Hotshot achievement glitch?

missed hotshot and it's buggin the crap out of me! I was aware of how to get it but didn't realize if u go to bootcamp first u can't get it. Does anyone know a glitch or anything to where you can still get it? I don't know how EA makes an achievement like that so easily missible yet it's tapped on your gamertag so you won't be able to get it if you miss it. It sucks!

No you can't get it if you already did the boot camp and got the achievment for that. You can get hotshot first and then do the boot camp for the other one but you can't do it the other way round. It sucks, It's like that on both my games now because I wasn't big on achievments with the first one then the second one I completely forgot about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
no there is no way to get it because i have got two of the C&C games and i have tried many ways but all have failed. so you have to choose what achievement you want to get
Currently with NXE, the only sure way to get the Hotshot achievement after the Boot Camp achievement is to have a backup before you start Boot Camp.

Hotshot achievement on NXE:

1. Initially, I played Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath offline (disconnected from Xbox Live).
  2. Get the Boot Camp achievement first.
  3. Return to the Xbox Dashboard
  4. Remove the game disc.
  5. Delete the Xbox 360 gamer profile ONLY (not the other items) from the storage device.
  6. Recover the Xbox 360 gamer profile, the one in which you have never started Boot Camp, from backup (either first or second option).
    • Recover profile from Xbox Live.
      ----or----
    • Recover profile from memory card.

[*]Re-insert the game disc.

[*]Get the Hotshot achievement first, and then get the Boot Camp achievement next.

Another option would be to do some sniffing and storage device structure comparisons between before and after the profile changes. After finding out what the changes are, it could be possible to reverse to a time before starting Boot Camp. I have not tested this idea, but of course, this could possibly void warranty or violate terms.

Edited by XP1

• 6 months later...
yah i understand it annoying to look at a game and know you can't complete it
That's why everyone should routinely backup his or her Xbox Live profile on a USB flash drive; before playing the game, first study and fully understand the achievements list; and finally play the game offline so that if a mistake is made, he or she can restore the Xbox Live profile and the original achievements.

• 3 months later...

yup, I got every achivement in this game except for this one. And didn't learn about it until it was too late so now I'm locked out.

what a jerk thing to do, EA. I can only suspect some schadenfreude d-bag there is super pleased with himself he discovered he could be a dick to people in this manner :(.

• 2 months later...

There is a new glitch for Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

and Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath posted January 11, 2011 by Pyro Jigamafre (credit to Brandon1350).

Source:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a12181/mister-no-it-all-achievement.htm?showguides=1

First of all I want to give all credit to Brandon1350. Not sure why this isnt posted here yet but works flawlessly and want to share it with you all.

1) What you will need is a flash drive or an equivalent such as an Xbox Memory Unit these are ten bucks at Walmart so they aren't too expensive. You will need to transfer just your account onto the portable memory unit.

2) Turn off the system and remove the hard drive (leave the memory unit in.) Also unplug ethernet cord and make sure you are disconnected from Xbox Live. Now load up Command and Conquer 3 (this also works with Kane's Wrath) and click "New Game." Now pull out the Memory Unit (I know this sounds risky but it hasn't failed yet.)

3) The elusive training prompt will appear (VERY IMPORTANT: DON'T CLICK ANYTHING YET) Reinsert your memory unit and click "No" the Achievement should be awarded. Now just turn off the system and put your hard drive in and reboot the system.

4) Return your account, your account should be updated and you'll have your achievement.

If you guys have any questions I will be glad to help. Again all credit goes to Brandon1350. Thanks!

Similar guides on based on this bug / glitch / exploit here:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a22438/hotshot-achievement.htm

----

You could also try a couple different methods:

Source:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=206142

Okay. A lot of people missed this achievement even after the workaround (me included) because of the NXE.

There is some hope for some of you though.

If you have an xbox 360 with the old dashboard!!

Luckily I had my old xbox that got red ring, towel trick worked, happy days.

Okay so basically if you have the above then don't update it! Use a memory card to carry your gamertag over from your NXE xbox. Make a spare offline account as well - you can do this on the xbox with old dash.

Turn your gamertag so it doesn't auto sign-in, just in case.

Go through with the workaround as normal, two controllers, 1st controller with spare account and go to campaign and stop when it gives the option to skip boot camp.

Now in order for this to work, you must have your ethernet cable plugged into the back of your xbox (but not signed into live!).

Now do the trick, open up the dash blade with 2nd controller and press x, use first controller to select your real gamertag and hit a. Now select NO DON'T UPDATE!! and carry on, select no and get your achievement!!

If you don't plug in your ethernet cable then it won't work. A message comes up in-game saying the active profile has been signed out.

After trying with Kane's Wrath, it does not seem to work. It works on Tiberium Wars just fine though.

There is another workaround, though it involves somewhat controversial means..

After discovering that the Transfer Cable could be used in order to roll-back an update in GRID (link) to make the "Gotta Drive Em All" achievement unlockable again - I decided to see if anything could be done to get Mister NO it all to unlock, and indeed it can.

