So you got your Golden God Achievement.. whats your death count?!

xMANNY FRE5Hx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got 6328 deaths. Golden God unlocked pretty randomly. Finished 7-15x and even with 5 levels left in Cotton Alley, the achievement popped. I have 104% completion. I know a lot of my deaths were from me trying to improve some of my times. Like getting a time of 6.66 seconds on chapter 5-13x with the Pink Knight. Took so many tries. Gonna put this game down for the time being and start Beyond Good & Evil!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got mine, but I still have four levels left on Cotton Alley's Dark World (Bleach, Patience, XOXO, and Brag Rights which I haven't even unlocked yet haha) and the Cotton Alley bandage remaining.

Total deaths is 8,328- I imagine it'd be significantly higher if I had to do those remaining four, I died four times on Bleach then said fuck it and skipped to the next level :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't remember if it was 9k or 11k, but something around those two. Fun thing that happened afterwards was when I was having a bunch of friends at my house and let them play some games, SMB included. There was this friend of mine, and when she got hold of the controller, she wouldn't let go until like after midnight xD Needless to say, my killcount went up about 3k deaths :p

• 3 weeks later...

6590. Fuck this game was hard as hell at times. It'd probably be quite a few more for me but it unlocked randomly when I wasn't even finished the game. Still got quite a few levels left to A+ and a couple of dark levels left to do on Cotton Alley, thank fuck I didn't have to do XOXO which was horrible, I'll go back and do it some day but right now I'm just glad to have the achievement.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys are lucky. It didn't unlock for me until I had collected every bandage (including the leftover bandage in Cotton Alley) and had beaten every level in every world except for 7-20x, which is probably because I collected the bandage in that world.

As for the death count, it was 9,4xx. I wanted to finish on 9,001, but I overestimated my ability. I only had 6000 deaths by 94%, so I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to meet that goal. I was wrong :(

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...