The Skyrim Glitch Thread (Discuss All Glitches Here!)

Method

A game as high profile as this that has 14 pages of glitches and bugs should be investigated in my honest oppinion.

I've had arrows not fire, arrows have a 5 second delay firing, enemies walking through scenery, myself walking into a mountain.....it's ridiculous actually, don't get me wrong I'm invested in the lore and story etc but the amount of bugs and glitches is unacceptable

I'm not saying a large amount of glitches are acceptable but I sort of am saying that. On a game this large glitches are expected. Can you think of another game as large as Elder Scrolls games? Sure you can get some lengthy RPG's but when you look at what the Elder Scrolls offers then none compare. Look on the modding sites for Morrowind and Oblivion and you'll find unofficial patches but even after all these years they still find new glicthes and bugs.

Don't buy an Elder Scrolls game if you're not prepared for this amount of glitches and bugs. I've been told that too many times.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've run into a weird glitch while playing Dawnguard. My arrows won't travel more than 2-3 meters, then they fall down. No matter what bow or arrow type I use. This makes bows useless in the game.

Also, because of this, I can't get the Auriel's Bow achievement. I can't shoot at the sun, because arrows won't travel. Yes, I am pissed.

I tried loading earlier saves, and it seems the glitch has occured somewhere while doing the "Lost to the Ages" side quest. On the beginning of that quest, arrows work fine, but when at the Aetherium forge the glitch is there.

This means that if I want the Auriel's Bow achievement or bows to work, I have to load the earlier save and play from there (and have to go through the Soul Cairn again, because I did Lost to the Ages quest before that -_-).

I tried googling for solutions, but couldn't find anything useful.. This seems a relatively rare glitch. So if anybody has experienced this glitch or knows how to get rid of it, I'm all ears.

Hey Guys.

Since 2 days my controller is disconnecting again and again. I googled and found out, I should get a new controller/cover.

But now I found out what's happening. EVERYTIME I encounter a dragon, it disconnects. I connect it again and kill that thing. During that fight, EVERYTIME I fire with my bow, it disconnects again. It can't be the controller which is broken or whatever.

Could that be a software issue? It has to be. Like I mentioned, everytime I encounter a dragon. Sound strange, huh?

I've been playing the quest with the Gauldurson fragments and the Gauldurson amulet.

In the room where you place the amulets, and you defeated the 3 ghosts. Gauldurson will appear, and should change the fragments to an amulet. But this didn't happen, he was just staying there. Doing nothing. Had to start over the fights.

I've run into a weird glitch while playing Dawnguard. My arrows won't travel more than 2-3 meters, then they fall down. No matter what bow or arrow type I use. This makes bows useless in the game.

That happened to me as well for a bit, but after a patch was released a while back my game was alright.

For some reason if I wear a helmet or hood it makes my charter appear as if he is bald right where it's suppose to be, but only when I am a Vampire.

To be more elaborate here is a picture:

Know others have experienced this, but sometimes when I defeat a dragon the soul doesn't get absorbed. :\ I mean, I'm not in dire need of souls (usually have 15-17 on hand), but its..weird. XD

The game's frozen on me a fair few times, lagged moreover.

Some quest points I complete won't confirm. For instance, when I speak to a certain person that I'm supposed to, the marker above their head doesn't disappear and the quest doesn't update. So some of the misc quests I have prob won't be completed :\

On that note, there's an achievement for completing a certain number of sidequests, and I'm wondering why the eff I haven't gotten this one yet. I'm level 41 and I've completed so many quests it's not funny. I dunno if it's glitched or if quests have to meet certain parameters to be deemed a "side quest". :|

Mammoths have fallen from the sky, too.

in the side quest "lost to the ages" when i am at (i think) the last door right before the aetherium forge the game freezes. it only happens when i approach the door, i've tried to enter a couple of times but it the game froze everytime!

I know what you are talking about, because I thought my game froze at that point too...but it was actually making an autosave before I entered the door. So, in my case, the game didn't freeze, but I almost rebooted my Xbox when I saw it was taking a long time to load...then it finally loaded.

OK, I'm concerned. I have been trying for a week now to complete the new DLC. I only have the last 3 achievements left, (Auriels Bow, Kindred Judgement and Lost to the Ages) here is my problem. Every time I try ti load either of the 3 quest noted, either when I get to the cave or door to enter, once in load screen my games freezes, or it loads and I and the entire area is falling over and over again. I have done everything, I cleared cache, I deleted skyrim from HD, I deleted DLC, I deleted Updates, no matter what I do i can't finish this dang story.

I would ask for suggestions, but honestly, I don't think there is any. I just figured I would come here and post my happiness LOL. Thanks for reading.

When I received this quest from Rikke, I didn't get a quest marker. When I checked the quests list, I found that it had been completed with the journal entry: "I have successfully intercepted the Stormcloak Courier and turned in false documents to the enemy commander in Dawnstar". Bollocks! I did no such thing. Ever. Not only that, but the "Find the Stormcloak Courier" objective is still unchecked. Am I screwed? Will I have to create a whole new character just to finish the Civil War quest line?

Not sure if its the same on xbox, but on ps3 if you went into Windhelm there was a house, I think it was the house of clan shatter shield, but you could walk right through the corner of the house and then walk out of the city into Skyrim and walk about the unrendered world, its was pretty good

Guest Scotty
Not sure if its the same on xbox, but on ps3 if you went into Windhelm there was a house, I think it was the house of clan shatter shield, but you could walk right through the corner of the house and then walk out of the city into Skyrim and walk about the unrendered world, its was pretty good

ha, yeah ive done this. you go out through there for one of the merchant chests that you can loot from, but you need a companion. this is how you do it if you're interested;

[ame=

]
[/ame]

ha, yeah ive done this. you go out through there for one of the merchant chests that you can loot from, but you need a companion. this is how you do it if you're interested;

Yea thats the one, its really good and you can see unrendered Skyrim and see all of the people walking about in Windhelm

Ever since the release of dawnguard, I haven't been able to purchase my alchemy table. Well, I CAN purchase it, but I don't receive it. I've bought nearly 10 alchemy tables to no avail.

Funny, I've had that as well... I've also paid for some other upgrades (like a loft) and it didn't show up in the house until much later, when it suddenly popped into existence.

Has anyone else had a problem with randomly becoming a vampire? For no apparent reason that I can see, I'll just be walking through the wilderness, having not fought any vampires in the last week, and the red flash and text stating I feel my blood boil, comes up. This has happened to me twice now, and is really annoying, as I then cannot get cured of it. I try to start the quest where Falion can cure it, but no one gives me the rumor. I am starting to think that fighting Revered dragons has something to do with it. Both times I have fought one, and it uses its purple shout on me, I have turned full vampire shortly thereafter. Any thoughts?