Games that you are so close, yet so far away from 100%

Paulson

Hm, I have a few games where there is only one single remaining achievement stopping me from getting the 100% done. Most of them requires a bit of work though.

1. Dead Space 2 = Hard to the core

2. Mass Effect 2 = Insanity

3. Gears of War = Seriously

4. Gears of War 3 = Seriously 3.0

5. Fable 3 = We Need Guns, Lots Of Guns

6. Fifa 09 = The Peterson

Would be nice to get any of those done and over with. However I don't see myself completing the Fifa 09 or Gears 3 ones. To much time wasted getting those (in my opinion :)).

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so close to getting all the achievements for Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Soulcalibur IV & V, but I don't have most of the online achievements because my connection doesn't do multiplayer all that well. But I am happy that I got all the offline achievements for the three games though :)

The Godfather II Executions In Style After nearly completing it, I did not feel like grinding all the executions. MIght go back someday (doubtfully)

Assassin's Creed Revelations (Not including DLC) Fond Memories Never even attempted to get 100% synchronization in any of these games...and never will.

There is probably around 10 or so games I am withing 5-6 achievements of getting 100%. Doubtful I will get around to them.

Those damn EA Sports games with the unobtainable online achievements. Fuck NCAA Football 12 the hardest. The servers for that game are still active, but people with 4GB Xboxes can't get one of the online achievements anyway. I won't play another EA game without thoroughly researching each achievement to make sure it's attainable.

Edited by BitterMelonFarm

Can you get a flash drive? I got a 16GB one for $12.

Unfortunately, it won't work. I keep two 16GB flash drives connected to my system at all times, and this achievement still doesn't work. In most modes, it won't even register that I took in-game photos, and in online dynasty mode, if I try to save them, it glitches out and I have to shut off my Xbox. Fucking EA strikes again. Some of the other NCAA 12 achievements are glitchy as well.

Parachute Panic on the Windows Phone is a biggie. That secret achievement for landing exactly 360 parachuters in a single game is annoying.

There's a couple of achievements in the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection I'm missing as well. In MGS2 I'm missing some easy stuff like the ones for completing boss survival mode or Snake Tales. But then there's Great fucking Dane for taking every enemy dog tag from every enemy on every difficulty. Ugh. And then completing all the VR and alternative missions. Double ugh.

The MGS3 portion of the achievements were significantly easier than the MGS2 half, but I'm still missing the Peacewalker achievement for not killing a single enemy in the entire game, and King of the Jungle, obtaining every food and medical item in the game.

I'll probably go back at some point and try to finish these games. MGS HD being more time consuming than anything, and Parachute Panic feeling incredibly luck based.

Parachute Panic on the Windows Phone is a biggie. That secret achievement for landing exactly 360 parachuters in a single game is annoying.

Meh, give up on that shit. I gave up on it a long time ago... in fact, I didn't even get started. :p

For me, it would have to be Gears of War 2. Just need Seriously 2.0 for 100,000 kills. I think I've got about 30,000. :(

Borderlands.

All I have left is the Underdome DLC. I think that speaks for itself

Possibly the worse DLC I've ever played. Garbage.

Lost Planet for me. I need to pick up Target Marks in 2 Extreme levels for the last 50G. What makes it even more saddening for me is that I've already gotten them all put the achievement didn't unlock so I had to start over and then just lost interest.

Borderlands 2- I only have 2 achievements left in it, both for the fourth DLC. One is to beat its raid boss, and the other is to beat its Badass Circle of Slaughter. I can do these in Normal mode, but I would have to run through the DLC all over again, which would take at least a couple hours.