Clive Barker's Jericho 2?!?

I spent a few hours trying to find news, I guess I looked in all the wrong places. Clive Barker's official site references there WILL be a second game released.

http://www.clivebarker.info/newothersb.html#codemasters

Also, the more I looked into this and more I contacted people, I guess there was a petition made, that is reviews by Clive [supposedly, I doubt it] but either way, might as well post the link too.

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/jericho2

From the looks and the hinting about how the next game will start off, and how all the characters will be back, I think it's looking good!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are numerous reason, but I'll keep it short.

1) This is a unique kind of game for the 360, which releases a new fucking war game every week.

2) It has one of the most unique storyline of any game I have played. Though the actual game play lacked a little.

3) I am a fan of horror game, and in just that category it was original. Most horror style game released these days are the same shit regurgitated.

4) It has a very unique character set-up. Either character having their own supernatural power

5) It's has some fact to it. There are Gnostic scripts that talk of a first born, and individuals that keep it's hell hole locked up. And the reference to World War II and the Roman Empire are correct, the holding place [which in scripture was never named] was referred too in historical books]

6) In just an aspect, I have never become so "obsessed" with a game before. This took me 2 weeks to beat, but because it was hard, because I didn't want to beat it, I took my sweet time.

You also have to take in account personal opinion, I thought games like Gears of War and Deadrising were garbage, with some people love those games. It's a matter of taste.

On a personal note, I don't think online co-op would add too much, but I know a lot of people would go for it, and would give the game a better reputation, it's got bombed for not having any kind of online play. I heard suggestions for a versus mode, but I think, as much as I love online versus, that would kill the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah, a prequel going in depth for all the characters and how Jericho was formed would be the shit.

It would be nice, maybe as a book or something. I just think that, despite the fact that I'd like to know how they got together, it simply can't be as epic or thrilling as the first game, simply because the big bad guy has been "defeated" and the doomsday scenario apparently averted. Something continuing on would be nice, taking the story further, or maybe something which allows you to trek into hell again, possibly using a site of religious interest in the middle east as a catalyst for the trouble.