I discovered that your gamer profile stores a file additional to the savegame. You basically have to go in and delete this additional file - I backed up and deleted my saves too, just in case - load the game up offline and you're once again presented with the notification about the game recommending you do the Boot Camp mission (hallejuah!). I signed in to Xbox LIVE, selected "NO" and the achievement unlocked.

I went back and restored this file, as well as my saves - and all is well. I once again have the motivation to some day attempt this difficult 1000G. :)

I've been asked for more details, but I'm somewhat reluctant since the same tools can be used to achieve far worse things, that some users may find tempting to exploit (and probably eventually get banned).

First thing that's bound to get asked is, "Will I get banned for doing this?".

The long and short of it is, I don't know. Technically you're not gamesaving, nor hacking achievements. You're temporarily erasing your profile's memory of ever having played this single game. Technically, it's probably against the ToS since you are, to a degree, using a tool to modify or engineer your profile. It's a very grey area; Personally I feel that Microsoft should be doing more about glitched or unattainable achievements anyway, and if they have any issues about me doing this, then they'd have a heck of a battle on their hands!

** DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible for any adverse affects to your profile and/or console by using this guide **

Ok, so while I'm not giving any info on the tools used, I will go in to more detail about the file you need to delete; it's contained within your profile's file (make a backup!). You need to explore it's contents and you'll discover an additional folder with the same number - 4541080E - of where the game's saves are stored (you should have backed up and deleted the saves already), I think this folder just has a single .gpd file in it.. Delete the folder, save and rehash your profile (not sure if it's needed, but just in case), upload back to your HDD and go back to your console and play the game offline. Go through as normal, and this is where you'll be prompted with the in-game notice again.

It's probably safe to sign in to Xbox LIVE at this point if you want your achievement timestamped, I did, half expecting the game to moan about a sign-in change - but it didn't. Select "no" to playing the Boot Camp, and your achievement should instantly unlock. At this point, I quit to dashboard and went to upload my backed up profile file and saves for the game. I loaded back to dashboard whilst connected to LIVE, and the achievement was still present on my profile. I also tested to make sure my GDI campaign progress loaded as normal, and it did.

Edited by XP1

I went out and bought and old dashboard elite and still couldnt get that damn thing to pop.
How much did you spend? What do you do with it? Keep it in storage? If you updated it, then it would defeat the purpose of buying it in the first place.

I spent $160. It just sits in my room now. I have a slim and a halo slim so it doesnt get used... like ever.

Even though I wasnt connected to live it still updated the damn thing. Little did I know it could still do that with a HDD on it. lol.

Anyone want to buy an Xbox? lol

JK

ITS MINE!

• 3 weeks later...

Could u please say in easier terms. I really want achievement for 100% completion. I have a new slim and a hardrive transfer cable but dont know from your comments what to do. I see its posted to pull memory card out when starting a new game but is this even possible with a new slim version? I dont want to buy a memory card if its not even compatible with the new slim 360. Can u or anyone explain in easy terms if and how to get this achievement with the new 360 slim???

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't see anyone commenting about the new 250G Xbox, which I have and I needed to find a way around it. He says to remove hard drive but obviously I can't do that with an internal one.

This is pretty much what he did but it's written for those who can't remove the HD.

Put your profile on a USB stick.

Unplug your ethernet cable so you're offline.

Log on to your profile (offline of course)

Start up C&C Kane's Wrath

Select your USB stick as your save location.

Remove USB stick.

Select single player.

When prompted to do boot camp plug in your USB stick.

Verify that you are signed in (offline of course)

Select NO for boot camp prompt.

Achievement Unlocked - Hot Shot 0G

I didn't see anyone commenting about the new 250G Xbox, which I have and I needed to find a way around it. He says to remove hard drive but obviously I can't do that with an internal one.

This is pretty much what he did but it's written for those who can't remove the HD.

Put your profile on a USB stick.

Unplug your ethernet cable so you're offline.

Log on to your profile (offline of course)

Start up C&C Kane's Wrath

Select your USB stick as your save location.

Remove USB stick.

Select single player.

When prompted to do boot camp plug in your USB stick.

Verify that you are signed in (offline of course)

Select NO for boot camp prompt.

Achievement Unlocked - Hot Shot 0G

My comment referred to a slim. And yes, you can pull the HDD out of the console (it's a little flap on the bottom of the system, I had to look it up online to see where it was.) There's a small tab you push and it reveals the HDD inside. It's not much harder to do than the old Xboxes. But essentially the important part of this workaround is having your profile physically on the removable media so you can take it out in the middle of the game.

• 1 month later...
There is a new glitch for Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

and Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath posted January 11, 2011 by Pyro Jigamafre (credit to Brandon1350).

Source:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a12181/mister-no-it-all-achievement.htm?showguides=1

Similar guides on based on this bug / glitch / exploit here:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a22438/hotshot-achievement.htm

----

You could also try a couple different methods:

Source:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=206142

just tryed and works perfectly and no problems with the xbox

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...