Lost Episode 1 - 10/10 Difficulty

Yes, surprisingly the DLC that has just one achievement, is really that bad.

Clearing all the missions is not done simply by clearing story episodes, but an actual fighting game style mission mode that will aggravate you to no end.

Easy difficulty proves to be of no difference and the Obliterator gauge, that we've been so overly dependent on, is useless.

The DLC starts out as a story chapter.

After you clear that, you can choose mission mode.

They are, ranked by my estimated difficulty:

-Get a K.O. with a special attack!

5/10 difficulty

-Get a K.O. with health 50% gone!

3/10 difficulty

-Perform a 15-hit combo!

NA/10 difficulty

Jump, hit with air attacks, followed by the standard ground attacks, and follow that into the Y button prompt that appears once he's grounded.

-Get a K.O. in 40 seconds or less!

6-7/10 difficulty

Good luck with this one. If he hits you with his special, the cut scene will take like 10 seconds.

-Get a perfect K.O!

9-10/10 difficulty

That's right! 1 hit and you lose!

The most frustrating thing is that when you get tapped just once, you are punished by the unnecessary 20+ seconds of time it takes to try again. Expect to lose hundreds of times and also expect to die within the first damn second of the fight. The opponent has total priority when attacking, the charge move has 100% priority. There's nothing you can do but stay out of his range for that.

Be prepared to game over hundreds of times as this is heavily luck based and absurdly cheap. This DLC pack is by far harder than anything in Asura's Wrath or even Street Fighter x Tekken. This was only an informative post to tell you how cheap this is. I suggest backing off from it and save your money

Edited by gillwolda

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that bad imo. On the 5th mission, just jump back and forth with the air projectile, and if you see it connect when jumping forward, do this combo: B chain (wait until the hit after the series of three quick punches), hold B, jump, BBB, hold B, Y. This should do around 40-45%. In the corner, I think you can do this after the hold B: jump, B, Hold B, B chain, Y. Those two together should be sufficient to kill him. If he has like 5% left, try to kill him with air projectiles, and pray to god that he does't do a well-timed EX Hadoken.

Took me maybe 15 tries.

For the 40-second one, try not to counter his tatsu, not worth the time. Try to use a similar strategy to the one mentioned above to kill him as fast as possible. If you have him in a combo and time is about to run out, just let him fall and do your Special Attack and, if you're lucky, that's enough.

Hmmm that's a little dissapointing. I'll be checking this out tonight though. I want the game to be 100% completed :)

You can't have 100% yet since Lost episode 2 has an achievement too.

Which will cost money as well. Thanks capcom! 3 additional packs required so far for 100%.

After finally clearing the fifth and final mission, I assure you, it is extremely difficult. I imagine it took at least 100 tries across 2.5 hours. Having fully mastered everything of what little you can do, it was still near impossible.

Jump, shoot, roll, attack, heavy attack, while you're asshole opponent has 10x more moves.

One thing to note is that if you decide to be defensive and "Hadoken spam" him from a distance, the only thing that can hit you is his EX hadoken shot that splits when you shoot a hadoken at it. So watch his combo meter HUD at the bottom of the screen. If it fills one meter, he'll likely use it.

You also decided to not heed my warning and play it anyway. I curse you with the utmost unfortunate of luck, something you will rely upon heavily, in this luck-based DLC.

Edited by gillwolda

Yes, surprisingly the DLC that has just one achievement, is really that bad.

Clearing all the missions is not done simply by clearing story episodes, but an actual fighting game style mission mode that will aggravate you to no end.

Easy difficulty proves to be of no difference and the Obliterator gauge, that we've been so overly dependent on, is useless.

-Get a perfect K.O!

9-10/10 difficulty

That's right! 1 hit and you lose!

The most frustrating thing is that when you get tapped just once, you are punished by the unnecessary 20+ seconds of time it takes to try again. Expect to lose hundreds of times and also expect to die within the first damn second of the fight. The opponent has total priority when attacking, the charge move has 100% priority. There's nothing you can do but stay out of his range for that.

I suggest backing off from it and save your money

1. This is why we need bitching threads...

2. Don't be depented on obliterator gauge! Learn to actually play the game.

There is major difference in hard and easy difficulty; on easy you take little to no damage and on hard you die out of two or three combos.

3. I wouldn't say that its 10/10 (more like 5/10 IMO lol) but I agree with you that its partially luck based and that it takes stupid amount of time to try it again after dying.

Also if you see Ryu doing his focus attack (charge) just stay away and punish him after the punch, if you're close just jump on his other side. He always charges it to max if you don't try to hit him.

4. Save your money? If ~2€ is too much for this awesome but short crossover episode then I hope you haven't paid ~10-16€ for some kind of map packs :D

Also I think these DLCs are the first DLCs that give you more than you paid for!

I think the major problem for me with the dlc is not the difficulty, its just that its not the game I want to play. If I want to play Street Fighter I will go play Street Fighter.

The reason I loved Asura's Wrath was because it was so different to anything out there but this dlc is basically from a different game and I can't help feeling disappointed after the non-stop awesomeness that was the episode IV dlc.

LMAO!

So here I have Asuras Wrath, a QTE/Action game and then out of nowhere it turns into A FIGHTER!?

Is this what it has come to? Capcom has run out of ways to stretch their Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade, Super 21 Jump Street Fighter 4 Enhanced Ultimate edition. So now you will be playing Resident Evil and a Wesker fight will turn into a Street Fighter match or will they figure out a way to shoe horn Street Fighter into Dragons Dogma, Devil May Cry.

