Achievement Guide

Shaun_26

Edit: Might want to add in the guide that they updated the game which means there are now AI Special Infected in versus. This is a pain in the ass for the Wedding achievement when using the 2 controller method.

Yeah, I've only got 2 that I can currently get left.

(One being the M60 and 25 kills which I'm sure I done but nothing unlocked so I'll try again later, pity there's only 1 M60 in the whole campaign though).

The other being this with the chairs.

The AI infected really don't help but the other annoying thing is that for some stupid reason you don't get spawned special in an order now, so it's pretty rare to get the charger. Then there's the way that everything else can mess up all the chairs.

I've only tried twice so far.

First the survivor AI screwed up, leaving them standing about doing nothing, so I ran ahead, got smoked, they never helped.

Second time, I got to the bit, had to wait ages for a second charger after my first didn't ram the survivor, just hitting into him then stopping and slamming him up and down, (at 25/30 secs between spawns btw), and during this wait the chairs somehow got messed around even though I wasn't near them but eventually got a charger, managed to grab a survivor and rammed through about 13 of them and no achievement. :mad:

EDIT: Got the M60 one there. After I picked it up I ran across to the Jazz Bar with a Boomer Bile in my inventory and noticed a second boomer bile at the top of some stairs. Threw the first one, grabbed and threw the second aswell, started firing, achievement unlocked. (And would swear that it was definitely less than I had killed in the sewer tunnel with one burst when I tried it the first time).

Think I'll leave the charger one untill I'm playing with some friends, might make it a bit easier.

Edited by VladimirK

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes that new machine gun spawns in the first building. it's always in the second map before alerting the horde but that's not the ONLY spawn, the rest is random like the lockers

also the wedding crasher achievement isn't so tough... u have almost any angle to work with to get it in game vs real players.... i got it pretty quick and the one with the original survivors taking down the tank... that one came without trying, just focus on getting the gas cans unless of course the tank is right in front of u

I like the idea that they are having new mutation game modes on a weekly basis... quality > having an achievement quickly in my opinion. They are definitely making the value worthwhile, realism versus is a lot of fun.

[ATTACH]4757[/ATTACH]

http://www.l4d.com/blog/images/posts/033/Mutant-Overloard.gif Mutant Overlord - 30http://tinyurl.com/gicon

Play 6 Mutations.

Simply play and finish 6 Mutation games, Easiest done with 2 controllers in a Friends Only Mutations game. You do not have to win just play and finish 6 different games of Mutations. Must be 6 different Mutations game types, Valve will update a new game type every week. Which means playing at least one day, every week, for 6 weeks.

You DO NOT have to finish the Mutation game, I am at 1/6 on the achievement and played not even a full chapter of 'The Passing' Campaign.

[ATTACH]4757[/ATTACH]

http://www.l4d.com/blog/images/posts/033/Til-it-goes-click.gif Til It Goes Click - 20http://tinyurl.com/gicon

Using the M60, kill 25 infected without letting go of the trigger.

I found the easiest way to do this is in Chapter 2: Underground, you will find the M60 about halfway through this stage, hold onto it until you reach the safe room, at this stage the AI will stay in the room and you can walk backwards to the top of the long straight set of stairs, wait here until a horde starts running up the stairs then dont stop shooting the m60 until the achievement unlocks.

Where is the LONG STRAIGHT SET OF STAIRS in Chapter 2: Underground?

Just downloaded a copy. Wanting to boost all possible Chievo's. 6:30 EST here, will be on later. In the mean time, friend me at GT: Big Brothur if interested.

I added you and sent you a message on Live.

Anyone know a good spot to line up in for getting Wedding Crasher?

I've tried it about five times and always just hit one chair with the Survivor I grab and immediately start slamming him/her.

Do you bowl through the chairs first as you're charging the Survivor or do you need to carry them through the chairs?

Your Wedding Crasher guide is bullshit. You obviously started this guide before the new update was out or even playing the Passing. The new update introduced Infected BOTS. Your method would only theoretically work by clearing cache, denying update, and unlocking it offline. Try waiting until dlc is actually out before starting a guide next time.

Alright it seems like alot of people are having trouble with this..

I didnt have enough room 2 put this in my guide...

