You Are The Champion My Friend?

acdougla17

Spent over 4 hours trying to get this achievement. Played all playoff games, including the stanley cup game. Waited hopefully for it to unlock. IT DIDNT UNLOCK! Wasted all that time and even followed the guide EXACTLY. Fuck ea

Now back up your user profile onto a usb jump drive, or the cloud. Delete the other user profile completly from your harddrive. Then do exactly what you did, and it will unlock. Happened to me, and that's what I had to do. I deleted my league and made a new one again and changed my team to the Wild. Simmed every game except the 4 1 round knockout playoff games. It popped at the GM connected main menu.

Did you try backing up your save and deleting it?

Havent tried it yet, but I will try again this weekend.

Now back up your user profile onto a usb jump drive, or the cloud. Delete the other user profile completly from your harddrive. Then do exactly what you did, and it will unlock. Happened to me, and that's what I had to do. I deleted my league and made a new one again and changed my team to the Wild. Simmed every game except the 4 1 round knockout playoff games. It popped at the GM connected main menu.

Yeah, I'll try that method and hopefully it will work. Wouldn't be so bad if the load times didn't take forever.

Okay I just bought the game and decided to try for this achievement first and it popped. I did it the exact same way as the guy posted on the PS3 forums.

I picked Vancouver and simmed two week periods without playing a single game during the regular season. My team finished 1st overall. Then I played and won all four games in the playoffs. After I exited the final game it unlocked.

It took me from around 7:30pm to 1:00am.

So I followed the guide. Used Vancouver and won the Stanley Cup - first time, no unlocking of achievement.

The second time around, same thing, but this time I quit every other GM Connected League that I was in. Won the Cup, and this time the achievement unlocked. Didn't mess with my profile.

Has anyone actually unlocked this achievement in their first season?

So I followed the guide. Used Vancouver and won the Stanley Cup - first time, no unlocking of achievement.

The second time around, same thing, but this time I quit every other GM Connected League that I was in. Won the Cup, and this time the achievement unlocked. Didn't mess with my profile.

Has anyone actually unlocked this achievement in their first season?

Yup I did. It was the 2nd achievement I unlocked after I bought this game.

It did not unlock the first time for me following the guide and using the Bruins. It was my first GM Connected league and I had no others going at the time.

I got the achievement to pop on my second attempt. I moved my user profile to USB before starting the league. I was still in another league and didn't leave at any point, but it didn't seem to affect the achievement popping. It was a little late when I set up the options, so I ended up with it still having 7 game playoff series. To make it simple to win a game if I needed to, I had it on Rookie with 5 min periods. I advanced through the season and made the playoffs as the Canucks with no problems. The seven game series turned out alright cause I could sim one game at a time and only played if I was facing elimination. Even when facing elimination, I would start as a sim and then intervene in the last period to try and keep the time spent playing short. In the Finals, I simmed game to game until I could clinch. I played the final game and the achievement popped when I went back to the GM Connected menu.