From DiRT to Glory acheivement

Zombie Kipper

Can anyone tell me if you have to clear all the second tier tournaments (the ones on the bottom row) as well, to get the "from DiRT to Glory" achievement.

If so I think I am going to bale out on this game really early. I just cannot face another 160ish incredibly bland races.

I'll admit the tracks are the most visually beautiful in any racing game, but the really important part of the track - the bit that you race on is uninspired And lacking excitement and technical challenge.

They all seem the same - flat level ground, two hairpins, two jumps, one long section of long sweeping bends and two sections of linked 45-90 degree bends.

Bring back the Rallisport challenge franchise, the 2nd one in the series got the balance between arcade and sim perfect.

I logged over 400 hours playing it on my old xbox, if it was backwards compatible I'd still be playing it now.

It still outclasses any racing game I've played on 360. (ie all of them).

Damn, Oh well never mind, I'll stick it on eBay this Sunday.

Most people I have spoken to agree with you about how good this game is, but it is simply too arcadey for me.

When Codemasters kept saying there was going to be more emphasis on rally this time around, I guess I got my hopes too high. I was expecting a move back a more towards the more simulation based Colin McRae days.

I never said it was to easy!

I never use assists in any driving game, I don't see the point. It takes away all the challenge, the only exception is automatic transmission. I can only use manual on a steering wheel and I no longer have one - too much of a pain to set up every time I wanted to get a quick gaming session in.

As for difficulty I'm using one level below max, I would need to use manual gearing to use max level.

My problem is the quality of the tracks. I've been gaming since the early eighties and I guess I was spoilt with the content rally games had, especially in the mid to late nineties.

I miss having stages that lasted 25mins and included every road surface and kind of turn imaginable. Not forgetting persistent damage that lasted between stages until you got to a service point in the rally, adding that extra risk to pushing your car beyond it's limits.

Also the in depth performance tuning, which is so dumbed down in this game.

I could forgive the arcadey edge to the single player, if it added tournaments to the multiplayer that included that persistent damage aspect. It would add more tactical edge to the game. Plus why can I not tune my car for online racing?

Can anyone tell me if you have to clear all the second tier tournaments (the ones on the bottom row) as well, to get the "from DiRT to Glory" achievement.

If so I think I am going to bale out on this game really early. I just cannot face another 160ish incredibly bland races.

I'll admit the tracks are the most visually beautiful in any racing game, but the really important part of the track - the bit that you race on is uninspired And lacking excitement and technical challenge.

They all seem the same - flat level ground, two hairpins, two jumps, one long section of long sweeping bends and two sections of linked 45-90 degree bends.

Bring back the Rallisport challenge franchise, the 2nd one in the series got the balance between arcade and sim perfect.

I logged over 400 hours playing it on my old xbox, if it was backwards compatible I'd still be playing it now.

It still outclasses any racing game I've played on 360. (ie all of them).

Rallisport 2 IS backwards compatible! In fact, it was the first game I tried when I got the 360 wheel with hopes that it would work with the wheel, but no dice!

Damn, Oh well never mind, I'll stick it on eBay this Sunday.

Most people I have spoken to agree with you about how good this game is, but it is simply too arcadey for me.

When Codemasters kept saying there was going to be more emphasis on rally this time around, I guess I got my hopes too high. I was expecting a move back a more towards the more simulation based Colin McRae days.

Change the difficulty, damage on 'FULL', drive 'IN-CAR' no doubt you'll be complaining it's too hard then

Rallisport 2 IS backwards compatible! In fact, it was the first game I tried when I got the 360 wheel with hopes that it would work with the wheel, but no dice!

The PAL version of Rallisport challenge isn't backwards compatible, I'm guessing your using the NTSC version you lucky sod.

I recommend you play it if you have it, it's really enjoyable - try unlocking every skin for every vehicle, I did. Then I deleted my save and then did it all over again.

I have not felt that way about any game this generation. It seems every new generation you get less and less content in a game for the price of prettier graphics.

In a couple more generations we will be paying £140 for a disc with just a menu screen - albeit the most beautiful and amazing menu screen you have ever seen!

I forgot to mention in my last post - a rather sad annecdote.

I dream last night that Microsoft announced they where going to release Rallisport Challenge 3. (well I have been thinking about it at the mo)

Woke up this morning in a fantastic mood - realised I'd dreamt it, been in a foul mood ever since. Damn you Microsoft! :o(

Change the difficulty, damage on 'FULL', drive 'IN-CAR' no doubt you'll be complaining it's too hard then

Try Dirt 2 on any level of difficulty and notice the way road surfaces change the way you race.

Try Dirt 1 on the hardest difficulty and in car view - then tell me how hard this game is. You do not need to get on your knees to apologise, I already know how sorry you are!

The PAL version of Rallisport challenge isn't backwards compatible, I'm guessing your using the NTSC version you lucky sod.

I recommend you play it if you have it, it's really enjoyable - try unlocking every skin for every vehicle, I did. Then I deleted my save and then did it all over again.

I have not felt that way about any game this generation. It seems every new generation you get less and less content in a game for the price of prettier graphics.

In a couple more generations we will be paying £140 for a disc with just a menu screen - albeit the most beautiful and amazing menu screen you have ever seen!

I didn't know that. I had played through Rallisport 2 on the original Xbox, so I tried it again when I got the MS wheel, but I only race with the wheel now.

• 10 months later...