Beat Hardcore in under three hours with 2 kills and without dying

myjillvalentine

It is important you follow this guide closely and if you mess up a single step, YOU WILL DIE.

Step 1: Start the game, choose to be female, take everything in the Doc's house then use the vigor tester machine, choose to have 3 STR, 10 END, 4 PER, 10 INT, 10 AGL, 2 LCK, CH 1

Make sure tag skills are, survival, speech and barter.

Requirements by the endgame

At level 2 pick the black widow perk

At level 4 pick the educated perk

At level 6 pick the travel light perk

Make sure you have 45 Survival by level 6, 95 speech by the endgame and put spare points in to medicine.

Step 2: Turn on Hardcore mode when prompted then leave and go to the prospector saloon, talk to sunny smiles about the areas outside goodsprings, then place a marker on Sloan on your world map (to the east), go into the general store next to the Saloon and sell everything apart from food, stimpacks and armour to Chet then by a pre-war outfit (if available) and some food and stimpacks (in case you screw up or meet Cazadores).

Exit and head east to Sloan, from Sloan head across the tracks until you reach Hidden Valley, jumping across various scorpions, go southeast to Scorpion Gulch and jump over the various Scorpions while heading east to the back of Helios One, head north-west from there until you reach El Dorado Substation then head round the mountain in front of you and go north-west till you get to 188 Trading Outpost (Recruit Veronica-must not be missed) head Norh-west from there until you see a water pipe, follow it North until you reach Durable Duns Sacked Caravan and loot both thugs for their combat armour then head north-west to New Vegas Clinic, enter Crimson Caravan Company to the left and sell the dearest Combat Armour to the Doctor there, exit then go round to Gun Runners and sell the other armour.

Step 3:Enter Freeside and go through until you reach the Strip Gate, pay the 2000 caps you got from the Armour and leave Veronica outside the Tops the enter (you'll level up 4 times)choose the [black Widow] choices then follow Benny to his suite, choose to have sex with him and choose [<Kill Benny>] then take his suit (DO NOT EVER SELL) and talk to Yes Man about the Tribes you should get to know, for the White Glove society enter the Ultra-Luxe and talk to Mortimer then leave, enter Gommorah then leave, tell Veronica to follow you then Fast Travel to Hidden Valley, go into the Bunker on your middle left, after talking with Ramos leave,, head to the Monorail Station across from the Tops, run through and get on the train,when you arrive in camp mcarran head West and head up the mountain and go left for a while to reach Red Rock Canyon, keep talking to the girl Khan patrolling the area 'till you receive a notification then fast travel to the Clinic and head on the right until you see a road and follow it until you see a man who mentions a bet involving the boomers (Save here).

Step 4: Head forward going in and out of houses to avoid the explosions (Veronica may die here so prepare for sadness) once you're at the gate agree with Rochelle, talk to Pearl then leave, fast travel to the strip and enter the Lucky 38, use the terminals and run to kill Mr. House then meet Yes Man in the Tops, tell him about each tribe and to ignore them then choose to meet him in the Lucky 38, after the demonstration he will mention President Kimball choose [i don't care about Kimball] once the conversation's over exit then fast travel to El Dorado Station and run for the terminal and put in the chip, run out fast and tap your pip-boy button fast then fast travel to the strip, put on Benny's suit and go to the Lucky 38.

Step 5:Initiate the endgame, run past every enemy in the dam, talk to the Power Armour NCR troops and tell them the captain's in trouble, finish your objectives and head outside, run past everyone until you reach the Legate's camp then run past every enemy until you meet the Legate, choose every [speech] choice then choose 'There is victory in wisdom, Legate' then choose the speech challenge, head to the gate and choose 'I'd like to introduce you to some friends' then choose 'I see, Yes Man, throw the Colonel from the Dam'

Congrats, it's done.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING UNLESS IT's TO DO WITH THE GUIDE, I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK I'M RUDE OR YOU DON'T LIKE SPEEDRUNS, THIS GUIDE IS TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY, I know the title says three hours and the reason I then said it's faster is I replayed and just posted to say it can be faster!

Credit to:Sirmix69, for pointing out the Charisma error I made, Mister Lou for pointing out a error in directions, Planetfallout.com and to YOU for making this guide worth writing ^^

Edited by myjillvalentine

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHAHAHHAHAHA i love the part i didnt realized as i was reading.. scrolled down. "i will finish the rest later~!""" i just rick rolled myself rofl rorlforlforl!??? There are many guides about this, the other one is in 3 hours i think. As someone who beat hardcore without using guides, just when the game came out i can tell you that its not hard at all. Beating it under 3 hours in hardcore mode is just really doing a speed run.

Firstly, I have seen many guides on here that weren't completed in one post, I'm sorry I have a job and need to go to work early, this guide is not like the other one posted on here, this is a different method and faster too as I re-ran it today and I beat it in 1hr 49mins to answer your statement it is a speedrun correct me if Im wrong but would you want to spend a long time playing hardcore.

