Altair v. Ezio

phenominality

Am i the only 1 who liked Altair better then Ezio? Ezio is alright, but i prefer to be an assassin who has questionable morals. Altair is not fighting to save his family or even get revenge. He kills because he enjoys it and he's good at it. End of story. The plot is not about him, its something bigger than one person.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say Altair enjoys the killing. At least, not in the cutscenes. If you went around killing a bunch of poor people outside of your mission, then I guess he could be portrayed as blood-thirsty. But bloodlust or not, I like Altair because he knew how to throw knives. Ezio needs two, maybe three throwing knives to take down a guard. Altair always downed them in one. Hell yeah, Altair.

I wouldn't say Altair enjoys the killing. At least, not in the cutscenes. If you went around killing a bunch of poor people outside of your mission, then I guess he could be portrayed as blood-thirsty.

I think he DID enjoy killing, but people he thought deserved it or if their deaths served some sort of greater purpose. Let's not forget in the beginning he was very unruly, and failed to adhere to the assassin code of not harming civilians. He changed somewhat, but he was always talented at killing; and i believe he enjoyed it.

PS: Ezio does seem weaker (it takes him several more blows to kill anyone it seems, using any tool). This is just cuz they made the game more challenging. In the previous, Altair could just stand there and counter the hordes of soldiers willing to throw themselves on his sword.

I would have to pick Ezio, 1.He knows how to get the ladies, not only that but he has an enjoyable to play personality. 2.He has better weapons, 2 hidden blades is SWEET!!! 3. The dudes got a gun :uzi:....i think that seals the deal.

Perhaps Eizo hasn't grown on me yet and I have admired Altiar for maybe two years now so I prefer the middle age assassin. (Spoiler) Seeing him in a flashback sequence in Acre really makes me jump in joy, much like what you do when you see Yoda in Republic Commando.

I agree on most comments above and Eizo definitely seems more approachable than Altair but that doesn't really bother me because in the game you are that assassin. You don't get scared if you play Darth Vader himself.

• 4 weeks later...
I like Altair because he knew how to throw knives. Ezio needs two, maybe three throwing knives to take down a guard. Altair always downed them in one. Hell yeah, Altair.

This sounds like an awesome reason to me, i used to love throwing knives in ACI but was very disappointed in ACII where they dont actually work...

However the poison of Ezio more than makes up for that, it is so freaking cool, being able to basically kill in broad daylight with loads of people around without any alarms being tripped etc. For the poison, double blades, and smoke bombs it has to be ezio.

But in terms of the character Altair seemed to have more attitude where Ezio feels a bit like a child at times.

As someone else said Altair is definitely more Badass!!

Altair is alot more serious and direct than Ezio, when he speaks its straight to business and very direct, and yes he does have less character than Ezio. Ezio is quite a cheeky, charming character who has a way with the ladies and is generally more friendly and sociable with those around him...unlike Altair who can be quite threatening and sharp.

I would say Altair is more of a stone cold Assassin, whereas Ezio is a hot blooded fighter.

Altair, because he looked more bad ass. Ezio is too pretty.

Ezio's armor looked WAY more badass than Altair's robes. Once you get Altair's armor, Ezio looks awesome but when it was sitting behind that cage, I was not looking forward to getting it all that much simply because I didn't want to look like a monk again. I also liked that Ezio could climb much faster.

As for the throwing knife argument....Ezio has a gun. That old saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight comes to mind :p

I liked Altair's character a bit more though. They're both awesome though.

McE

I like them both. Ezio has more variety on the weapons and clothes and different dyes. Altair was just a bad ass though lol.

I bought Altair's Outfit on Assassin's Creed ll from the Uplay thing :) Idk if anyone else tried it but its pretty cool. Dresses Ezio up in the robes