Fix the tank in 'Military Command Base'

dempup

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found if you stand in the doorway where the ammo box is and shoot through the broken chopper. you have to aim it just right or you will hit the chopper. It takes 3 of langs rockes to kiIll the tank. If you run out of ammo just go to the ammo box and get more rockets. I had a heck of a time trying everything to kill this tank. I just beat the mission on extream doing this. hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

I tossed down 3 mines in front of the door where it emerges. It blew up and I didn't even realize it. It took me 2 tries to get past it. The thing just came out of nowhere it seemed the first time and blasted me to bits. I then just ignored the guys the 2nd time and ran down to the door I figured it was coming from and placed 3 mines in a pattern I hoped it would run over.

Edit:\

Just beat it on Extreme, when you get to the open area there is a door out and a ladder. Climb the ladder and you'll have a great spot to toss your mines risk free. Take over Lang and leave Graves in cover to snipe. Pick off the guys a bit and then take Lang and spray and kill your way around the perimeter. By the time you reach the door that closes on the general, you'll hear Graves say vehicle down. Real easy that way.

Edited by Chuppernicus

I tossed down 3 mines in front of the door where it emerges. It blew up and I didn't even realize it. It took me 2 tries to get past it. The thing just came out of nowhere it seemed the first time and blasted me to bits. I then just ignored the guys the 2nd time and ran down to the door I figured it was coming from and placed 3 mines in a pattern I hoped it would run over.

Edit:

Just beat it on Extreme, when you get to the open area there is a door out and a ladder. Climb the ladder and you'll have a great spot to toss your mines risk free. Take over Lang and leave Graves in cover to snipe. Pick off the guys a bit and then take Lang and spray and kill your way around the perimeter. By the time you reach the door that closes on the general, you'll hear Graves say vehicle down. Real easy that way.

My friend, Nismoskygtr5 and I struggled with this last level where the tank appears...then I had an idea and told Brad about myself (Graves) to put 3 mines front of the big metal door where the tank will come out..it worked like a charm. The tank and a few guys around it died instantly.

• 2 weeks later...

The tank killed me the first time and I was surprised by it as I didnt even see it at first. So after I restarted I looked at the ground and saw the tank tracks and was able to figure out it comes from the door to the right of the bunker you emerge from. It's actually coming out of the area where you first hear mention of the general leaving. You go through that area earlier in teh mission. Easy kill though with mines and really easy if you toss them from above by climbing the ladder.

I just wish the Top of the Heap wasn't a 16 player achievement. Who thought 16 players would ever play the multiplayer at once?