It being a speedrun is irrelevant.

EDIT: I have edited the first post and the guide is complete as I'm now back from work.

It being a speed run is not irrelevant because your trying to finish the game as fast as possible. i wouldn't want to play hardcore mode a long time b/c ammo has weight. I played harcore before there was a "guide" and i did find now i have to admit i played Fallout 3 for over 100 hrs collecting all rare unique weapons and doing unmark quest so i'm more Beastly then your average player. So yeah You can beat Hardcore mode pretty easy if you do Yes man side story its all so simple in new vegas also with the XP exploits and cap exploits you could get the full 1,000 G in like 5 to 8 hours.

It being a speed run is not irrelevant because your trying to finish the game as fast as possible. i wouldn't want to play hardcore mode a long time b/c ammo has weight. I played harcore before there was a "guide" and i did find now i have to admit i played Fallout 3 for over 100 hrs collecting all rare unique weapons and doing unmark quest so i'm more Beastly then your average player. So yeah You can beat Hardcore mode pretty easy if you do Yes man side story its all so simple in new vegas also with the XP exploits and cap exploits you could get the full 1,000 G in like 5 to 8 hours.

It is irrelevant as the whole purpose of this site is to help get an achievement easily, the fact that this method is fast is just an added bonus but was not a sole intention.

"to answer your statement it is a speedrun correct me if Im wrong but would you want to spend a long time playing hardcore."

Um...yes. In fact a group of my friends and I played a Diablo-inspired Hardcore mode for the first 2 weeks after release. You die, you delete and start over. It was fun. Not everyone hates Hardcore mode >_>

Also, if you're going to write a guide like all the others that say 3 hours, maybe you should have stated it takes under 2 hours instead of under 3? Under 3 is essentially the same as around 3 hours. People would care more if you noted that it takes significantly less time.

so yeah good guide ended up with total of three hours and 51 minutes really helpful guide only problem i had was directions to gun runners and great khans had me walking in circles for a little while but apart from that worked brilliant

so yeah good guide ended up with total of three hours and 51 minutes really helpful guide only problem i had was directions to gun runners and great khans had me walking in circles for a little while but apart from that worked brilliant

I have edited the Gun Runners directions and the Great Khan place can be a tad confusing as it's hard to describe, I'm glad my guide helped with your achievement and have a good day.

You're the first person to thank me, at least my guide was worthwhile then :)

"to answer your statement it is a speedrun correct me if Im wrong but would you want to spend a long time playing hardcore."

Um...yes. In fact a group of my friends and I played a Diablo-inspired Hardcore mode for the first 2 weeks after release. You die, you delete and start over. It was fun. Not everyone hates Hardcore mode >_>

Also, if you're going to write a guide like all the others that say 3 hours, maybe you should have stated it takes under 2 hours instead of under 3? Under 3 is essentially the same as around 3 hours. People would care more if you noted that it takes significantly less time.

IMO, anything under 30 hours for a fallout game is considered a speedrun. lol

I did this and I beat hardcore in around 3 hours myself. I stopped once to eat and left the game running.

Really good guide so far. One thing I noticed: you say to go northeast to Scorpion Gulch from Hidden Valley. That should read southeast. I wandered around NE for a while, until I looked up the SG location on the New Vegas wiki.

Other than that, your guide is pretty clear and easy to follow. Thanks for doing the hard work for us!

EDIT: Done! There was one other direction discrepancy I noticed. Helios One is east of Scorpion Gulch, not north. If you'd like, I could try to make a map to go with the guide that shows what route to travel for step 2. I won't right now as I'm falling asleep writing this. :D

Two more (minor) things you may want to add: (1) you might want to warn your guide readers that when heading west to Red Rock Canyon, you're going to run into some fiends, so make sure you've got some stimpacks and doctor's bags and (2) after you overload the generator in the dam, a 4 or 5 NCR troops (at least one or two of those being heavies) will attack with guns and flamethrowers. It's not hard to get past them, but if you get turned around looking for the east exit (like I did) you may get cornered and gunned down.

But again, helluva job with the guide myjillvalentine!

Edited by Mister Lou

First off thank you, as you read this I will have edited :D

I did say to run in and tap B as fast as possible when you leave El Dorado, for the 'friends' you may run into with 10 AGL they never manage to hurt you so long as you carry on moving ^^

For pointing out my tedious errors I have given you a mention in the guide.

Thanks!

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. The part I meant where you get attacked by the NCR troops is in step 5. After you tell the power armor guards that the captain is in trouble and talk to Yes Man, he tells you to go overload the dam's generators. It's through the door "Hoover Dam Power Plant 1." You go out onto a little walkway/balcony and flip a switch. Even though I had Veronica and a Securitron with me, they both went down in seconds (even on very easy!) and I got the crap kicked out of me. It took me two tries because I couldn't find the exit quickly enough. I still got to the end without a problem, but I didn't have any doctor's bags left so my head injuries kept making everything blurry.

Your guide is nice and concise, so you probably don't want to add all of this. :D