Magic people, Voodu people

Voodu

Sup sup. The name's Voodu Majik and I'm fairly new here. I'm an ex-achievement whore, though I never cheated with gamesaves or anything to that effect, but now I only play games I'm interested in and play for fun along with getting ach's.

Sup sup. The name's Voodu Majik and I'm fairly new here. I'm an ex-achievement whore, though I never cheated with gamesaves or anything to that effect, but now I only play games I'm interested in and play for fun along with getting ach's.

Welcome to the forums!

I used to be huge into getting achievements and Gamerscore, but have now settled down with a new tag and new outlook at 360 gaming. Play for fun is my new motto :)

Thanks for the welcome.

I still love boosting my gamerscore but only with fun games. Right now I'm concentrating my efforts on Godfather, Lumines!, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Soon, though, I'll be amassing kills in F.E.A.R, Gears of War, and COD3.

I'm 26, married, one son (6 months), in the military and living in Arizona. I've been playing games since I was a wee tyke, going through systems such as Atari, Coleco, Commodore 64, and all those great oldies. Right now I own xbox 360, xbox, ps2, super nes, dreamcast, gameboy, psp, and game gear. I'm a system collector so I'll be piling on more in the coming years until I've gotten them all, including Wonderswan, Neo*Geo, and Virtua Boy.

My current favorite 360 title is Marvel Ultimate Alliance but I'm looking forward to Gears of War being the Halo killer. Next year I'll be going to college for Video Game Design so, one day, it'll be my name in the credits of the games we all love.

Welcome to the site man. Glad to see you'll be getting F.E.A.R., I'll be picking this up tomorrow as well. :woop:

Indeed. That game is gonna be fun. The demo scared a few drops of pee out of me. Thank the lord for Gamefly!

I've seen your name on a few leaderboards.

Haha, the demo scared me too man! But I loved every minute of it. You should stick around man, it's good to have mature gamers around. I'm 24 and also married with a child. Her name is Hayleigh and she's 9 months old.

What leaderboards have you seen me on? Just wondering as my gamerscore isn't that high. ;)

Looks like we're both still fairly new to the daddy game. I wish I got achievement points for being a parent.

"Make It Stop!" Survive two hours of your child screaming. (10)

"The Insanity!" Survive 4 hours of your child screaming. (25)

"Get It Off Me!" Successfully change a poo diaper without getting poo on your hand. (50)

I don't remember exactly which leaderboards but I always remember that name because I love the book "We Are Legion". I'm a big vampire fan so I ended up reading it a few times over.

Be ready for F.E.A.R. I'm sure I'll see you on the battlefield.

:rock

"Make It Stop!" Survive two hours of your child screaming. (10)

"The Insanity!" Survive 4 hours of your child screaming. (25)

"Get It Off Me!" Successfully change a poo diaper without getting poo on your hand. (50)

LMAO man, good shit! :biglaugh I'm adding you to my friends list man, we're gonna have some fun in F.E.A.R. :woop: And not to mention GoW, which I bought back in February. My gamerscore's gonna take a hit for a while when that one comes out...

P.S.

"Insomniac Survivor" Manage to get more than 4 hours of sleep in one night. (100)

"Protector of Wallets" Prevent your wife from spending over $50 a week on baby 'necessities'. (200)

LMAO man, good shit! :biglaugh I'm adding you to my friends list man, we're gonna have some fun in F.E.A.R. :woop: And not to mention GoW, which I bought back in February. My gamerscore's gonna take a hit for a while when that one comes out...

P.S.

"Insomniac Survivor" Manage to get more than 4 hours of sleep in one night. (100)

"Protector of Wallets" Prevent your wife from spending over $50 a week on baby 'necessities'. (200)

ROFL! Yea, you know exactly how it is! F.E.A.R will be nuts and, shit, GoW will be my end of days. Add me and I'll accept when I get home from work.

"Not Today You Won't!" Successfully stop 3 attempts of your child pulling something down onto his/herself. (45)

"Almost There..." Finish one level of any game without your child making you pause and put your controller down. (200)

Yea, I'm a pretty crazy-minded cat. Most of what I type is exactly how I say it out loud so, knowing that, it makes me that much more ridiculous.

At this point, I'd have quite a high Lifescore. My tolerance, reflexes, ability to say no, and other such parental attributes have risen dramatically.

I plan to stick around this place. Seems a load of fun.

Voodo and Legion, reading you guys talk about kids made me push back starting a family til I'm at least 8 years into being a cop...or around 30.

Thanks for the heads up!:drunk

Having a kid is hard work but it's so rewarding. At this point, I can't imagine my life before my son was born. Like, wtf did I do with my life before he came into the world?! I hate leaving him even just to go to the store.

My advice: do NOT have kids before you're ready to put everything on hold. I have some time to play games now that my boy is more mobile and active but when he was first born I was just lost. I couldn't do anything without him screaming. I had no idea what to do. My video gaming was spent while my lady was in the hospital about to have him. When I went home to shower and change I'd knock out a few songs on Guitar Hero. lol

I understand, as I do want a family...just don't really want any til I'm sure I can take care of everything and have my life set in order. That's why I'm waiting til I'm 30. I can't wait to teach my kid football, as I was a good football player, just had a bad knee injury. Greatest game ever!

Everyone also tells me I'll grow out of Video Games. Not gonna happen! Ever! I'll be a toothless old man playing! I know I'll have less time in my future, but this is my #1 hobby. What better way to escape from the real world than to enjoy some gaming!