ummm.. that's it?!

Jack Napier

Everybody complaining about how short it was, did you go to the Market first? If so, then you skipped out on a good 10-15 more minutes of gameplay. There's two more interrogations and a little extra stuff at the soup factory.

Yea i completely skipped out on that part im going to have to replay to get that missing clue aswell.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody complaining about how short it was, did you go to the Market first? If so, then you skipped out on a good 10-15 more minutes of gameplay. There's two more interrogations and a little extra stuff at the soup factory.

just got done doin that for 5 stars.. it did add on another 10 min or so. I'm still lightweight disappointed. ah well.. overall, still a damn good game.

It was short, but since it was Vice, it doesn't bother me. Shorter cases means less time with that massive piece of shit Roy.

No, I went to the market first because that was an achievement (and ended up with the 12/13 clues 2/2 questions ending). Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to play again even though it means more time in Roy Hell.

In a recent Game Informer magazine i read it said something about two entire desks (burglary and something else) that were left out of the game. I would much rather pay 800 or even 1200 points and have one of those desks as a dlc as opposed to 340 for one short case.
Yeah, after you get promoted at the end of traffic and show up in homicide, they mention that you just came over from burglary. So having at least one entire desk cut makes sense. It would be nice to see it as DLC if possible, although with all the reports of how shit a boss McNamara is and how Rockstar wants nothing more to do with Team Bondi, I won't be holding my breath for that.

That would take 6-10 GB of data. There's no way in hell they would release a DLC that big.

As for the achievements for this one. PATHETIC. Just like ALL the DLC achievements.

They could do a desk in two parts :p

Anyway i know i'm dreaming pretty sure i heard that this was the last DLC? Oh well great game with ok DLC.

So rockstar and team bondi are having issues? too bad that the DLC's suffer because of that.. havent place the reefer one but from what Ive read here and other places and experience from the previous one Im only getting it for the Acheevos and because i already bought the rockstar pass..

I see why the rockstar pass was only $10.. these dlc cases are anemic. finished this in 15 min no lie. I need to stop gettin my hopes up. please tell me there'll be one more case.. an epic one tho.

sidenote: the achievements are pathetically easy to unlock.

Yeah, this was by far the easiest DLC of the bunch. Kinda glad I can be done with this game tho...

Perhaps I'm wrong, but all these DLC cases were just cases that were cut from the main game. So to all these people saying "These cases are too short and not epic enough!" Of course they aren't epic. They were cases cut from the main game and later released as DLC. There isn't anything that was supposed to be special about them, other than they didn't make the cut into the main game.

They should make one more homicide case, make it like a quadruple homicide or something like that. I know Homicide has the most cases in the story but no dlc based on the homicide desk! But that's just something I would like to see haha.

They probably didn't do any homicide DLC because all of the homicide cases are tied together and come together with the final homicide case, which works really well when playing through the homicide cases. It was pretty clear that someone else was committing the murders, at least to me. Having a random DLC case in between would just make it confusing and it'd be out of place.

looks like more dlc is on the way so ummmmm no that's no it, hope its more interesting than the last lot thought,

They made a statement as wide open as the universe is big, they didn't confirm anything so ummmmmm no we don't know for a fact that there is more DLC.

It could be a standalone retail release for all we know. If they even bother going through with it.

Yeah Reefer Madness did feel 'blink and you'll miss it' short, I too felt that Nicholson Electroplating would have been a far greater finale to the hopefully first batch of DLC.

Obviously as people know these are leftovers from the original game packaged as DLC, but would love to see some DLC made for an add-on release not just reworked original content that was missed.

Would love to see a GTA IV 'Ballad of Gay Tony' style stand-alone disc package of cases, or Red Dead 'Undead Nightmare Collection' style release.

Obviously as people know these are leftovers from the original game packaged as DLC, but would love to see some DLC made for an add-on release not just reworked original content that was missed.

Really? How exactly do we "obviously" know this?

The fact that the burglary and fraud desks were cut is something that we know.

So please, share with us how we know for a fact that the four DLC were cut from the game.

I thought they were leftovers to be honest, as it does seem they were cut, just like scenes are in movies. It certainly leans toward them being cut rather than being made as intentional DLC.

A separate desk, different character, different plot - would of been a good direction to go in. They could of used one of the other cops quite easily, and if that plot inter-twined with Phelps's investigations, then that could of been real intrigue.

No, we got leftovers.

For anyone thinking about selling the game now is a very good time. I just got back from a local game store with $30 store credit for it.

The guy behind the desk said they got a lot of them coming in for trades but since they're still selling strongly they can offer good money for used copies.

Is anyone still getting $30? I bought it new for only $40, so netting only $10 to play this game would be a huge bargain. :D

Would love to see a GTA IV 'Ballad of Gay Tony' style stand-alone disc package of cases, or Red Dead 'Undead Nightmare Collection' style release.

As it stands the game generally follows a one desk per disc rule with a little overlap here and there. An add-on content pack would work well if the Burglary and Bunco desks would fit on one dvd per desk. Hopefully they'll follow GTA IV and RDR and release DLC and disc sets for these desks.

• 8 months later...
That would take 6-10 GB of data. There's no way in hell they would release a DLC that big.

It wouldn't be anywhere near that big, the size of the game comes from the city itself, as thats on disc already then they wouldn't include it, the size of a whole new desk with say 4-5 cases would be roughly the size of 5 DLC releases.