Kinect TV Sensor Mount.. Required?

ferrara316

I have a fairly large room and i received a kinect and a mount to go with it for Xmas. I have a fairly large horizontal room and decent size TV stand. Does everyone have this or is it totally useless. Im going to test the kinect out without it, and if it looks like its totally pointless. Im gonna return that crap for another game..

Just want to see anyone's opinion on whether its better or its pointless.

Thanks guys and gals!

Having just had my Kinect attempt suicide on me, I wouldn't disuade you from buying it. If you want it or think you need it, then you can get it.

Kinect was looking me up and down when it started up and leaned too far forward fell off the front of the TV. Fortunately, I didn't give it enough slack in the cable to fall all the way. If you have it, I would keep it.

I haven't got one, mine sits on the base stand of my TV, which is about 2-3 foot off the floor. No problems detecting, no falls, no problems.

My only advice would be if you haven't used it before don't balance it then turn it on as it scans up and down on start-up altering the centre of weight of the object which could make it fall.

Enjoy it though, great piece of technology!