Resident Evil 6 (Capcom Account Issues)

Catwoman

I pre-orderd Resident Evil 6 and received it today. I played the disc and it gave me a code that I wrote down, and double checked that it was correct. I then played the game for a few hours and I made a account on the Residentevil.net Website. As far as I know the only way to link your Gamertag with your account is via the use of The Xbox Live Code that I said about, so I input the code and it doesn't work. So it's ultimately pointless to have a capcom account if I can't even check my stats. I sent capcom a email about it. (I would find it useful to check my stats, and see how well i'm doing in the game)

This really sucks, loads of people will be able to use this service but I won't because it doesn't recognise the code, I don't know if I can view the code again... PLEASE HELP! :(

I pre-orderd Resident Evil 6 and received it today. I played the disc and it gave me a code that I wrote down, and double checked that it was correct. I then played the game for a few hours and I made a account on the Residentevil.net Website. As far as I know the only way to link your Gamertag with your account is via the use of The Xbox Live Code that I said about, so I input the code and it doesn't work. So it's ultimately pointless to have a capcom account if I can't even check my stats. I sent capcom a email about it. (I would find it useful to check my stats, and see how well i'm doing in the game)

This really sucks, loads of people will be able to use this service but I won't because it doesn't recognise the code, I don't know if I can view the code again... PLEASE HELP! :(

I made a capcom unity account, then resident evil.net accepted that. then i made a capcom account and linked those to my gamertag after i put in the code. i kept getting error messages but refreshing the page helped. it was pretty annoying/confusing.

I have made a account on both websites, but i'm unsure how to link my Gamertag to either of them. I tried refreshing the page when I input the code on the Resident Evil website but it didn't work. There was just a error on the page, or that it wasn't recognized.. It says appropriate Verification code not found so I have no idea what that means..

I do have a small tv, so it is really difficult to read small text on the screen, so maybe I wrote in down wrong, but I did double check it before playing the game. Maybe it's because I live in the uk?

Edited by Catwoman

I was having issues yesterday also what I found worked best was put letters from code in as capitals instead ie ABC123 instead of abc123.

This worked for me hope this helps . Also I found it Easyer to make an account on Re.net then link my gamertag that way I got the welcome bonus and the campaign medal bonuses .

Again hope this helps .

I was able to link my Capcom Unity account with my ResidentEvil.net acount. It allows you input your Gamertag on your profile.

I have tried inputting the code with capital letters but it doesn't work, but I'll try again. Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate that.

I was having issues yesterday also what I found worked best was put letters from code in as capitals instead ie ABC123 instead of abc123.

This worked for me hope this helps . Also I found it Easyer to make an account on Re.net then link my gamertag that way I got the welcome bonus and the campaign medal bonuses .

Again hope this helps .

Yeah same here, I got this message:

RE.NET launched

Welcome RE.NET Campaign

10.2.2012 - 10.31.2012

Welcome to RE.NET!

Register on "RE.net" from your CAPCOM Account during the campaign, and we'll give you 40,000 RE Points to spend as you please! You'd be mad not to take advantage of this!

*Only 30,000 Points awarded once the campaign is over.

I havent writen it down cause the site was down when I went to put it in any one know if it can be viewed again I tried to clear cache but it wont come up.

I also had this problem so I went into options in the game and selected the auto upload option it came up with the code again .

Hope this Helps .

I have same problems (or similar) to link my accounts... I wrote my code, and then, the page question me if I really want to link my accounts... when I selected "YES", an error has occurred (X0002) with the description in Japanese...

Next times I tried to wrote my code, directly appears the error code, not the question for link my accounts... :(

I think I unregister my RE.NET account and start it again... but I don't know if my verification code was free another time, or it was linked to the disappeared account...

Yeah this site is still crap, totally useless. I still got zero stats everywhere, no updates except my RE POINTS but I'm still level 1 with no EXP at all and I'm already halfway through the game plus I already got surpassing highscores in THE MERCENARIES. :mad:

Edit: Ok I found this in the FAQ section but still though, it's not working at all:

When is my play data uploaded to "RESIDENT EVIL.NET"?

Your play data is automatically uploaded when the results screen is displayed on each play mode.

(In order to upload data, you must have consented to data upload in the Options screen, and your Xbox 360 must be connected to the internet)

* Records based on RESIDENT EVIL.NET play data are updated about once per hour.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

I emailed Capcom directly and complained. I told them that the Xbox Live code doesn't work and I even sent them a screen print to prove it. Whenever I input the code it says that it not recgnized or could not be found. (I've input the code fives times, and it still doesn't work) :confused:

In case anyone is wondering about the code, load up the game, in the options menu, and select Auto Upload Data. The code allows you to link you Gamertag with your ResidentEvil.net Account. You might have to create a Capcom Unity account to use the forum also.

Finally it's working guys. :woop:

We still have to wait for the partner feature though.

News:

RESIDENT EVIL.NET Maintenance Bulletin

15:30 (JST) October 5th, 2012

Resolved:

- Fixed issues related to uploaded data not displaying on the site. Play data should be updated correctly within 24 hours.

- Fixed an issue that prevented items from being unlocked

Issues:

- Web Badges related to unlockable items may not be awarded correctly.

Under maintenance:

- Partner feature is still being worked on.

Important information:

If you delete your CAPCOM account, you will not be able to link the same PSN or Xbox Live ID to a new CAPCOM Account for 7 days.

I just received a reply from Capcom, they will be tacking the website offline to sort out the many issues people are having with the website. This is the reply I received:

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us and for providing a screen image of the error message.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the Redidentevil.net web site which the web support team are working on to resolve.

"Due to server congestion, the RESIDENT EVIL.NET servers are not currently working correctly.

We're doing all we can to restore the service but in the meantime we will be temporarily taking the service offline. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."

Best regards

Vibeke M.

Capcom Technical Support.

I have a question

I playing resident evil 6 via system link (offline) right now and i would like to know if my progress will be uploaded to RE.net when i playing online the next time.

I hope it will upload :(

Yes, I also tried to figure this out. If you start up the game wait for the info "CONNECTING TO SERVER" and that's when you are good to go. Doesn't matter what you do afterwards. Here is a info news directly from ResidentEvil.net:

RESIDENT EVIL.NET Maintenance Bulletin

15:30 (JST) October 5th, 2012

Resolved:

- Fixed issues related to uploaded data not displaying on the site. Play data should be updated correctly within 24 hours.

and from the FAQ section:

When is my play data uploaded to "RESIDENT EVIL.NET"?

Your play data is automatically uploaded when the results screen is displayed on each play mode.

(In order to upload data, you must have consented to data upload in the Options screen, and your Xbox 360 must be connected to the internet)

* Records based on RESIDENT EVIL.NET play data are updated about once per hour.

When is the data updated in the game and on "RESIDENT EVIL.NET"?

Records based on RESIDENT EVIL.NET play data are updated about once per hour.

Web records are updated when you login to "RESIDENT EVIL.NET".

Costumes unlocked with RE Points are immediately unlocked in the game.

World Rankings are recalculated once per day.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Huh they asked me to link too, gave a code and all but i didn't note it, is this stuff really important or some kind of "check my stats" a la GOW or whatever? Cause honestly i don't care much about my stats on RE... maybe its me wich refuse to transphorm RE into a Multiplayer game, but for me its still a solo game i enjoy in campaign...