Glitch Discussion

You do NOT! You must do the parseltounge puzzle next to it first.

SpiralGamerpro, you're getting a bit obsessed with parseltongue. ;)

The parseltongue snake in the clocktower gets you the character token, it isn't a prerequisite for the gold brick puzzle. If there is a glitch that means the brick doesn't appear if you do them in the wrong order then the problem is that everyone who is stuck will already have done the gold brick puzzle. In that case it's too late unless they have a backed up save on another device.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SpiralGamerpro, you're getting a bit obsessed with parseltongue. ;)

The parseltongue snake in the clocktower gets you the character token, it isn't a prerequisite for the gold brick puzzle. If there is a glitch that means the brick doesn't appear if you do them in the wrong order then the problem is that everyone who is stuck will already have done the gold brick puzzle. In that case it's too late unless they have a backed up save on another device.

Even if you do the clock first, after you do the parseltongue puzzle, it will appear.

• 2 weeks later...

I was missing 2 SIPs, 1 is the student in the 2nd Herbology Room. I got all ingredients to the strength potion and then opened the door but there was no SIP in there. Came back later on and the door is open and the SIP is there with stars going round his head and I can't do anything to 'save' him so I think I'm going to have start all over :mad:

Have another for the second room in the library. I have a character indicator on the left balcony showing. Went and sed DM and built the spider but I don't think I killed the dementor. I have now returned, the dementor is gone but the indicator is still there.

Is there a fix for this or am I destined for the restart game route?

I think I found a new glitch. :( [edit] Maybe not!

In the room below the Leaky Cauldron are four LEGO builds you can build when you completed each year. Each one unlocks a gold brick. If you play in coop and you each happen to be building a statue at the same time, they will complete at the same time but only one is awarded a gold brick. I can't seem to find any way to deconstruct the one that didn't award me a gold brick.

Almost got everything, but 2 gold bricks are missing, along with 1 SIP. :mad:

[edit]

Whoops, found the last sip (Fountain Courtyard, the bullied student to the left) which also awarded me a gold brick (now I have 199/200). Not sure if the last one is the above glitch or something else.

Edited by mrbellek

I found a glitch........in the board where you see all the completed levels,

in the second year I see only 5 instead of 6. Perhaps something happend cause when I was playing my xbox freez and now the level is uncomplete

Someone can help ?

Thx

I'd suggest that you take a bit of time to read through the threads in this forum as this problem has been documented many times. It's often associated with Tom Riddle's Diary and happens when the level is started but not completed. There is no known fix, you have to start a new game.

I'd suggest that you take a bit of time to read through the threads in this forum as this problem has been documented many times. It's often associated with Tom Riddle's Diary and happens when the level is started but not completed. There is no known fix, you have to start a new game.

thx for the answer....however as you can notice I spend a lot of time in this forum, I red the Glitch list from gamefaqs too but I miss this glitch

so I'm sorry if my post hurt you but thx a lot for your reply :)

I can't seem to get the last student. I think it's in the charms room 2 (darker one) basement. The reason I think this is because when I return to Hogwarts from Diagon Alley, no matter where I was originally, it always puts me in charms room 2. The student in peril is the one at the far right of the first room, next to the walking dog things that push you down. I've used luminos to get rid of the plant, but he;s still standing there, grinning like an idiot.

I've tried using a dark wizard and light wizard on him, using every spell. He won't budge. I've been to every other SIP location *twice* and he's the only one that's still standing in the same location. All the others left once I recued them.

Can anyone help?

Anyone found a work around for the clock tower glitch, I knew about it and have made a back up save at various points one right at the 1st opportunity to get it and it still wont appear for me.

same here i have the clock tower glitch. i saved right before. i didn't go near the parseltongue door yet but i still won't show up

I just wanna confirm that this is TRUE!! Once you go to the parseltongue door, the green snake messing up the gears moves and allows the gold brick to fall from the bell. I did the gear first, then the door, and got both.

i can also comfirm that this is true. i made a saperate savefile and putted the gears together, nothing appeared so i reloaded my savefile and did the same again. still nothing appeared.

then i went to do the parsletongue door and the snake moved, the bell rang and the gold brick appeared.

from my expirience i think the bell needs to ring before the gold brick appears, but the snake is blocking it, thats why you dont get your gold brick if you only fix the gears.

hey i figured it out change 2 of the 3 charaters to old people and with the other person build the 3 bricks you have so you can jump as high as possible on them...continue to jump on the on the bricks and then turn on a controler and have another person begin 2 player that will make them magicly jump up top where you need to go and it will be an old person.....it takes a few trys but it works.....YOUR WELCOME and if you wanna find the last student in peril for me that would be amazing because its in hogwarts and i have looked everywhere!!!!!!

Okay so i have 1 more student in peril left and i think its the one in the slytherin dorm. He just stands there twitching in that small chamber in the wall did anyone else have trouble with this one and have to dislodge him somehow?

Not that I know of... you can try using someone with the green skull spell that kills people and see if that dislodges him.

I have but one gold brick left to get. It's the one in the second library room. I killed the pixies holding the book in the air but the book did not drop! So no hat! This is my last gold brick at 98.8% completion. Any help? Thanks.

Are you sure that's the gold brick that you're missing, not the glitched crest indicator in the back corner?

If it is then are you sure that is the hat you need? It's possible that you've already zapped that hat and need one of the others. Especially check for the one hidden on the shelves that's very hard to see.

hey i figured it out change 2 of the 3 charaters to old people and with the other person build the 3 bricks you have so you can jump as high as possible on them...continue to jump on the on the bricks and then turn on a controler and have another person begin 2 player that will make them magicly jump up top where you need to go and it will be an old person.....it takes a few trys but it works.....YOUR WELCOME and if you wanna find the last student in peril for me that would be amazing because its in hogwarts and i have looked everywhere!!!!!!

Much easier just to use Dumbledore. Using the aging potion gives you a 110 year old arthritic slowcoach, whereas Dumbledore moves and jumps quite normally.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing co-op in the great hall. Lit nine (I think) candles and the gold brick unlocks on top of the third floating platform. Either I or the g/f accidentally leave the room. Next time we go back in all the candles are still lit and the three floating platforms are there but no gold brick.

We've been back since unlocking the gold brick detector and in that room we still have a gold arrow pointing down above that third platform. Any ideas how I could get this one to un glitch please? Really don't fancy playing the entire game again. It's good, but it's not that good.

Edited by LeiChat

I'm in year 4,just got done learning the spell to break metal objects,then name slips me,I know it's supposed to be a orange indicator next to the red one on the wheel. Well,after I left the room,the orange indicator didn't pop up and i have to break the metal gate to get to the ghost's next position to finish the chapter.Not sure what I'm supposed to do.