Just cant Kinect with this game

I think most of us have been looking for a game that uses the Kinect for more than gimmicks and games that feel like shovel ware.

Now this could just be me and a failure for my Kinect to behave the way this game intended. I never have my Knect sensor on, so I made sure everything was setup to optimal standas.

While in the cockpit my virtual arms were flailing all around even though I was sitting with my hands in my lap. I wasn't sure if it started picking up my knees or what. When trying to look around, I felt like I was swatting at bees. At one point I was lost by the kinect sensor and in the middle of shooting the game stopped. I was taken to a screen were you have to sit and strecth out your arms and then stand and do the same.

When the Kinect controls work, its pretty cool. Having to actually stand up and put your left hand to your face like holding binoculars and move the right analog with your right hand. While its immersive, it feels awkward. The controls for the controller is fine and handles well but it stops there.

I really wanted to like this game and play more of it. Yet getting past the first level was just to frustrating and proved difficult when having to fight poor Kinect controls. The constant zooming in and out because the Kinect thought I was reaching forward, etc. I wasn't even able to fist bump my side-loader because my virtual arms were shaking like Michael J Fox on 5hr energy drinks while jumping on a trampoline.

Maybe a day-one or later update will fix these or maybe its just my setup. Though the other Kinect games were I have to stand work fine.

I had some issues with the game, but anywhere near the ones you having.

The sensor sometimes mess up my moves, like when I stretching my arms straight ahead to go for the hud vision and the sensor understood I was raising my arm and put me in to the periscope vision, or turned on the high speed mode.

But the real challenge for me is to change ammo, no matter what I do, I can rarely put up de HEAT round. The sensor just don´t understand it.

It is a fun game and all, put aside the really high dificulty, but I think Kinect doesn´t like me, no matter how much I want to like him...

I had some issues with the game, but anywhere near the ones you having.

The sensor sometimes mess up my moves, like when I stretching my arms straight ahead to go for the hud vision and the sensor understood I was raising my arm and put me in to the periscope vision, or turned on the high speed mode.

But the real challenge for me is to change ammo, no matter what I do, I can rarely put up de HEAT round. The sensor just don´t understand it.

It is a fun game and all, put aside the really high dificulty, but I think Kinect doesn´t like me, no matter how much I want to like him...

I do wish that it was as smooth as the demo video made it look but sadly its not. That HUD problem you speak of is terrible. I will be randomly and sometimes rapdily put in and out of HUD because the positions of my hands. The fact that you are supposed to be in a small space and all the items are compacted make mistakes all the more common. I was able to activate the Heat Rounds once and I had to fight damnable hard for that.

This is no easy game either and its only made worse when the controls don't behave properly.

I will come back to this game at a later date and after I move the sensor above my TV and maybe it will be a better experience. Still as I have said other games for the Kinect don't give me this problem.

I was going to rent this game, but after hearing about the problems I don't think I will.

Just rent and play on seperate gamercard until you ate sure you actually like it. That's what I did and I'm glad because I already have enough 5-35pt blunders on my GC.

I think most of us have been looking for a game that uses the Kinect for more than gimmicks and games that feel like shovel ware.

Now this could just be me and a failure for my Kinect to behave the way this game intended. I never have my Knect sensor on, so I made sure everything was setup to optimal standas.

While in the cockpit my virtual arms were flailing all around even though I was sitting with my hands in my lap. I wasn't sure if it started picking up my knees or what. When trying to look around, I felt like I was swatting at bees. At one point I was lost by the kinect sensor and in the middle of shooting the game stopped. I was taken to a screen were you have to sit and strecth out your arms and then stand and do the same.

When the Kinect controls work, its pretty cool. Having to actually stand up and put your left hand to your face like holding binoculars and move the right analog with your right hand. While its immersive, it feels awkward. The controls for the controller is fine and handles well but it stops there.

I really wanted to like this game and play more of it. Yet getting past the first level was just to frustrating and proved difficult when having to fight poor Kinect controls. The constant zooming in and out because the Kinect thought I was reaching forward, etc. I wasn't even able to fist bump my side-loader because my virtual arms were shaking like Michael J Fox on 5hr energy drinks while jumping on a trampoline.

Maybe a day-one or later update will fix these or maybe its just my setup. Though the other Kinect games were I have to stand work fine.

The problem sounds like not enough light. I've experienced similar things in other games, and the solution was to turn on lights.

The best place for them is behind the kinect sensor. overhead lights can sometimes cast weird shadows that mess with Kinect, so instead have a lamp or two BEHIND your kinect. Most importantly, never have lights directly behind you. They'll shine on the Kinect and make it all sorts of screwy when trying to register your movements.

Just rent and play on seperate gamercard until you ate sure you actually like it. That's what I did and I'm glad because I already have enough 5-35pt blunders on my GC.

That's what I was worried about. I'll do what you said and see if I can get the game to work without any problems.

The problem sounds like not enough light. I've experienced similar things in other games, and the solution was to turn on lights.

The best place for them is behind the kinect sensor. overhead lights can sometimes cast weird shadows that mess with Kinect, so instead have a lamp or two BEHIND your kinect. Most importantly, never have lights directly behind you. They'll shine on the Kinect and make it all sorts of screwy when trying to register your movements.

Okay Ill try putting a light behind it.

I was actually thinking that after I posted my first attempt. Like I said I will move it higher up and above my TV and try some light behind it. I just cant be bothered right now, there are tons of other games I have to finish.

Played Seseame Street with my daughter and everything thing was great but this game requires much more precise tracking.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was actually looking forward to getting home and playing this but OMG the amount of time i end up out of the frame or it thinks im doing something im not which resulted in me kicking walls and almost throwing my controller in rage. I think that they should work on it a bit then re release for Xbox One, hopefully the sensor works better and picks up your real movement.