What's the best way to tackle the Gatecrasher achievement?

The Gatecrasher achievement is the one where you smash all the security gates. I'm asking this because the achievement seems like the hardest collectable-related achievement. There's no map in the game showing where the security gates are. Plus, I've heard that some of the gates may be glitched and won't count, or the count may glitch at 134/135, or things like that. So, anyone know a good method for finding all the security gates?

The Gatecrasher achievement is the one where you smash all the security gates. I'm asking this because the achievement seems like the hardest collectable-related achievement. There's no map in the game showing where the security gates are. Plus, I've heard that some of the gates may be glitched and won't count, or the count may glitch at 134/135, or things like that. So, anyone know a good method for finding all the security gates?

I just followed this map...http://spacewolves.pytalhost.de/bilder/most%20wanted%20-%20security%20gates.jpg

I just followed this map...http://spacewolves.pytalhost.de/bilder/most%20wanted%20-%20security%20gates.jpg

Same map I used

All I can say is do it at the end, after you did everything else. since you did all the races and billboards, chances are you only missed the alley gates between building

I read this was glitched, so as soon as the game threw me in free roam I went and got them out the way before doing anything else, needless to say none was glitched and achievement unlocked right away, I actually found another 2 gates that wasn't even on the map I used, so there must be room for some error.

There are maps floating around with 135 and 137 gates but the scales are crap - it is hard to make out what you have or have not in the more congested areas.

I had 134 and could not find the others off the maps.

I watched so bloke on youtube doing them all until I found one that I did not recognise - just off a bridge actually that you coukld only see when coming from the right direction.

All done now :-)

i did the gates first after i finished the game.

as well i was worried about the glitch but i just used the map on ta and checked off one by one.

i was at about 80 something from the game itself.

had no problems whatsoever via paint and zoom.

billboards is another beast though.

took about 2 hours sure that i missed one but couldnt find it.

those maps suck even with zoom.

all clustered and stuff

good luck.

I did it early on but not right away. Had 2 glitch but you just save and quit to dashboard and the glitched ones will be standing up again. i just made note of the ones that didn't show a counter. You can argue about which ones glitch (like half the guide on TA) til you are blue in the face but it's random. And the maps are easy to read even if you already hit about half of the gates because part of the gate usually respawns later and it's pretty obvious which areas a gate can be found in.

I did it early on but not right away. Had 2 glitch but you just save and quit to dashboard and the glitched ones will be standing up again. i just made note of the ones that didn't show a counter. You can argue about which ones glitch (like half the guide on TA) til you are blue in the face but it's random. And the maps are easy to read even if you already hit about half of the gates because part of the gate usually respawns later and it's pretty obvious which areas a gate can be found in.

hmm for me when i hit a gate only that gate would fall.

obviously i cant confirm if its the same exact gate. but it seemed only what i didnt knock down was still there and if i didnt touch the gate the whole gate section was intact.

hmm for me when i hit a gate only that gate would fall.

obviously i cant confirm if its the same exact gate. but it seemed only what i didnt knock down was still there and if i didnt touch the gate the whole gate section was intact.

I think it saves the part of the gate you knock down to get credit and the rest of the gate stays up even if you knock the rest down.

• 1 month later...
Same way that I did it in Burnout. Wait for a good map version of it. Open it in MS paint and cross em off one by one.

Ths strategy worked like a charm for the billboards, I found a map with all of them then compared it side by side with the map in the autolog website. Not so easy with the gates since neither the game nor the website give you a map of the gates that you have crashed. Will have to grind it out going to every location on a completed map. Not looking forward to that.