Its not about learning how to play without the Obliterator gauge or anything Asuras Wrath related. Its all about being able to play a whole different game.

I really wanted to continue to support this great game in the hopes of future titles but I don't like or want to play Street Fighter.

Edited by DOPE BOI

To be fair to D0pe all we knew about this dlc pre release was a couple of screenshots, not that they were basically going to change the gameplay mechanics to that of another game.

I have no problem with Ryu and Akuma showing up in the Asura's Wrath universe but I would of prefered if it had been handled in the same way as all the previous Asura's Wrath episodes, as opposed to a 60 second fight on the moon and a quick SF round.

Then don't? We knew since before release this DLC was coming, so you have no right to complain about it now. If you want the achi, deal with it. If not, don't buy the DLC.
First thanks to the OP for the info.

I am a owner of a game store and part of this games fanbase. I fully support the real game and gameplay of Asuras Wrath. I made sure to have myself and my employees make unaware customers informed of this game. I consider it fresh and a awesome game that has the best boss fight/DLC I have ever played. So I was very excited for more, only to find that they took everything that the game is and replaced it with its same tired/rehashed Street Fighter. They already have 16 versions of Street Fighter 4; could they not wait until Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 to have Asura and them in a fighter.

I LOVE Asuras Wrath and stated that I want to support it fully and want a sequel. Yet I wont buy this DLC because I don't like Street Fighter or Fighters in general. I don't buy DLC for achievements I buy them based on if I like the game enough to warrant further play.

I figured my first post would have expressed that I'm not going to buy but want this game to sell.

All I seen was screen shots of the characters and I said cool as long as it plays like Asuras Wrath and yet sadly NO it doesn't. My complaint is valid and if I have no right to express my opinion, then what was you doing stating yours about my post. Don't like what I said read it and keep it pushing lil man.

All I seen was screen shots of the characters and I said cool as long as it plays like Asuras Wrath and yet sadly NO it doesn't. My complaint is valid and if I have no right to express my opinion, then what was you doing stating yours about my post. Don't like what I said read it and keep it pushing lil man.

Well, if you never planned to buy it, then disregard my post. It was directed at achievement-hunters who couldn't handle a little change and instead whined about not being able to get their precious 15 Gs.

I'll still buy em to support a great game, but at least I know after these two last packs I can trade the game in towards something else. Not that I don't love every minute of the game, but I'm at that point where I could stop playing and not miss it.

You can't have 100% yet since Lost episode 2 has an achievement too.

Which will cost money as well. Thanks capcom! 3 additional packs required so far for 100%.

After finally clearing the fifth and final mission, I assure you, it is extremely difficult. I imagine it took at least 100 tries across 2.5 hours. Having fully mastered everything of what little you can do, it was still near impossible.

Jump, shoot, roll, attack, heavy attack, while you're asshole opponent has 10x more moves.

One thing to note is that if you decide to be defensive and "Hadoken spam" him from a distance, the only thing that can hit you is his EX hadoken shot that splits when you shoot a hadoken at it. So watch his combo meter HUD at the bottom of the screen. If it fills one meter, he'll likely use it.

You also decided to not heed my warning and play it anyway. I curse you with the utmost unfortunate of luck, something you will rely upon heavily, in this luck-based DLC.

You sir, are a dick -_-

Just because it was near impossible for you, doesn't mean we all need to "heed" your warning. Others have stated its simpler than you imply. On top of that, the guy DOES need to beat this to get 100% completion. No, he can't get it YET, but eventually he'll need to beat this dlc.

Thanks for giving a dick review though.

I'll be getting this later this week.

You sir, are a dick -_-

Just because it was near impossible for you, doesn't mean we all need to "heed" your warning. Others have stated its simpler than you imply. On top of that, the guy DOES need to beat this to get 100% completion. No, he can't get it YET, but eventually he'll need to beat this dlc.

Thanks for giving a dick review though.

I'll be getting this later this week.

That last bit was something I edited in to say just for a joke. This thread's tone has gotten quite negative and I thought it was humorous. No matter how you see it, I've done my part and gave solid help for the DLC. I could give more in-depth strategies for everything the DLC has to offer, since we'll likely see the same exact deal with Lost Episode 2.

None of Capcom's mishaps have ever bothered me lately (DLC on-disc, Several versions of the same game, etc.), but this DLC is something I really disliked. Basically 3-4 hours spent on this DLC, 60 seconds of it being actual Asura's Wrath gameplay. The missions should have been 50% 2-D Street fighter style and 50% 3-D Asura's Wrath style.

Edited by gillwolda

Finisched it yesterday. Wasnt that bad to get the achievement. I think I got in in an hour. I did get this DLC to complete my achievements though. But I didnt like it that much. It has nothing to do with Asura's Wrath gameplay. It's like an entirely different team made this DLC. That said I didnt mind paying 2 bucks for it and I will definitely get the other pack as well.

But still... Why would you add this kind of DLC... It's fighter gameplay... I think it's just odd.

Be prepared to game over hundreds of times as this is heavily luck based and absurdly cheap. This DLC pack is by far harder than anything in Asura's Wrath or even Street Fighter x Tekken. This was only an informative post to tell you how cheap this is. I suggest backing off from it and save your money

Gillwolda, we're brothers in hell. I have just come to the same conclusion + cursed Capcom down to the 57th generation.

Edited by eyecandy

There is only two real problems that I am running into.

One: That Low Attacks suck and that you can't do any.

Two: That for the "SF" fight that they didn't give you the option to have "SF" Controls. It is odd to fight with Asura controls

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSS since when do you press A to juuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmp!! Mortal kombat-like with the guard button.