But if having troubles with 2 controllers and the AI try the Achievement Trading Thread.. with 3 or 4 people this will make it alot easier...

Online: Take time with your team and then once at the wedding have your team cover you while you find the best position and then Charge your 2nd controller into the 8 chairs.. with real people you dont have 2 worry about your charger being killed and your team mates can focus on the extra SI..

2 controllers:

Rush position 2 the wedding.. try and get infront of the spawning enemies... That way you can run all the way to the wedding and make it there with not to many troubles from SI.. once there try and be prepared with a charger and put your team into position as soon as possible..

You can kill off the AI but this will also make it harder, if you leave them they can clean up any other SI while you sneak your Charger into position... You can get it this way, just takes alittle bit of luck and then hope you hit 8 chairs..

Also found it easier in Muation to get to the wedding, in versus the AI tends to do stupid shit and not take out Special Infected sometimes, but once at the wedding u must be ready because shit goes down quick in Realism Versus, (Mutations).

This does involve abit of luck but is easily doable Offline, Online with 4 real survivors is easier!! Good Luck!!!

Was going to finish adding the videos i uploaded and another easier alternative for wedding crasher but im just gonna leave the guide here.. Hope my guide helps... Thanks for your time.. STEALTHSHAUN

Edited by Shaun_26

I dont no if anyone has already mentioned this but Grave Robber is easiest to do by start single player at Part 2. there is always (or at least almost always) a fallen survivor right at the beginning when you open the safe room door. Simply kill him quickly, take all 3 of his items, and repeat...

It's actually a lot more manageable to get "Wedding Crasher" by playing a Scavenge game on Riverbank. You start at the entrance of the park and you don't have to worry about tons of Hordes chasing you down and worrying about being spawned as a tank.

Great tip! I did it the other way but this would be much easier.

Your Wedding Crasher guide is bullshit. You obviously started this guide before the new update was out or even playing the Passing. The new update introduced Infected BOTS. Your method would only theoretically work by clearing cache, denying update, and unlocking it offline. Try waiting until dlc is actually out before starting a guide next time.

I got my achievement following his step in Versus. Even with the additional Infected, I got the achievement after three or four failures. Lucky for me, the additional infected help me get the achievement. 2nd Player rushed to the wedding site, while the other 3 comp was behind. As one of them got jumped, other two went back to help, leaving 2nd player all along with 1st player.

On top of that, no SI around 2nd player to interrupt the opportunity. I had one close call before getting achievement, but the guide is not total bullshit. I believe it comes to player's skill and perhaps a lot of luck if you want to do it yourself.

I unlocked "Kite Like a Man" on my first time playing, it was me and 1 other guy with 2 AI, after we got to the port and filled up the generator we ran to the car, as the car started to drive away I saw a tank on the wall that none of us shot at. Once the stats started to roll the achievement popped. Even though it was the end of the campaign I guess it counted as being killed by the original survivors

Yeah there have been reports of this unlocking easily for people..

some people have even shot the tank and the original survivors finished it and they have unlocked the achievement... Can get lucky with it, or can easily be done single player by killing your AI, even easier again with 2 or more people, no worry about special infected that way..

While playing Online if the Infected Team is full there will be no extra special infected lerking around, just incase someone overlooked this in the guide..

alot of people dont have wedding crasher so check the Achievement Trading Thread.

My "Kite" AP popped for me without me having to do shit.

The 3rd tank spawned, but he spawned by the L4D survivors while me and the other L4D2 survivors were running around looking for gas cans.

I heard the tank music, heard the tank screaming and heard guns going then ** POP ** the Kite AP came up.

I was like "Well that was convenient" .

Yea the achievement for letting the original survivors kill the tank can be done alone without splitscreen quite easily.

I collected 2 of the gas cans and used them on the generator and left the closest one there. Killed the 3 team mates and changed it to easy, I then grabbed the close gas tank and ran around in a circle whilst the survivors killed the tank.

Also like some others have mentioned, doing the wedding crasher on scavenger makes it a lot easier. You just load it up and if your main account is not a charger just vote to restart and after a while you should get it, once you do make the charger wait diagonal right of the right chairs, then place the survivor just in front of it and charge, I got it first time this way.