Flawless Buzz Battle 4

brianwrightr6

I bet I tried well over 30 times at this but the last time I did I kept playing after I got hit (or the other bees got hit) when you are trying to annoy him. I just locked in on him and then stayed in the middle waiting on all the other bees to catch up then when he was about ready to swat I used the B button to slow things down and then went to the top or top corner and he may still hit some but keep playing. It may work or may not for you; the game is very glitchy so this could have been from that. Just make sure you hit all the button combos and don’t get hit from the smog. I hope this helps someone.

• 3 months later...

I can confirm that Flawless Buzz Battle 4 is awarded even if you hear the "ouch" sound wile hovering around his face outside of the red hexagon. If he actually hits you, you'll see an animation of you getting swatted away. If you just hear the "ow" noise, ignore it and keep playing. FWIW, I found a useful pattern while avoiding his spray:

----->-----|
^          v
| -----<---

Basically just move in a huge rectangle across the entire horizontal space, constantly pressing "X" to strafe quickly. As you make the turns, make sure you're avoiding the gas that's been sprayed by being either above or below it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is def one of the hardest achieves in this game. Along with Flawless 3. Kiddie game my a**!

3 was insane. Then I used my brain. The B button is my best friend now. Made 4 easy as hell.

I still can't get the Honey Farm Protector though. I need any suggestions you guys have. It's driving me nuts, I'm beginning to think it glitched an I'll have to play all the way to chapter 5 again on another save for 10GS. How lame.

EDIT: It was glitched. I just started a new game. 1 hour 15 mins later, achievement unlocked.

Edited by DemonI81

• 5 months later...
I can confirm that Flawless Buzz Battle 4 is awarded even if you hear the "ouch" sound wile hovering around his face outside of the red hexagon.

Thank you for this. I must have attempted it nearly 20 times and kept getting hit outside the hexagon. After getting hit I would just quit out and try again. I did make it once without getting hit, but then got hit by the very last gas spray, I was pissed to say the least. It wasn't until I read this that I tried it again and got it on my first try. Go figure..

As for avoiding the gas, I found it best to go all the way over to the left or right and then tap the X button and sweep the opposite direction. Then go the other way doing the same motion. The rectangle works too, but I found it to be riskier.

Wish I had read this before. This was a great help. Thanks. One other tip to avoid Montgomery when he tries to swat you: when you get the prompt to lock onto him to annoy him, press and release LT to lock on. Do not keep pulling LT. You will still be able to annoy him but you will have much more room to avoid him (I prefer the top left corner) than if you lock on and zoom in.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...