracted.

So it's way more difficult to win with high card than with flush.

Edited by uait

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah. I was wrong. Glados one is only unlocked once you got the other ones.

Anyway, winning with an high card is pretty easy, I got a lot of them.

Check here : http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5749792&postcount=22

Negative, winning with a high card is not easy. You have to win without you or any of the other players having any kind of pair, 3 of a kind, flush etc.

Edited by Simlaurel

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Poker Night 2 Achievement Guide

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone figured out if dashboarding before winning a final hand will dupe the "never below $10k" or "Win X% of hands" in the tournament?

Just curious as I've finished all the avatar awards so there's no more challenges but I've noticed that after exiting and continuing the tournament results in the Tournament screen at the end reading that 1/1 hands were played and won and thus 100% hands won and if so I'm guessing that would also negate never dropping below $10k in chips even if you did earlier before a reset. If so, those challenges are incredibly easy.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone figured out if dashboarding before winning a final hand will dupe the "never below $10k" or "Win X% of hands" in the tournament?

Just curious as I've finished all the avatar awards so there's no more challenges but I've noticed that after exiting and continuing the tournament results in the Tournament screen at the end reading that 1/1 hands were played and won and thus 100% hands won and if so I'm guessing that would also negate never dropping below $10k in chips even if you did earlier before a reset. If so, those challenges are incredibly easy.

Dashboarding worked for everything in this game for me. Otherwise it would have been a much longer, more annoying 400.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This guide/roadmap has been copied over to the Greenbook. This means that it is unfinished/unready to be published, and anybody is welcome to sign up to finish it off!

Each guide will have a brief paragraph describing what is needed to get it done and published.

If you can, please help us get this guide published to the site, and get your name eternally imprinted on the site!

If you are the OP, this doesn't mean you can't finish it off on your own, do that and we will remove it from the Greenbook :)

More information on Greenbook practices can be found in the Greenbook FAQ, here.

• 1 month later...
This guide/roadmap has been copied over to the Greenbook. This means that it is unfinished/unready to be published, and anybody is welcome to sign up to finish it off!

Each guide will have a brief paragraph describing what is needed to get it done and published.

If you can, please help us get this guide published to the site, and get your name eternally imprinted on the site!

If you are the OP, this doesn't mean you can't finish it off on your own, do that and we will remove it from the Greenbook :)

More information on Greenbook practices can be found in the Greenbook FAQ, here.

Does this guide even needs to be updated anymore? The "List of Contents" in the Greenbook hasn't been updated in a long time and this game still shows up for it. If it does need updating I'm happy to do it.

* Got my answer.

Edited by UnarmedReaper07